• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 offseason gossip & facts

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it is even funnier when they use the term "M word" instead of the actual word

“Stephen [Jones] and I went over to Jonesboro and a lot of our staff, certainly our scouts, and wanted to give a big memorial to Lace,” Jones said. “Lace held court out here (in Oxnard). I’m going to get me somebody, a [M-word], to stand up there with me and dress him up like Lace and think Lace is still out here helping at practice with us.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it is even funnier when they use the term "M word" instead of the actual word

“Stephen [Jones] and I went over to Jonesboro and a lot of our staff, certainly our scouts, and wanted to give a big memorial to Lace,” Jones said. “Lace held court out here (in Oxnard). I’m going to get me somebody, a [M-word], to stand up there with me and dress him up like Lace and think Lace is still out here helping at practice with us.
He is the main reason for our 26 year drought. What other owner is at the podium?? Why can't you just stay in the background?? LOL

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I read Jones said the M word. I thought God Dammit, he said Mike or McCarthy!!! That Sonofabitch! :lm:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these are at positions that this team needs help at. The guy I've hoped for all along was Tretter, but I'd say all could help this team and all but the top 2 could be reasonable signings from a need/salary demand perspective

BEST NFL FREE AGENTS AVAILABLE​

Rank
Odell Beckham
WR · Age: 29
It makes sense for Beckham to stay in Los Angeles and rehab with the Rams after tearing his ACL in the Super Bowl. If I was an opposing general manager, though, I'd offer Beckham a strong long-term deal with guaranteed money now, because it would pay off in Years 2 and 3. Talents like Beckham aren't often available.

Rank
Duane Brown
OT · Age: 37
Brown solved the Seahawks' left tackle problem in 2017; he probably had his worst year in Seattle last season before hitting free agency. He'll turn 37 years old before the 2022 campaign kicks off, and he probably won't continue to command top-tier money, but he shouldn't be that far off.

Rank
Trey Flowers
DE · Age: 29
Flowers was unable to stay healthy the last two seasons, but he'll only be 29 years old this fall and had a PFF grade over 80 in every season between 2017-2020, making him one of the most consistent defensive linemen in football. He should still have good football left in him in the right scheme.

Rank
JC Tretter
C · Age: 31
The stalwart center barely practiced all season because of knee and ankle injuries, but you wouldn’t have known it after he logged 1,000-plus quality snaps for the fifth straight year (per PFF). He’s unquestionably still an above-average starter, which is not easy to find.

Rank
Will Fuller
WR · Age: 28
Fuller missed time in 2021 due to a PED suspension, a personal issue and a broken finger. It’s safe to say there are red flags, but the man sure can run fast!

Will Fuller beats Damon Arnette for clutch two-point grab

Rank
Eric Fisher
OT · Age: 31
Fisher took his first snaps as a Colt just eight months removed from tearing his Achilles and had his worst season since his rookie year. That could make him a better value this offseason.

Rank
Anthony Barr
OLB · Age: 30
The game-changing splash plays are mostly gone. Still, Barr is the rare linebacker who can rush, tackle and cover, barely leaving the field.

Rank
Sheldon Richardson
DT · Age: 31
Seems like no one has been on more of our Top 101 lists over the years than Richardson, who still delivers professional snaps on a year-to-year basis. Well, unless it’s this next guy …

Rank
Ndamukong Suh
DL · Age: 35
I admittedly have a soft spot for Suh, who was absolutely the Bucs' best defensive player in their playoff loss to the Rams. He still shows up in big moments.

Rank
Kevin King
CB · Age: 27
It’s a shame King got hurt last season, because he looked at home under first-year Packers defensive coordinator Joe Barry.

Rank
Dont'a Hightower
LB · Age: 32
It took Hightower a while to knock off the rust following his year off. His bigger issue is how the game has changed to target players like him in pass coverage, but his leadership and intelligence are both off the charts.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally this ones a no for me. Our biggest need at WR is a guy to start when Gallup is out at the start of the year and he is also hurt, but saw this on Twitter and thought this was funny so:

1658950483884.png

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these are at positions that this team needs help at. The guy I've hoped for all along was Tretter, but I'd say all could help this team and all but the top 2 could be reasonable signings from a need/salary demand perspective

Rank
Odell Beckham
It makes sense for Beckham to stay in Los Angeles and rehab with the Rams after tearing his ACL in the Super Bowl. If I was an opposing general manager, though, I'd offer Beckham a strong long-term deal with guaranteed money now, because it would pay off in Years 2 and 3. Talents like Beckham aren't often available.

