• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Preseason Thread

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When the Detroit Lions reduced the roster on Tuesday from 80 down to 53 players, they used a technicality with five players. They were all designated as waived/injured.

Those five players are now back on the Lions roster and payroll, at least temporarily. When they went unclaimed on Wednesday, the quintet reverted to the Lions’ injured reserve list.

From POD
In other news, the Lions released Trinity Benson with an injury settlement. The other four players who were waived/injured—Eric Banks, Jashon Cornell, Kevin Jarvis, C.J. Moore—have reverted back to the Lions’ injured reserve list and their seasons are done.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the hell does this staff continue to give Jarrad Davis and players like him continuous chances.
These moves make me question Brad Holmes' decision making.

Detroit Lions 2022 practice squad members (16 player max)​

1. TE Garrett Griffin (per Dave Birkett)
  2. CB Saivion Smith (per Dave Birkett)
  3. NB AJ Parker (per Justin Rogers)
  4. WR Tom Kennedy (per Tom Pelissero)
  5. RB Justin Jackson (per Justin Rogers)
  6. EDGE James Houston (per Kyle T. Mosley)
  7. WR Maurice Alexander (per Lions)
  8. LB Jarrad Davis (per Lions)
  9. TE Derrick Deese (per Lions)
  10. DT Bruce Hector (per Lions)
  11. LB Anthony Pittman (per Lions)
  12. OT Dan Skipper (per Lions)
  13. OT Obinna Eze (per Lions)

Honestly, I'm never going to stress 'wasting' a spot on the practice squad with a player. And certainly doesn't make me question Holmes, who gives a crap? It's an emergency fill-in role if we have to put multiple LBs from the active roster onto IR and need someone that actually knows the playbook. We get to that point, the season is screwed anyway.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant believe that Bloughjob signed to MN PS instead of ours.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm drinking the koolaid this year. I don't think they wait another year to start winning. They'll be a playoff contender. At least 9 wins.

But if Goff gets hurt, we're fucked.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm drinking the koolaid this year. I don't think they wait another year to start winning. They'll be a playoff contender. At least 9 wins.

Now that Eze is not on the O-line we should probably be OK. He got Blough crippled in the last game.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vaitai went on IR, I guess now we know why they kept Kraemer and Stenberg.

Cornell, Banks, Jarvis, and Moore are all waived from IR with an injury settlement.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont expect the Lions to be in the running for the #1 pick in next years draft. But I think they'll be a lot closer to that than they are to the playoffs.

I mean I love Kool-aid as much as the next guy. If I had a man cave I would build a kool-aid fort instead of Matt Patricia's stupid gatorade fort. And I'd build my own paper mache Dan Campbell to have him full time serving me kool-aid. But even if real Dan Campbell came and personally forced me to drink kool-aid I just don't see this roster as talented enough to win more than they lose this year. 6-11 maybe 7-10.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont expect the Lions to be in the running for the #1 pick in next years draft. But I think they'll be a lot closer to that than they are to the playoffs.

I mean I love Kool-aid as much as the next guy. If I had a man cave I would build a kool-aid fort instead of Matt Patricia's stupid gatorade fort. And I'd build my own paper mache Dan Campbell to have him full time serving me kool-aid. But even if real Dan Campbell came and personally forced me to drink kool-aid I just don't see this roster as talented enough to win more than they lose this year. 6-11 maybe 7-10.
Playoffs are not going to happen 1 year after a complete teardown. As long as Lions are clearly better than last year I will be happy. 5 or less wins and Goff clearly answered the questions if he is the guy or not.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 preseason games and no injuries. They get a week off and half the O-line is hurt. WTF?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chandler bing dancing GIF