• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NE Patriots Roster

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big guy and a real bruiser with a real contested catch resume and decent YAC stats.

4.75 40 time isn't going to scare anyone.
May be a camp body, but I do see him as an upgrade over Harry.

He may even become the new greatest blocking WR ever, but with YAB (yards after block) as a bonus.
Basically what I was thinking. Big slot guy. Almost a TE hybrid. Does BB bring back the (I shudder to say his name) AH H-Back formation since we got rid of the FB.
Really like him. Thought it would be great to have him on the team when the Pats play in Germany.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with everything. Lots and lots of busts over the years for many teams.

But this one is a hard pill to swallow. All those receivers after Harry playing well.

Not blaming just hating it. What could've been.
Agreed.

Harry's problem was that he was bigger and stronger than most of the DBs he played against in college. Bill ignored his opposition and believed that Harry's game could translate to the NFL. Problem after the draft is that Harry didn't have the attitude or desire to make himself better and staying where he is/was places him where he is today. An outcast among Patriot fans and another huge first round mistake by the greatest NFL coach in history.

No one is 100% perfect. Bill is just a bigger/better target, even for us.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big guy and a real bruiser with a real contested catch resume and decent YAC stats.

4.75 40 time isn't going to scare anyone.
May be a camp body, but I do see him as an upgrade over Harry.

He may even become the new greatest blocking WR ever, but with YAB (yards after block) as a bonus.
He's going to replace two pieces of dead meat. N'Keal Harry and Dalton Keene. He'll catch more passes in the preseason that both combined in their careers. He has all of the tools to be Mac's safety relief valve, especially on third down.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Harry's problem was that he was bigger and stronger than most of the DBs he played against in college. Bill ignored his opposition and believed that Harry's game could translate to the NFL. Problem after the draft is that Harry didn't have the attitude or desire to make himself better and staying where he is/was places him where he is today. An outcast among Patriot fans and another huge first round mistake by the greatest NFL coach in history.

No one is 100% perfect. Bill is just a bigger/better target, even for us.
I felt his problems were shitty route running and catching with the body and not the hands.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt his problems were shitty route running and catching with the body and not the hands.
No question. But his lack of self improvement and lack of desire to improve made things worse.

Perfect examples was that he was always a no-show at voluntary camps. Then he couldn't understand why Brady never threw at him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question. But his lack of self improvement and lack of desire to improve made things worse.

Perfect examples was that he was always a no-show at voluntary camps. Then he couldn't understand why Brady never threw at him.
Agreed. He seems to lack the desire to be the best he could be.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Patriots announced that they have signed restricted free agent WR Jakobi Meyers, WR Lil'Jordan Humphrey and 2022 fourth-round draft pick RB Pierre Strong Jr. Terms of the contracts were not announced.
2021_headshots_recropped__0030_Meyers_Jakobi_2021

Jakobi Meyers​

#16 WR
  • Height: 6-2
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • College: North Carolina State

Meyers, 25, is a veteran of three seasons with New England after joining the team as a rookie free agent out of North Carolina State on May 2, 2019. The 6-foot-2, 200-pounder has played in 46 regular season games with 26 starts and has registered 168 receptions for 1,954 yards and two touchdowns, three 2-point plays, four pass completions, including two for touchdowns, and one punt return for seven yards. He has also started in one postseason game and accumulated six receptions for 40 yards.
Last season, Meyers played in all 17 games with 16 starts and led the team with 83 receptions for 866 yards with two touchdowns. He also completed two passes for 45 yards.
This is a 2022 photo of Lil'Jordan Humphrey of the New England Patriots NFL football team. This image reflects the Patriots active roster as of June 6, 2022 when this image was taken. (AP Photo)

Lil'Jordan Humphrey​

#- WR
  • Height: 6-4
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • College: Texas

Humphrey, 24, played in 18 games with six starts for the New Orleans Saints over the last three seasons after originally joining the team as a rookie free agent out of Texas on May 10, 2019. The 6-foot-4, 225-pounder has accumulated 16 receptions for 295 yards and three touchdowns. He has also played in two postseason games with one reception for 14 yards. Humphrey rotated between the practice squad and active roster over his first two seasons and then played in 10 games with four starts in 2021, finishing with 13 receptions for 249 yards and two touchdowns.
headshots-2022-forbio-recropped-_Strong_Pierre

