• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NE Patriots Roster

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have I ever failed?
Oh, hell yes.
Give up?
Yah...no. Giving up is not a factor in my game.

Ever run a half marathon on bad knees? I may not win, but I wont be beat.

I don't care if I am playing Pictionary, I will not go down without a fight.
No I never ran a half-marathon - only full marathons!
We have "talked" before about the mental aspect

I had a dream last night that included a young man inquiring if he had what it takes to make it in pro sports.
I was stuck with wanting to encourage but recognizing what it takes to make it.
You must eat breathe and bleed competition......

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I never ran a half-marathon - only full marathons!
We have "talked" before about the mental aspect

I had a dream last night that included a young man inquiring if he had what it takes to make it in pro sports.
I was stuck with wanting to encourage but recognizing what it takes to make it.
You must eat breathe and bleed competition......
This is true of a lot of things. I read an article one time about Stevie Ray Vaughn it quoted people as saying once he picked up a guitar it never left his hands. He practiced daily for hours and hours and in the end and in my opinion he became the greatest guitarist of all time.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you must be a really sensitive dude. That is clearly opinion not pointed at any one person.
I must be sensitive? That's what you get out of that?

A poster made a comment and your reply is "And I think that is a rash of shit."

You clearly aimed it at someone.

But then again...People choose to post comments in a self righteous manner then when called out on their inabilities to see the fault in their opinions, look to shift the responsibilities of their decisions.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must be sensitive? That's what you get out of that?

A poster made a comment and your reply is "And I think that is a rash of shit."

You clearly aimed it at someone.

But then again...People choose to post comments in a self righteous manner then when called out on their inabilities to see the fault in their opinions, look to shift the responsibilities of their decisions.
No I did not aim it at anyone. The context of the conversation was about alcoholism in general not about one person, hence the word People and not Person. It was a general conversation about a situation the effects a lot of people. The comment itself " I think that is a rash of shit " is obviously me expressing my opinion it did not then and does not now address any specific person.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I did not aim it at anyone. The context of the conversation was about alcoholism in general not about one person, hence the word People and not Person. It was a general conversation about a situation the effects a lot of people. The comment itself " I think that is a rash of shit " is obviously me expressing my opinion it did not then and does not now address any specific person.
All good!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, since we have finally dropped the argument about alcoholism, I will add my 2 cents.

We try to go black and white in a very grey situation.
Calling a habit or addiction a disease is often a bunch of shit! - but it is not always.
Some people truly cannot help themselves. Very sad to see but even worse when they can but choose not to!
I'm rarely comfortable with the designation of "disease"
It is in fact an addiction - an addiction that may or may not be able to be controlled.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, since we have finally dropped the argument about alcoholism, I will add my 2 cents.

Calling a habit or addiction a disease is often a bunch of shit! - but it is not always.
Some people truly cannot help themselves. Very sad to see but even worse when they can but choose not to!
It is in fact an addiction - an addiction that may or may not be able to be controlled.....
My main point in all this was people are addicted nor does it become a disease at first try. That's the choice you make that puts you at the next level. Personal example Jameson has a new blend at least new to my area Jameson Black Barrel it's really good. I told the wife I like that way to much to keep in the house. B-day, and Fathers Day only.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's this waitress at a watering hole I frequent. She's a little off her rocker but she's cool just the same. We got to talking and she's an addict. She says if she has one sip of a drink she'll be divorced and sucking cock for money in a matter of days. She's quite literally horrified of drugs and alcohol. She's one of those ones where I'd say it's truly a disease.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's this waitress at a watering hole I frequent. She's a little off her rocker but she's cool just the same. We got to talking and she's an addict. She says if she has one sip of a drink she'll be divorced and sucking cock for money in a matter of days. She's quite literally horrified of drugs and alcohol. She's one of those ones where I'd say it's truly a disease.
I'm buying that chick a drink right now.

I can agree with addiction I struggle with the term disease. That's me though

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me help (probably not :) ). "Excessive drinking can cause physical disease and involve physical dependence without therefore being a disease itself." I agree with your take throughout this thread. It's an addiction and often those with it aren't willing to do what it takes (or anything at all) to combat it.

I've shared this before. About seven years ago I woke up one morning and decided to make changes. I gave up anything wheat related, not because of gluten, but because of the simple starches. I'm not sure how long that lasted but I immediately (like in a week) lost 10 pounds I wasn't trying to lose and had the surprising side affect of losing my desire for alcohol. That doesn't mean I don't like it at all, just that it never calls me (like on that Friday night after a long week, or the high from having that Jameson Black barrel on a day it's well earned).

