• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 offseason gossip & facts

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuts are starting.

No WTF moves here.

The most notable cut here is Ryan Nall. Signed to play fullback and on special teams, Nall has been missing time with his injury and couldn’t play in last Saturday’s preseason game.

As the only fullback on the roster before, Nall’s absence was filled by several tight ends used as backfield blockers and other formations. Waiving Nall could indicate that Dallas will forego the FB position completely in 2022.

None of the other cuts were expected to make this year’s roster. Kyron Brown, Ian Bunting, and Austin Faoliu were all holdovers from last year’s practice squad. Ty Fryfogle was an undrafted rookie this year but has fallen behind Dennis Houston and KaVontae Turpin in the fight for the bottom of the roster
You & I coulda picked 10 seeing just the game on TV. I somewhat kid and bodies are needed.
BUT...I wanna see more of both Houston & Turpin. I also liked what I saw from the the drafted cornerback...and what's not to like about not one but two 4 year stating TE's?

The first 2 games are more about seeing if anyone outta the blue looks as if they could help the team. We know the first 3 rounders are safe.

I really can't tell you much about oline play, but the 5 I mentioned caught my eye The Texas LB is local here and has interest for me, I know he's a downhill LB and can run down on coverage teams...not sure about playing pro LB.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuts are starting.

No WTF moves here.

The most notable cut here is Ryan Nall. Signed to play fullback and on special teams, Nall has been missing time with his injury and couldn’t play in last Saturday’s preseason game.

As the only fullback on the roster before, Nall’s absence was filled by several tight ends used as backfield blockers and other formations. Waiving Nall could indicate that Dallas will forego the FB position completely in 2022.

None of the other cuts were expected to make this year’s roster. Kyron Brown, Ian Bunting, and Austin Faoliu were all holdovers from last year’s practice squad. Ty Fryfogle was an undrafted rookie this year but has fallen behind Dennis Houston and KaVontae Turpin in the fight for the bottom of the roster
Well Elliott is an excellent blocker. So he can play full back when Pollard runs the ball in the 2nd half of season. :becky:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Elliott is an excellent blocker. So he can play full back when Pollard runs the ball in the 2nd half of season. :becky:
I'm thinking they will trot McGovern out there when they want to go power. My guess is they will have to go very deep at WR to account for Gallup and Washington. After they return I'd say they sign a FB.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator Kellen Moore has made it abundantly clear that Tony Pollard will get more touches this season. However, that doesn't mean he'll receive more carries.
Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott recently complimented Pollard's abilities as a pass-catcher. It sounds like the team has a plan for Pollard at wide receiver.
"He can get out there and be one of our best pass-catchers, and just the way that he's grown, just with his route running from the time that we've asked him to take on that role is impressive itself," Prescott said, via ESPN.
Playing wide receiver isn't anything new to Pollard. He thrived at that position during his college career at Memphis.
From 2016 to 2018, Pollard had 104 catches for 1,292 yards and nine touchdowns.
“It’s definitely coming back to me, getting out there, being more comfortable doing the receiver thing,” Pollard said.
Last season, Pollard had 39 receptions for 337 yards. His production could dramatically increase this fall, especially with wide receivers Amari Cooper and Cedrick Wilson Jr. out of the picture.
The Cowboys will kick off their season on Sept. 11 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. We'll find out then what type of role the coaching staff has in store for Pollard.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember being disappointed that the Cowboys didn't take Little in the 2nd round a couple of years ago. He went to Jacksonville with the next pick after Dallas took Kelvin Joseph...
I wanted Assante Samuel Jr. Joseph was not on my radar to be honest. I wonder what it would take to trade for Little? Probably not cheap . jags would want a 2nd I am sure. I expect a trade if the Cowboys stumble out of the gate.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Assante Samuel Jr. Joseph was not on my radar to be honest. I wonder what it would take to trade for Little? Probably not cheap . jags would want a 2nd I am sure. I expect a trade if the Cowboys stumble out of the gate.
The Jags have 2 really good starting tackles, Little is the swing, but has been real impressive. If I am the Jags, I ask for a 1st, because why not. They might settle for a 2 but I doubt less than that. Doesn't matter, the Cowboys won't do it

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jags have 2 really good starting tackles, Little is the swing, but has been real impressive. If I am the Jags, I ask for a 1st, because why not. They might settle for a 2 but I doubt less than that. Doesn't matter, the Cowboys won't do it
I can't see any way they get even a 2nd IMO. He's not in their plans as a starter right now and even if he was your value drops after the draft if you don't meet or more likely even exceed your draft value. I suspect a 3rd would be enough and possibly a 4th (but maybe not) . I remember liking the kid at draft time but don't have an opinion on him since in the league. I really haven't watched Jax

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't see any way they get even a 2nd IMO. He's not in their plans as a starter right now and even if he was your value drops after the draft if you don't meet or more likely even exceed your draft value. I suspect a 3rd would be enough and possibly a 4th (but maybe not) . I remember liking the kid at draft time but don't have an opinion on him since in the league. I really haven't watched Jax
How about a 3rd and Trysten Hill

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, he isn't on the block. They love him. He isn't starting, but he is on a rookie contract and can start in a year or so when one of the starters becomes a salary cap casualty. I can't see them giving away a potential future LT starter for a 3 or 4.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to say besides Smith I'm really excited about the two rookie TE's. They handled the National stage in NY very well. Local radio said both graded out well and think both already block better than Schults. If this continues, I think our cap situation get a load better next year allowing Schultz to test the market.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to say besides Smith I'm really excited about the two rookie TE's. They handled the National stage in NY very well. Local radio said both graded out well and think both already block better than Schults. If this continues, I think our cap situation get a load better next year allowing Schultz to test the market.
I like both of them. I think they just need to stick with using two tight ends. I prefer winning ugly than losing a shootout Hendershot looks like a good reciever. He also has an nasty demeanor. There was some type of altercation after the game and he was in the middle of it.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith has been the best tackle so far that was drafted in round one. He is doing well. He took out at least 3 players on Zeke's longest run Monday night. I also noticed nobody able to bull rush him. He stopped vita vea and that is not easy to do