Pierre Strong Jr.​

#54 RB
  • Height: 5-11
  • Weight: 205 lbs
  • College: South Dakota State

Strong, 23, was selected by the Patriots in the fourth round of the 2022 NFL Draft with the 127th overall pick out of South Dakota State. The 5-foot-11, 205-pounder finished his career ranked third in school history with 4,527 rushing yards. He topped the 100-yard mark in 18 career games and had two 200-yard rushing games. Strong reached 1,000 yards rushing in three of his four seasons.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Patriots announced that they have signed restricted free agent WR Jakobi Meyers, WR Lil'Jordan Humphrey and 2022 fourth-round draft pick RB Pierre Strong Jr. Terms of the contracts were not announced.

Meyers, 25, is a veteran of three seasons with New England after joining the team as a rookie free agent out of North Carolina State on May 2, 2019. The 6-foot-2, 200-pounder has played in 46 regular season games with 26 starts and has registered 168 receptions for 1,954 yards and two touchdowns, three 2-point plays, four pass completions, including two for touchdowns, and one punt return for seven yards. He has also started in one postseason game and accumulated six receptions for 40 yards.
Last season, Meyers played in all 17 games with 16 starts and led the team with 83 receptions for 866 yards with two touchdowns. He also completed two passes for 45 yards.

Rookie free agent that doesn't have all the physical tools just signed a second contract because he has that winners drive.
First round pick gifted with all the tools, (Size, speed, hands, athleticism) soon to be cut because he does not.

Hard work beats talent every time if talent does not work hard.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie free agent that doesn't have all the physical tools just signed a second contract because he has that winners drive.
First round pick gifted with all the tools, (Size, speed, hands, athleticism) soon to be cut because he does not.

Hard work beats talent every time if talent does not work.
FIFY

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021_headshots_recropped__0030_Meyers_Jakobi_2021

Jakobi Meyers

#16 WR
This is a 2022 photo of Lil'Jordan Humphrey of the New England Patriots NFL football team. This image reflects the Patriots active roster as of June 6, 2022 when this image was taken. (AP Photo)'Jordan Humphrey of the New England Patriots NFL football team. This image reflects the Patriots active roster as of June 6, 2022 when this image was taken. (AP Photo)

Lil'Jordan Humphrey

#- WR
Humphrey, 24, played in 18 games with six starts for the New Orleans Saints over the last three seasons after originally joining the team as a rookie free agent out of Texas on May 10, 2019. The 6-foot-4, 225-pounder has accumulated 16 receptions for 295 yards and three touchdowns. He has also played in two postseason games with one reception for 14 yards. Humphrey rotated between the practice squad and active roster over his first two seasons and then played in 10 games with four starts in 2021, finishing with 13 receptions for 249 yards and two touchdowns.
headshots-2022-forbio-recropped-_Strong_Pierre

Pierre Strong Jr.

#54 RB
Strong, 23, was selected by the Patriots in the fourth round of the 2022 NFL Draft with the 127th overall pick out of South Dakota State. The 5-foot-11, 205-pounder finished his career ranked third in school history with 4,527 rushing yards. He topped the 100-yard mark in 18 career games and had two 200-yard rushing games. Strong reached 1,000 yards rushing in three of his four seasons.
I have high hope for Strong this is my Rookie to watch

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Andrews re-did his contract Saturday and helped BB open $2.5M in cap space.

Sunday afternoon the Patriots announced that the entire draft has been signed to contracts.

For those who care.......Cole Strange has just about been living with the training staff at Gillette.

