• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Preseason Thread

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking forward to reading about how Tom Kennedy is a real revelation and will probably make the team for the 32nd year in a row

I don't see him making the final 53 as he'd be redundant already having Kalif Raymond and AR-SB.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not a surprise. Lions have had the worst LBs for years, filling the holes with late picks and indragteds was never going to fix it. Barnes and Rodriguez are the type to potentially be good when they learn from a good player. They don't have that.

Although I harp on Barnes, he only had 6 games as an ILB and that was the shortened 2020 season prior to last year.

I won't be expecting rapid growth in that area for him, but I do see him getting some reps here and there at ILB and more so as a SAM. He too had nearly 25 games as an Edge when they were a 3-4 base.

Rodriguez had nearly 25 games played at both Safety and ILB. It's a huge leg up for his abilities and experience.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Thoroughly unimpressed. The only bright spots were mostly offense again. Kennedy continues to look like an NFL WR. Mo Alexander may have made it very easy for ST. Definitely won the KO return battle and lost the punt return battle. Still with Kennedy playing so well there might not be room for him on the roster. Could sneak him on the PS I think. It also means we have little need for Trinity Benson who actually had a decent game at WR and could possibly beat out Cephus (Remember we already have Chark and Reynolds so there is not as much room outside).

Inside O-line played great especially Stenberg. He made bitches out of whoever they put in front of him. Tackles were below avg and some bad. QBs were decent. I still like TB12 better. Blough should be in the XFL/USFL. He is not even Canadian league material. RB battle is tight. I think Jefferson would be out if they had to make the decision today. Jackson not only outplayed him but also the guys that are supposed to be 3 and 4. Cant see us carrying more than 5 RBs.

Defense still stinks. Only bright spots I saw was Demetrius Taylor at DT which we need someone badly to step up. The other was Austin Bryant as I predicted. He overran some plays but was almost unblockable. The secondary sucked. It is official now. Will Harris sucks at every position. Bobby Price and or S Smith are both better than him. LBs were a little better but that aint saying much.

I think Patterson looked better then Seibert. Hopefully they make the right decision. Seibert cant kick straight or far.

I am not getting my hopes too high this season. We will need to run the ball 40 times a game to have a chance to win. Cant let the other teams offense have too many chances.

Last edited:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Thoroughly unimpressed. The only bright spots were mostly offense again. Kennedy continues to look like an NFL WR. Mo Alexander may have made it very easy for ST. Definitely won the KO return battle and lost the punt return battle. Still with Kennedy playing so well there might not be room for him on the roster. Could sneak him on the PS I think. It also means we have little need for Trinity Benson who actually had a decent game at WR and could possibly beat out Cephus (Remember we already have Chark and Reynolds so there is not as much room outside).

Inside O-line played great especially Stenberg. He made bitches out of whoever they put in front of him. Tackles were below avg and some bad. QBs were decent. I still like TB12 better. Blough should be in the XFL/USFL. He is not even Canadian league material. RB battle is tight. I think Jefferson would be out if they had to make the decision today. Jackson not only outplayed him but also the guys that are supposed to be 3 and 4. Cant see us carrying more than 5 RBs.

Defense still stinks. Only bright spots I saw was Demetrius Taylor at DT which we need someone badly to step up. The other was Austin Bryant as I predicted. He overran some plays but was almost unblockable. The secondary sucked. It is official now. Will Harris sucks at every position. Bobby Price and or S Smith are both better than him. LBs were a little better but that aint saying much.

I think Patterson looked better then Seibert. Hopefully they make the right decision. Seibert cant kick straight or far.

I am not getting my hopes too high this season. We will need to run the ball 40 times a game to have a chance to win. Cant let the other teams offense have too many chances.
I woukdnsay only the secondary was truly terrible. Which makes sense. Most ofnare starters are backup level. So playing g all backups means we did not have NFL talent out there.

No surprise a team that is in the 2nd year of a total rebuild lacks depth. I am happy with the performance.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kennedy continues to look like an NFL WR. Mo Alexander may have made it very easy for ST. Definitely won the KO return battle and lost the punt return battle. Still with Kennedy playing so well there might not be room for him on the roster. Could sneak him on the PS I think.

I cannot see Kennedy being available for our PS. I believe some team would be willing to sign him to their 53-man roster - Seahawks, Ravens, Texans are possibilities that come to my mind.

Alexander's status making the 53-man appears to be more aligned with the typical pre-season feel good story. Igwebuike was 5th in KO returns last year and is also a 4-phase ST player, plus you add in his ability as RB4 - his untimely fumbles are a problem - probably outweighs Alexander WR6/7 possibilities and nowhere near the ST player as the aforementioned Igwebuike

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been extremely biased towards keeping Cephus - his physicality + sure hands, but he's been oft injured throughout his time as a Lion, so with that in mind and Kennedy's rise in play, not to mention Kennedy getting reps on ST more often, I could see the possibility that BH/DC gamble on keeping Kennedy while also hoping Cephus can be signed to the PS.

