• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NE Patriots Roster

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But stats can be used to paint a picture. They're not the be all end all but there is merit in most stats. Agree with the pass yard formula but it is what it is.

In the case of Agoholor he's flat out dropped many easy balls in Phi, LV and NE. That's the eye test that the stats can back up and vice versa.
I don't disagree but sometime you have to think three drops may be worth one 80 yard TD catch

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree but sometime you have to think three drops may be worth one 80 yard TD catch
Besides, Agoholor averages 4 TDs a year. He's over rated and drops too many balls. Can't pay a guy that kind of money for 2-3 big plays a year.

I said when NE picked him up. He'll make big plays that make you go wow! But he'll also drop ones when he's wide open. Leaving you like damn!

Still waiting on his wow plays.

Sorry but someone take half his salary and be done with him.

I hope he proves me wrong by the media reports and his interviews. But after 7 years in the league he is what he is and probably getting to be a step slower.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, Agoholor averages 4 TDs a year. He's over rated and drops too many balls. Can't pay a guy that kind of money for 2-3 big plays a year.

I said when NE picked him up. He'll make big plays that make you go wow! But he'll also drop ones when he's wide open. Leaving you like damn!

Still waiting on his wow plays.

Sorry but someone take half his salary and be done with him.

I hope he proves me wrong by the media reports and his interviews. But after 7 years in the league he is what he is and probably getting to be a step slower.
Issue is our WR Corps sucked and we had a rookie QB. I agree with lets wait and see this year

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Issue is our WR Corps sucked and we had a rookie QB. I agree with lets wait and see this year
Let's hope Agoholor has a break out season. I'd be happy if we could get 8 TDs out of him. I just don't see it happening on this squad. He couldn't do better than that in LV with lesser talent on his roster with seasoned QBs.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But stats can be used to paint a picture. They're not the be all end all but there is merit in most stats. Agree with the pass yard formula but it is what it is.

In the case of Agoholor he's flat out dropped many easy balls in Phi, LV and NE. That's the eye test that the stats can back up and vice versa.
Oh I agree they are a measure just not a measure anyone should present as fact because they are so easily manipulated. They are a guide not a know all be all.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree they are a measure just not a measure anyone should present as fact because they are so easily manipulated. They are a guide not a know all be all.
Here's the thing about using stats to evaluate players: When a player "scores poorly" in key metrics, you then need to look at what stats may make that player look good. In baseball, a high strikeout rate is a bad stat, but near the top of the league for RBIs would be a better indicator of a player's value. Of course not putting a ball in play can stunt the team (players aren't moving up bases) but at times not be bad (strikeout is better than hitting into a double play).

But for Nelson, what stat makes him look good?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't use stats to measure a players ability what do we use?

Stats are facts. That is not debatable.

Now how they're presented, or omitted from certain conversation definetely warrants merit.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't use stats to measure a players ability what do we use?

Stats are facts. That is not debatable.

Now how they're presented, or omitted from certain conversation definetely warrants merit.
Game film and game play?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A one yard pass to a slot receiver who runs 50 yards before being tackled turns into a 51 yard pass. That shit is dumb

I never understood this and never will. If they absolutely must have stats then the QB should get a one yard pass and the receiver should get a one yard catch and a 50 yard run after catch.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood this and never will. If they absolutely must have stats then the QB should get a one yard pass and the receiver should get a one yard catch and a 50 yard run after catch.
Yes Sir. And seeing as when they draft a WR and know his catch radius they should be able to determine a dropped pass vs and incomplete pass

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YAC is a stat for the WR.
Yes, QB gets credit for the WR's ability to change direction, stay on his feet, accelerate away from defenders, etc.
But also, the WR gets credit for the QB's ability to find the open man.
CB's get credit for DL's crushing the pocket and forcing an early throw.
RB's get credit for OL opening huge holes.
Etc...etc...etc...
If it can't be measured somehow, it's only an opinion. Stats are a culmination of measurements.
But stats can always be twisted to show a different story, which is why sports mathematicians are always trying to come up with new, more accurate stats such as Contested Catches vs just catches.

Does this count as a "contested catch"?

1656530449254.png

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep but STATS are the least important factor IMO. It's like asking okay don't we get water from O2
Well, to me and many others I'm guessing. Without stats sports would be quite boring?

No more tracking HRs.

No more tracking 3 pointers.

No more tracking goals.

No more tracking TDs.

No more tournament wins.

Just watch every game and the eye test and memory should be a better indicator.

Can we just agree stats are important? They for the most part have a definite criteria which makes then virtually non-debatable.

Am I a fan of all the next gen stats and such? By no means. But it is part of the OH in H2O.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to me and many others I'm guessing. Without stats sports would be quite boring?

No more tracking HRs.

No more tracking 3 pointers.

No more tracking goals.

No more tracking TDs.

No more tournament wins.

Just watch every game and the eye test and memory should be a better indicator.

Can we just agree stats are important? They for the most part have a definite criteria which makes then virtually non-debatable.

Am I a fan of all the next gen stats and such? By no means. But it is part of the OH in H2O.
Yeah I am not trying to imply for the fan they are not fun, more that to a team needs they might not be as useful as film

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I am not trying to imply for the fan they are not fun, more that to a team needs they might not be as useful as film
True, I'm sure a team uses film. It's not about what you've done when it comes to the team. Well until it's time for a new contract.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YAC is a stat for the WR.
Yes, QB gets credit for the WR's ability to change direction, stay on his feet, accelerate away from defenders, etc.
But also, the WR gets credit for the QB's ability to find the open man.
CB's get credit for DL's crushing the pocket and forcing an early throw.
RB's get credit for OL opening huge holes.
Etc...etc...etc...
If it can't be measured somehow, it's only an opinion. Stats are a culmination of measurements.
But stats can always be twisted to show a different story, which is why sports mathematicians are always trying to come up with new, more accurate stats such as Contested Catches vs just catches.

Does this count as a "contested catch"?

View attachment 300611
Stats are not the problem. Conclusions drawn from stats are the problem. Bad conclusions are a problem no matter what leads to them...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac Jones has been working with Tre Nixon and Nelson Agholor this past week in Carlsbad, California. Supposedly, all of the WR will spend at least a week with him. Training staff and assistant coaches are also along for the ride. Only two WR at a time so everyone can get on board with each other.
No media are allowed to watch or film the workouts. Then again, they don't have the exact location or schedule. No one knew until yesterday when a workout was spotted on a private beach and the reporter was given this info. Next workout? Willard Beach in South Portland, Maine then on to Honolulu. That will be followed by all hands on deck eighty four miles above the arctic circle for some cold weather training.