As things are right now the OL will be:

LT Trent Brown
LG Cole Srange
C Dave Andrews
RG Mike Owenue
RT Justin Herron

According to the reports after mini camp, the starting WR group:

LWR Devonte Parker #2 Tyquan Thorton
RWR Kendrick Bourne #2 Nelson Agholor
SWR Jackobi Meyers #2 Ty Montgomery

Here's the question of the day. Is it smart to have the 5th WR on your team being paid $15M? Especially when #7 (Tre Nixon) was #1 in mini camp.
And Kristian Wilkerson and Malcom Perry made huge impacts as well. Won't even mention N'Keal Harry.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Andrews re-did his contract Saturday and helped BB open $2.5M in cap space.

Sunday afternoon the Patriots announced that the entire draft has been signed to contracts.

For those who care.......Cole Strange has just about been living with the training staff at Gillette.

LT Trent Brown
LG Cole Srange
C Dave Andrews
RG Mike Owenue
RT Justin Herron

Here's the question of the day. Is it smart to have the 5th WR on your team being paid $15M? Especially when #7 (Tre Nixon) was #1 in mini camp.
And Kristian Wilkerson and Malcom Perry made huge impacts as well. Won't even mention N'Keal Harry.
No it's not smart. But it takes two to dance. I don't think there is a market out there for him. If NE could get someone to take 1/2 that contract they should jump.

Not wishing but accidents do happen. Maybe a LV WR gets hurt and Josh takes him? One can hope.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LT Trent Brown
LG Cole Srange
C Dave Andrews
RG Mike Owenue
RT Justin Herron
bstandard 1st year

Sometimes when you evaluate a player and sign him for 2 years, you let it play out after substaour patiencendard 1st year. (sometimes not)
I think Jonnu Smith will reward us for our patience. Not sure Agholor will.......

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes when you evaluate a player and sign him for 2 years, you let it play out after substaour patiencendard 1st year. (sometimes not)
I think Jonnu Smith will reward us for our patience. Not sure Agholor will.......
Agholor will unfortunately continue to disappoint like he always has. He's never lived up to his potential. His career catch% is below 60. It's like he lacks concentration.

Smith at least catches the ball at a clip right aroun 70% of the time.

Strange he and Agoholor had their best years in 2020 with 8 TDs and just over 800yds IIRC.

I think we might see Smith in more of an H back style role this season? Maybe he can get more looks and touches that way? We have Henry and a crowded WR room, along with a very capable stable of RBs. Going to be hard to get a lot of touches on this squad.

Not sure I'd want anyone but Mac or Damien Harris on my FF team.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agholor will unfortunately continue to disappoint like he always has. He's never lived up to his potential. His career catch% is below 60. It's like he lacks concentration.

Smith at least catches the ball at a clip right aroun 70% of the time.

Strange he and Agoholor had their best years in 2020 with 8 TDs and just over 800yds IIRC.

I think we might see Smith in more of an H back style role this season? Maybe he can get more looks and touches that way? We have Henry and a crowded WR room, along with a very capable stable of RBs. Going to be hard to get a lot of touches on this squad.

Not sure I'd want anyone but Mac or Damien Harris on my FF team.
A catch % under .60 is common - and common to some good receivers.
Stats don't tell you the whole story.

I have not been happy with Agholor's performance but stats are not the reason.
I don't have a fantasy football team. Most of my fantasies involve women.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A catch % under .60 is common - and common to some good receivers.
Stats don't tell you the whole story.

I have not been happy with Agholor's performance but stats are not the reason.
I don't have a fantasy football team. Most of my fantasies involve women.....
I have always stated this. People post stats as if they are fact, they are not fact they are stats and can be manipulated to support any argument. Take passing yards this one always kills me. A one yard pass to a slot receiver who runs 50 yards before being tackled turns into a 51 yard pass. That shit is dumb

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always stated this. People post stats as if they are fact, they are not fact they are stats and can be manipulated to support any argument. Take passing yards this one always kills me. A one yard pass to a slot receiver who runs 50 yards before being tackled turns into a 51 yard pass. That shit is dumb
But stats can be used to paint a picture. They're not the be all end all but there is merit in most stats. Agree with the pass yard formula but it is what it is.

In the case of Agoholor he's flat out dropped many easy balls in Phi, LV and NE. That's the eye test that the stats can back up and vice versa.