It's a toss-up for me as to who to keep.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BH/DC need to get down to 80 players today. At least 4 players could easily be placed on reserve PUP/NFI - R. Okwara, J. Williams, J. Cabinda and J. Paschal and that would leave needing just one active player to cut today - CB Cedric Boswell as he's responsible for having given up an end of game TD pass in consecutive weeks.

CB Mark Gilbert and TE Derrick Deese also come to mind

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The competition between these two reminds me of the same for Boyle and Blough as neither is an enticing want/need this player to keep on the final roster, but there currently isn't another alternative. Seibert has the stronger leg but damn his kicks are nearly always slicing to the right.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Harris sucks at every position.

Yes, he does and it's highly unlikely he's going to be cut when the final 53 is announced - unfortunately. His transition to CB is less than half a season and for whatever reason DC and Pleasant publicly rave about him traits, leadership and willingness to play anywhere, I cannot see them cutting bait especially with all the inexperience that exists with the entire DB group.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The defense is highly questionable throughout every level/group. Inexperience at the NFL level, switching schemes, players not having continuity and chemistry with one another and not knowing what to expect from their own teammates as where to be or who is responsible for opponents in certain situations. I expect a lot of peaks and valleys from nearly every player throughout the first 8-10 games on this side of the ball.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only bright spots I saw was Demetrius Taylor at DT which we need someone badly to step up

I could see where the possibility exists that Onwuzurike is put on IR and D. Taylor makes the final 53. It would mean Levi is gone for the year, but they might as well let him heal completely and then rehab to see if that helps for those last years.

The 2nd-round pick curse is still relevant for now.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and there it is

Both the NFI and PUP lists act the same, meaning these players will no longer count against the team’s current active roster, but they are also now ineligible to play in the team’s first four games of the season.

Paschal, Detroit’s second-round pick, aggravated an injury from college during minicamp and required sports hernia surgery in the spring. It’s an unfortunate setback for the defensive lineman, but the long-term prognosis is apparently positive for the former Kentucky Wildcat.

“I would say for where we thought he would be at this point, he’s ahead of schedule,” Campbell said in early August. “He’s doing well. He’s a grinder man. Like, we’re having to pull him back.”

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Cabinda suffered an ankle injury that was originally not believed to be too serious, but Campbell noted last week that the rehab process was taking longer than expected.

It’s notable that cornerback Jerry Jacobs was not placed on the reserve/PUP list, suggesting he could be close to coming back to the field after suffering a torn ACL in December. That being said, if he does not show enough progress, he can still be placed on the reserve/PUP list at the 53-man roster cut downs.

In addition to these moves, the Lions also cut linebacker Shaun Dion Hamilton to get down to the 80-man roster limit by Tuesday’s deadline. They will have to get down to 53 players by next Tuesday at 4 p.m. ET.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and there it is

Both the NFI and PUP lists act the same, meaning these players will no longer count against the team’s current active roster, but they are also now ineligible to play in the team’s first four games of the season.

Paschal, Detroit’s second-round pick, aggravated an injury from college during minicamp and required sports hernia surgery in the spring. It’s an unfortunate setback for the defensive lineman, but the long-term prognosis is apparently positive for the former Kentucky Wildcat.

“I would say for where we thought he would be at this point, he’s ahead of schedule,” Campbell said in early August. “He’s doing well. He’s a grinder man. Like, we’re having to pull him back.”
Surprised it was Shaun Dion Hamilton that was the first cut. So many more deserving options!

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the meantime, Williams has been present at every Lions practice, football in hand, going through mental reps. He even traveled with the team to Indianapolis for joint practices while most injured players stayed behind in Allen Park.

It’s unclear how much time beyond the first four games Williams will miss. He is not allowed to practice during the first four weeks of the season, and the Lions have a Week 6 bye. Because of this, many have estimated his NFL debut will not come until at least November.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised it was Shaun Dion Hamilton that was the first cut. So many more deserving options!

I am also surprised that it is him. They must have their minds set as to who stays at this juncture.

My best guess for the LB group is Anzalone, Rodrigo, Barnes, Pittman and one of Board or Woods.
Does J. Okwara fit in here anymore? He also is injured.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also surprised that it is him. They must have their minds set as to who stays at this juncture.

My best guess for the LB group is Anzalone, Rodrigo, Barnes, Pittman and one of Board or Woods.
Does J. Okwara fit in here anymore? He also is injured.
He was the one calling the defensive plays during the player run practice. Makes me think they have a disconnect between players and coach on that one

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot see Kennedy being available for our PS. I believe some team would be willing to sign him to their 53-man roster - Seahawks, Ravens, Texans are possibilities that come to my mind.

Alexander's status making the 53-man appears to be more aligned with the typical pre-season feel good story. Igwebuike was 5th in KO returns last year and is also a 4-phase ST player, plus you add in his ability as RB4 - his untimely fumbles are a problem - probably outweighs Alexander WR6/7 possibilities and nowhere near the ST player as the aforementioned Igwebuike
Alexander on the PS not Kennedy

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The competition between these two reminds me of the same for Boyle and Blough as neither is an enticing want/need this player to keep on the final roster, but there currently isn't another alternative. Seibert has the stronger leg but damn his kicks are nearly always slicing to the right.
Pattersons kickoffs were way deeper.