• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 offseason gossip & facts

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
other than Gallimore and Odighizuwa plus possible the new rookie Ferguson we really need at least 1 maybe 2 at DT. Hill, Bohanna, Bronson and Faoliu are next to useless
If we don't add anyone I suspect Watkins will be in the mix again. He was average at best last year and for his career, but average for our DTs gets you starting or at least in a rotation. Also, I think Bohanna will improve. I'm not writing him off after one year. We also seem to always have an UDFA in the mix at DT each year. Hill I'd cut and would have cut long ago

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they definitely sign some guys. Hopefully not just vet minimums. We still have holes and we have plenty of cap space to fill a couple of them. Stupid Stephen's idea of saving all your cap space for your current guys who will be become FAs in a couple of years is actually worse for the team than Jerry's drunken soldier approach to free agency. Can someone just explain to them that there is a happy medium between the two. :L
Two idiots that don't have a clue running this team.
They are still losing their own draft picks because they low ball every player.

The year to spend was this year.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't add anyone I suspect Watkins will be in the mix again. He was average at best last year and for his career, but average for our DTs gets you starting or at least in a rotation. Also, I think Bohanna will improve. I'm not writing him off after one year. We also seem to always have an UDFA in the mix at DT each year. Hill I'd cut and would have cut long ago
I would not have drafted Hill in round 2. I would have drafted that safety thornhill instead. At least Thornhill is a starter.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are still losing their own draft picks because they low ball every player.

The year to spend was this year.
I don't remember them low balling too many of our own FAs. They offered Gregory the same as he took from Denver and I'm glad he is gone. His actual production never earned that deal IMO

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember them low balling too many of our own FAs. They offered Gregory the same as he took from Denver and I'm glad he is gone. His actual production never earned that deal IMO
exactly. only thing different was the Cowboys wanted him to be held responsible for any misdeeds (drugs: marijuana) and Denver didn't

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think William's,Fowler and Armstrong can replace Gregory's production.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cowboys are allergic to safeties
True, although Quinn is slowly changing that. Kearse and Hooker are not horrible. The one I am interested in now is Markquese Bell. I really thought he would be drafted. He is fast and tackles well. Likely a special teams impact player

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, although Quinn is slowly changing that. Kearse and Hooker are not horrible. The one I am interested in now is Markquese Bell. I really thought he would be drafted. He is fast and tackles well. Likely a special teams impact player
Donavan Wilson is a good S too, to bad he's as fragile as Lee.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly. only thing different was the Cowboys wanted him to be held responsible for any misdeeds (drugs: marijuana) and Denver didn't
I liked Gregory,but not as much as Denver did. When I first read Dallas signed Gregory I thought they overpaid. Then 2 hours later I hear he went to Denver . That contract is too much money for his 16 career sacks and he rarely played. Always hurt and or suspended.

I think D William's can get more than the 6 sacks Gregory got. .

Connor William's is no big loss neither. Smith will start and Dak won't be getting pressured as much. Smith is huge and he will help the run game. Collins is another one that always hurt or suspended. So I don't get the "experts" saying the Cowboys regressed in some huge way. Losing Amari was a blow,but I think Tolbert is the real deal and I like that TE from Wisconsin. Cowboys probably win 9-11 games and probably make the playoffs

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Gregory, but not as much as Denver did. When I first read Dallas signed Gregory I thought they overpaid. Then 2 hours later I hear he went to Denver . That contract is too much money for his 16 career sacks and he rarely played. Always hurt and or suspended.

I think D William's can get more than the 6 sacks Gregory got. .

Connor William's is no big loss neither. Smith will start and Dak won't be getting pressured as much. Smith is huge and he will help the run game. Collins is another one that always hurt or suspended. So I don't get the "experts" saying the Cowboys regressed in some huge way. Losing Amari was a blow,but I think Tolbert is the real deal and I like that TE from Wisconsin. Cowboys probably win 9-11 games and probably make the playoffs
I think the regression was not due to losing those two along the Oline but rather realizing our line was not going to be back to that elite level, no matter if those two stayed or we got two new ones to take their place. I can't say if that is what is felt by the pundits and talking heads or if they assume Collins was still 2017-18 Collins and our line was still considered one of the best in their eyes.

We may get back to running the ball better, but long gone are the days we have Tyron getting out on the edge and running downfield. I don't see Steele doing well hitting a moving target either. Hopefully the new Smith can pull and throw guys to the ground without holding in space. Pass pro is not going to be better until the new Smith learns to get his hands inside. The first few games this year are going to be ugly. Flags are inevitable.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the regression was not due to losing those two along the Oline but rather realizing our line was not going to be back to that elite level, no matter if those two stayed or we got two new ones to take their place. I can't say if that is what is felt by the pundits and talking heads or if they assume Collins was still 2017-18 Collins and our line was still considered one of the best in their eyes.

We may get back to running the ball better, but long gone are the days we have Tyron getting out on the edge and running downfield. I don't see Steele doing well hitting a moving target either. Hopefully the new Smith can pull and throw guys to the ground without holding in space. Pass pro is not going to be better until the new Smith learns to get his hands inside. The first few games this year are going to be ugly. Flags are inevitable.
you are right about new smith. Hopefully he will learn once he gets flagged in practice. That stuff he got away with in College won't work in the NFL. Especially playing for the Cowboys.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still holding out hope for an impact free agent signing or two. Again this team doesn't understand the need to add outside talent to an average roster and this year an average roster that lost multiple starters. Our prized free agent of this offseason: 1 year $3M to Fowler. You just can't keep running the same guys out there and expect to win solely by adding draft picks

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still holding out hope for an impact free agent signing or two. Again this team doesn't understand the need to add outside talent to an average roster and this year an average roster that lost multiple starters. Our prized free agent of this offseason: 1 year $3M to Fowler. You just can't keep running the same guys out there and expect to win solely by adding draft picks
This could be a transitional season. I think there is some good players still on the roster. The depth though is not great especially at DT. There is a lack of talent at DT. Possibly Bohanna and Ridgeway can develop,but I don't know if they will

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an unsubstantiated trade idea, id be happy with.
Trysten Hill for Nkeal Harry.

Neither player has panned out with the team that drafted them. Maybe they both play better elsewhere.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an unsubstantiated trade idea, id be happy with.
Trysten Hill for Nkeal Harry.

Neither player has panned out with the team that drafted them. Maybe they both play better elsewhere.

I saw that and got a chuckle out of it. No one is trading for Trysten Hill IMO. But then again, there are still websites out there selling the narrative that Hill was good in 2020. Some of these trade articles are pretty far out there.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that and got a chuckle out of it. No one is trading for Trysten Hill IMO. But then again, there are still websites out there selling the narrative that Hill was good in 2020. Some of these trade articles are pretty far out there.
I agree no one is trading for Hill, but then who will trade for Harry?

I'll admit, i haven't seen to much of Harry, but from what I saw he's no better at WR than Hill is at DT.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone is seriously overestimating his worth if he believes he is going to get David Njoku money...

3 absolutely ridiculous overpay contracts this year and 2 of them were by Cleveland. yet people are pretending the Cleveland front office is good now. The other was the Kirk contract. You screw the whole league when you do stupid things like that And you set your team back years if they backfire like they probably will