I believe there's a physical connection between hunger sensors and happy sensors (dopamine maybe?) that triggers some to want the caloric properties of alcohol to stimulate the happy high. I've read a yeast monster call candida can live in your system and control the appetite and steer it towards yeast related items like alcohol and highly bread related junk food.

Bottom line, we as people are smart and able to recognize our problems and seek assistance. Not everyone is strong enough to do so.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me help (probably not :) ). "Excessive drinking can cause physical disease and involve physical dependence without therefore being a disease itself." I agree with your take throughout this thread. It's an addiction and often those with it aren't willing to do what it takes (or anything at all) to combat it.

I've shared this before. About seven years ago I woke up one morning and decided to make changes. I gave up anything wheat related, not because of gluten, but because of the simple starches. I'm not sure how long that lasted but I immediately (like in a week) lost 10 pounds I wasn't trying to lose and had the surprising side affect of losing my desire for alcohol. That doesn't mean I don't like it at all, just that it never calls me (like on that Friday night after a long week, or the high from having that Jameson Black barrel on a day it's well earned).

I believe there's a physical connection between hunger sensors and happy sensors (dopamine maybe?) that triggers some to want the caloric properties of alcohol to stimulate the happy high. I've read a yeast monster call candida can live in your system and control the appetite and steer it towards yeast related items like alcohol and highly bread related junk food.

Bottom line, we as people are smart and able to recognize our problems and seek assistance. Not everyone is strong enough to do so.
I have doctor diagnosed candidiasis. Not only do I "need" the yeast, I am "addicted" to beans and other carbs.
When dieting, I must give up alcohol. I find that easier than giving up the carbs!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm buying that chick a drink right now.

I guess I read you wrong, I thought you were disputing the addiction.
My bad.

Yes, I struggle with the term disease as well.

Only because a disease, like the flu, has a virus that can be traced too. Cancer is a disease that rapidly reproducing cells can be traced to. Even High Blood Pressure has a measurement, measurable plaque in the arteries.

Addiction? Events and actions.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be NE has found a potential suitor for Harry but they might have to throw in a Meyer or Nixon type?

Lots of WRs in an area that was a weak spot. Plus very little cap.

Hmmmm

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be NE has found a potential suitor for Harry but they might have to throw in a Meyer or Nixon type?

Lots of WRs in an area that was a weak spot. Plus very little cap.

Hmmmm
At this point if we get a 7th I would be happy.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point if we get a 7th I would be happy.
I hear you, but if someone would just take him at this point I'd be ok. Still kills me we could've had Debo, AJ Brown, Mecole Hardman, DK Metcalf, Dioante Johnson or Terry McLaurin. Hell even the 5th rounders like Renfrow or Darius Slayton. We wasted a 1st on this underachieving POS.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We wasted a 1st on this underachieving POS.
The draft is a crap shoot. Remember, 31 teams passed on Metcalf because they thought that he was "overbuilt" to play WR in the NFL. 31 teams passed on 198 opportunities to take Tom Brady.

In the past 10 years, 320 players were selected in the first round of the NFL Draft. 28.3% couldn't stick with their team. Only 6 of every 10 actually start. Of the 32 guys picked in the first, every one of them is guaranteed a four year contract with a team fifth year option.

Harry was a huge miss. Then on the other end, BB picks up UDFAs like Malcolm Butler and JC Jackson that were totally ignored. Bill has never draft WRs well at all, especially in the early rounds of the draft. Taking a slug like Harry makes him even less confident in his selection. If Thorton doesn't cut it, he'll most likely never draft another one before the fifth round.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE adding another tall WR to the mix. Thoughts?

Big guy and a real bruiser with a real contested catch resume and decent YAC stats.

4.75 40 time isn't going to scare anyone.
May be a camp body, but I do see him as an upgrade over Harry.

He may even become the new greatest blocking WR ever, but with YAB (yards after block) as a bonus.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft is a crap shoot. Remember, 31 teams passed on Metcalf because they thought that he was "overbuilt" to play WR in the NFL. 31 teams passed on 198 opportunities to take Tom Brady.

In the past 10 years, 320 players were selected in the first round of the NFL Draft. 28.3% couldn't stick with their team. Only 6 of every 10 actually start. Of the 32 guys picked in the first, every one of them is guaranteed a four year contract with a team fifth year option.

Harry was a huge miss. Then on the other end, BB picks up UDFAs like Malcolm Butler and JC Jackson that were totally ignored. Bill has never draft WRs well at all, especially in the early rounds of the draft. Taking a slug like Harry makes him even less confident in his selection. If Thorton doesn't cut it, he'll most likely never draft another one before the fifth round.
Agree with everything. Lots and lots of busts over the years for many teams.

But this one is a hard pill to swallow. All those receivers after Harry playing well.

Not blaming just hating it. What could've been.