• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Offseason... FA, Draft, Staff, Camps, Etc

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the man heal. If he was a wide receiver everyones clamoring to give him a year.
I hope he bounces back. But if he does, then he’s going to be an attractive fish in FA next year.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he bounces back. But if he does, then he’s going to be an attractive fish in FA next year.
Absolutely. Im the same way. Honestly. Some of it was probably injury, some wasnt. He should of been somewhat better than he was. If he wasnt they should have not been playing him. So its on him, and the staff. However, its completely conceivable he was truly hampered. So lets see. Everyone thinks “modern medicine”…it doesnt work quite like schefter et al tells everyone. What worries me is some of the backlash over his online comments, cam calling him out, and the just bashing of him this season. If he even mildly is better, is he gonna wanna stay here?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. Im the same way. Honestly. Some of it was probably injury, some wasnt. He should of been somewhat better than he was. If he wasnt they should have not been playing him. So its on him, and the staff. However, its completely conceivable he was truly hampered. So lets see. Everyone thinks “modern medicine”…it doesnt work quite like schefter et al tells everyone. What worries me is some of the backlash over his online comments, cam calling him out, and the just bashing of him this season. If he even mildly is better, is he gonna wanna stay here?
Great point. Steelers Nation specifically has been very hard on him. Not much of a chance he feels welcome here anymore. But you watch… all those naysayers are going to be begging for the team to resign him if he plays well.

I could see him going to the Bengals next year to slight the Steelers lol

Looking forward to seeing him vs Najee in TC this year

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point. Steelers Nation specifically has been very hard on him. Not much of a chance he feels welcome here anymore. But you watch… all those naysayers are going to be begging for the team to resign him if he plays well.

I could see him going to the Bengals next year to slight the Steelers lol

Looking forward to seeing him vs Najee in TC this year
Steelers fans are two faced as can be. So yes, they will be slamming the table to pay up. Bengals have the cap space I think, but skill guys to pay. Heck anyone in our division. Its a heck of a division. Hopefully him vs najee is something special, not najee bulldozer.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to read too far into this because it sounds like he's simply "throwing out numbers" in reference to draft day trades... But he hasn't typically gone into this level of detail before. Not even before moving up to draft Devin Bush... IIRC they simply referenced the willingness to move up. I didn't catch the question to this answer, so its possible he is simply being asked more direct questions about moving up/down.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ What is Omar Epps doing at a Colbert presser?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The closer you get to the date of the draft, the more likely any news you hear is bullshit.

The last couple days are:
shit-crap.gif

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The closer you get to the date of the draft, the more likely any news you hear is bullshit.

The last couple days are:
shit-crap.gif
The only item I hope holds true is the tweet above stating they will take the best player available and will not reach.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only item I hope holds true is the tweet above stating they will take the best player available and will not reach.
Well, that's never been true. They have always used their 1st round pick on a position of need. Sometimes, they get spooked by a target getting taken right before them and reeeeeach for an Artie Burns.

If they wait to 20, the BPA is most likely going to be Zion or Kenyon. And I don't see them taking either of them at this point.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's never been true. They have always used their 1st round pick on a position of need. Sometimes, they get spooked by a target getting taken right before them and reeeeeach for an Artie Burns.

If they wait to 20, the BPA is most likely going to be Zion or Kenyon. And I don't see them taking either of them at this point.
Terrell Edmunds Football GIF by Pittsburgh Steelers
He agrees

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dulac pre-draft chat.

Some excerpts that should be interesting.

Mike from D.C.: Hey Gerry, it seems Ray & BB have changed course to thinking the Steelers will pick a qb. Do you share this sentiment?
Gerry Dulac: I've said all along it wouldn't shock me if the Steelers draft a QB No. 1 after all the time they invested in scouting these quarterback prospects. And their preference is Malik Willis. The best thing that can happen is if Willis is already off the board at 20. Then that can draft what they really need.

E. López: What would surprise you to see tomorrow in the first round?
Gerry Dulac: If the Steelers drafted a quarterback. Not because they did, but because they ignored what they really need. And I think we all know what that is.

