• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 offseason gossip & facts

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious how many of these things will vastly change from right after the superbowl to week 1 next season

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horribly misleading title to that article. As if they are cutting Cooper to keep Zeke.

Zeke will be back because of the cap hit to cut him with or without Cooper. Cooper's cap hit and our cap problem are what has had Cooper on the potential chopping block after 2021 from the day he signed his contract. Perhaps one could say we opted to restructure Zeke instead of Cooper, but at this point Zeke can't be cut.

I thought the more meaningful comment made in the clip was about prioritizing Gallup and wanting him back. That would more be a choice and help to seal Cooper's fate than us keeping Zeke. From day 1 we weren't keeping both Cooper and Gallup unless we are the dumbest cap team in the league (which we very well may be). My preference is Gallup due to the cap difference between the two and our cap situation and the fact that I'm higher on him than most and don't see Cooper as our #1 over Lamb, but the injuries this past season and how much Gallup wants could make me change my mind to Cooper, or maybe neither (drastic and hopefully unlikely, but let's see how it goes)

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horribly misleading title to that article. As if they are cutting Cooper to keep Zeke.

Zeke will be back because of the cap hit to cut him with or without Cooper. Cooper's cap hit and our cap problem are what has had Cooper on the potential chopping block after 2021 from the day he signed his contract. Perhaps one could say we opted to restructure Zeke instead of Cooper, but at this point Zeke can't be cut.

I thought the more meaningful comment made in the clip was about prioritizing Gallup and wanting him back. That would more be a choice and help to seal Cooper's fate than us keeping Zeke. From day 1 we weren't keeping both Cooper and Gallup unless we are the dumbest cap team in the league (which we very well may be). My preference is Gallup due to the cap difference between the two and our cap situation, but the injuries this past season and how much Gallup wants could make me change my mind to Cooper, or maybe neither (drastic and hopefully unlikely, but let's see how it goes)
completely agree.
One isnt about the other.
Honestly though if we thought Cooper was gonna stay long term (say over 3 years) he might get restructured & Gallup walks. But I dont really see both Gallup & Cooper being on the team together week 1.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
completely agree.
One isnt about the other.
Honestly though if we thought Cooper was gonna stay long term (say over 3 years) he might get restructured & Gallup walks. But I dont really see both Gallup & Cooper being on the team together week 1.
Plus, and I know he is also a FA, but I really like Wilson as a #3. I think we are plenty good at WR with Lamb, Cooper or Gallup and Wilson. If Dak and the OL play even just "OK", WR won't IMO be our issue. I'm all about the trenches this offseason. Center and Guard (unless we move Collins back) upgrades badly needed and a big upgrade needed at one DT spot and some help at the other needed as well. Throw in a LB who can excel on early downs and in a perfect scenario play all 3 downs and we have something. And all of this is ignoring our DBs. So to me, we just can't afford Cooper with these bigger problems.

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jerry keeping the brand front row with his Quinn comments / Payton clouds AND two days after the SB McCarthy on a national podcast having the nation buzz. Only in Big D

thought a local radio mediahead was funny this morning when he said Jerry might be mad about McCarthy's podcast but currently he's more about Quail season.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jerry keeping the brand front row with his Quinn comments / Payton clouds AND two days after the SB McCarthy on a national podcast having the nation buzz. Only in Big D

thought a local radio mediahead was funny this morning when he said Jerry might be mad about McCarthy's podcast but currently he's more about Quail season.
After this afternoons news about Rich Dalrymple, Jerry might be considering a different end game with his quail rifle.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a lot of chatter about dysfunction surrounding Cowboys. Mccarthy was quoted as saying things are different than he is used to. Lol. There was 12.5 million reasons Zeke played half the season with a damaged knee. Most organizations would have played Pollard and let Zeke heal

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a lot of chatter about dysfunction surrounding Cowboys. Mccarthy was quoted as saying things are different than he is used to. Lol. There was 12.5 million reasons Zeke played half the season with a damaged knee. Most organizations would have played Pollard and let Zeke heal
wasn't Pollard injured too?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kansas City Chiefs have released linebacker Anthony Hitchens, it was announced Tuesday.
Hitchens had 80 tackles and an interception in 15 games last season.
Hitchens, 29, joined the Chiefs as a free agent in 2018, and he registered a career-best 135 tackles that season. In four seasons with the Chiefs, Hitchens played in 70 games in the regular season and playoffs with two sacks, one interception and two forced fumbles.
The Chiefs will save about $8.4 million against their salary cap in 2022.

IF he were to sit on the open market awhile in FA, You think he'd be worth a 1 or 2 year deal?
I always loved his play in the box.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't Pollard injured too?
Pollard got injured but not until later on in season. Pollard is one of those type that if he gets enough carries he is going to eventually bust a huge run.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kansas City Chiefs have released linebacker Anthony Hitchens, it was announced Tuesday.
Hitchens had 80 tackles and an interception in 15 games last season.
Hitchens, 29, joined the Chiefs as a free agent in 2018, and he registered a career-best 135 tackles that season. In four seasons with the Chiefs, Hitchens played in 70 games in the regular season and playoffs with two sacks, one interception and two forced fumbles.
The Chiefs will save about $8.4 million against their salary cap in 2022.

IF he were to sit on the open market awhile in FA, You think he'd be worth a 1 or 2 year deal?
Hitchens was solid in run defense.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not arguing just asked
I understand. The problems with the running game became an even bigger issue after Pollard suffered the foot injury. Prior to that i think the Cowboys were not using Pollard enough

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm down with Daniel Jeremiah's mock on NFL dot com

Dallas Cowboys

Dallas Cowboys

Nakobe Dean

Nakobe Dean
Georgia · LB · Junior
Dean would be the perfect middle linebacker for the Cowboys. He can direct traffic, provide leadership and free up Micah Parsons to be used as a pass rusher.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the draft is strong at DE, WR and CB this year. This can be the year if we are to drop Coop and not re-sign RG. I happen to like a few TEs too, so Schultz leaving shouldn't hurt terribly bad.
Re-sign those safeties, both WRs, and use the draft wisely.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. He still has plenty of gas in the tank. Don't know what the market is for him but as you say - if he's sitting there and not getting any nibbles I'd love to have him in here again.