Rank
Duane Brown
Brown solved the Seahawks' left tackle problem in 2017; he probably had his worst year in Seattle last season before hitting free agency. He'll turn 37 years old before the 2022 campaign kicks off, and he probably won't continue to command top-tier money, but he shouldn't be that far off.

Rank
Trey Flowers
Flowers was unable to stay healthy the last two seasons, but he'll only be 29 years old this fall and had a PFF grade over 80 in every season between 2017-2020, making him one of the most consistent defensive linemen in football. He should still have good football left in him in the right scheme.

Rank
JC Tretter
The stalwart center barely practiced all season because of knee and ankle injuries, but you wouldn’t have known it after he logged 1,000-plus quality snaps for the fifth straight year (per PFF). He’s unquestionably still an above-average starter, which is not easy to find.

Rank
Will Fuller
Fuller missed time in 2021 due to a PED suspension, a personal issue and a broken finger. It’s safe to say there are red flags, but the man sure can run fast!

Rank
Eric Fisher
Fisher took his first snaps as a Colt just eight months removed from tearing his Achilles and had his worst season since his rookie year. That could make him a better value this offseason.

Rank
Anthony Barr
The game-changing splash plays are mostly gone. Still, Barr is the rare linebacker who can rush, tackle and cover, barely leaving the field.

Rank
Sheldon Richardson
Seems like no one has been on more of our Top 101 lists over the years than Richardson, who still delivers professional snaps on a year-to-year basis. Well, unless it’s this next guy …

Rank
Ndamukong Suh
I admittedly have a soft spot for Suh, who was absolutely the Bucs' best defensive player in their playoff loss to the Rams. He still shows up in big moments.

Rank
Kevin King
It’s a shame King got hurt last season, because he looked at home under first-year Packers defensive coordinator Joe Barry.

Rank
Dont'a Hightower
It took Hightower a while to knock off the rust following his year off. His bigger issue is how the game has changed to target players like him in pass coverage, but his leadership and intelligence are both off the charts.
OBJ and Barr would both be difference makers IMO

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rank
Odell Beckham

Rank
Duane Brown

Rank
Trey Flowers

Rank
JC Tretter

Rank
Will Fuller

Rank
Eric Fisher

Rank
Anthony Barr

Rank
Sheldon Richardson

Rank
Ndamukong Suh

Rank
Kevin King

Rank
Dont'a Hightower
wouldnt mind kicking some tires on Fisher or Richardson, but the rest. Nah!

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally this ones a no for me. Our biggest need at WR is a guy to start when Gallup is out at the start of the year and he is also hurt, but saw this on Twitter and thought this was funny so:

View attachment 303248
Image result for nope gif's

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a weapon as a returner.
I agree. Not sure he makes the team but if he does it's like to be as a return guy and we need one (especially PR) so could work out for us

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. My expectations for him for this year are pretty low right now and he may still be looking at a small suspension. When I start hearing he matures and dedicates himself 100% to football I'll see that as huge.
If anything comes out of all this I would hope that be the primary thing for the kid regardless of how his football fortunes end up. That was an incredibly bad situation he placed himself in.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuts are starting.

No WTF moves here.

The most notable cut here is Ryan Nall. Signed to play fullback and on special teams, Nall has been missing time with his injury and couldn’t play in last Saturday’s preseason game.

As the only fullback on the roster before, Nall’s absence was filled by several tight ends used as backfield blockers and other formations. Waiving Nall could indicate that Dallas will forego the FB position completely in 2022.

None of the other cuts were expected to make this year’s roster. Kyron Brown, Ian Bunting, and Austin Faoliu were all holdovers from last year’s practice squad. Ty Fryfogle was an undrafted rookie this year but has fallen behind Dennis Houston and KaVontae Turpin in the fight for the bottom of the roster