Guest: you still holding strong pittsburgh isn’t going QB in the first round after Tomlin and Colbert’s most recent pre draft press conference? They’re all in on Willis in my opinion which I’m all for!
Gerry Dulac: You are in the minority with your opinion, but that's OK. I never said they're not going QB. What I said is they are wasting a No. 1 pick if they go QB. They've spent too much time scouting and evaluating the QBs to think they wouldn't take one. But they will take one. It just might not be in the first round.

Gerry Dulac: Where I agree with you is two defensive linemen in the first four picks, though not necessarily those two

Guest: What is the latest round you think Pittsburgh takes a WR?
Gerry Dulac: Second at the VERY latest

Greg: Is there a wide receiver you believe the Steelers would choose over Jordan Davis if both are available at 20? And do you believe the Steelers would choose Davis over all of the quarterbacks, if he is available. I think he and Stingley are the “dream options” if available.
Gerry Dulac: To your first question, no. And to your second question -- they should. They REALLY like Jordan Davis. Of course, what's not to like

John P: My GM mind is telling me that we are going to move up to get a QB. I'm not liking that feeling. I don't see a QB in this draft worth jumping up and giving up assets for more of a miss than a hit at that position. Thoughts...
Gerry Dulac: There is no QB in this draft who would require a move up to select. Maybe a move down...way down. Anyone who does that, the owner should immediately fire the GM and/or coach.

Daquido Bazzini: we are hearing that DL Devonte Wyatt had an off the field issue at Georgia. Coupling that with the fact he’s 24, do the Steelers lay off in the 1st round?
Gerry Dulac: That issue involved kicking and damaging a girlfriend's dorm-room door. Never touched her, never harmed her. He was cleared of those charges. I'm not defending him, just telling you. As for his age, did you know Kenny Pickett will be 24 in June?

Marnie: Hi Gerry - who is your guess the Steelers will select this year? Agree with your colleague Ray on Ridder at # 20, or do they pick Wyatt or Davis (DL), whichever is available at # 20. Or do you think someone else?
Gerry Dulac: Ridder is a second-round pick at best. Let me tell you, if Jordan Davis is there at 20, and I'm not sure he will be, I think the Steelers will set a 40-yard dash record running their pick to the podium.

Guest: Consensus seems to be QB in round 1. Which prospects have you heard they’ll take over a QB at 20?
Gerry Dulac: Only one -- JD. And it won't just be a quarterback. It will only be one specific QB

Dennis in North Carolina: Jerry, it's the day before the draft. Are teams already jockeying with other teams that they may potentially trade with to move up or back with now? I ask because I think the Steelers may need to move up if they want someone like Davis if they feel he won't make it to them at 20. Thanks!
Gerry Dulac: Finally, someone....bingo!!

KJ: Given the Steelers history of drafting players from South Bend, how much on their radar is S Kyle Hamilton? Does he appear to have a higher ceiling than Edmonds?
Gerry Dulac: Absolutely. They really like Hamilton. Big-time impact player. They just think he will be long off the board when they pick

Gene: Do you think OL is still a possibility in RD1?
Gerry Dulac: Nope. Not after the money they spent and moves they made in free agency. That's why they made them -- to lessen the urgency to take an OL high in the draft. But there are a couple good OTs.

Reserve Run: Do the Steelers regret passing on Creed Humphrey last year in the 2nd round? Would they consider Linderbaum at 20 this year?
Gerry Dulac: Hey, every coach/GM/team can have regrets after every draft. You can't everybody you like. But they will not consider Linderbaum at 20, nor should they.

California Rob: Gerry what is your dream scenario for rounds 1 and 2? What specific players?
Gerry Dulac: Davis-Dotson

Double T: If you were Colbert what position you see as the most important to pick?
Gerry Dulac: I don't need to be Colbert to do that -- DT or WR

d48aacdb727b0aaf15fbab89d4723a40.gif
davis.jpg
d48aacdb727b0aaf15fbab89d4723a40.gif

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positive thinking. We're good enough people / team, we deserve Jordan Davis.
Just watching the NFL network mock and they have the Steelers taking Devonte Wyatt since Davis was drafted.