• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NE Patriots Roster

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I choose to disagree, especially about alcohol.
Yes because that was your weakness. I just think calling it a disease is a cop out. Do you feel the same way about a gambler or the grossly obese?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because that was your weakness. I just think calling it a disease is a cop out. Do you feel the same way about a gambler or the grossly obese?
You call it a weakness because it make you feel superior to others. When a body cannot tolerate pollen, is that a choice or a weakness? Because pollen doesn't effect you, does that make you stronger than those others?

I'm hyper-sensitive to seafood. Whatever the chemical that causes it, my throat immediately closes and I can't breathe. Is that also a weakness?

Gambling is something I have have no expert knowledge about, especially when it's a continuous habit. Therefore I have little to say because my opinion is of little value.

Obesity is a double edged sword. If a person has never been overweight and has an extremely high metabolic rate, they have no concept of what is required to lose that excess. The problem for overweight people is that losing that weight requires more than one alteration of lifestyle. Person must change diet, drinking of fluids and activity. For the majority, changing television habits is an ordeal. I committed myself to lose weight and over the past year I've lost over 60 pounds. I'm still not sleek, nor do I have washboard abs. That was a choice and I've stuck to it.

The problem with your opinion is that you refuse to consider the fact that a foreign substance placed inside the body by drinking it does not effect the brain in a way you don't understand or refuse to accept. If you drink ten 1 oz shots of bourbon in three hours, you may believe that you are fully capable of driving a thirty mile stretch home on both highways and secondary roads. Others will become totally inebriated and won't be able to talk. Others will be rendered unconscious. Are those people who can't drive weaker? Or are you just plain stupid for getting behind the wheel? Again, opinions vary.

Alcohol effects me different than anyone else on earth because it's my body and no one else has my DNA, Genetic Code or physical makeup. You or no one else has the slightest clue as to why I or anyone else cannot consume certain things without an adverse effect. If you did, we wouldn't be having this conversation because you'd be challenging Jeff Bezos for the top spot among the world's richest people and not posting your opinion on the Hoop.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You call it a weakness because it make you feel superior to others. When a body cannot tolerate pollen, is that a choice or a weakness? Because pollen doesn't effect you, does that make you stronger than those others?

I'm hyper-sensitive to seafood. Whatever the chemical that causes it, my throat immediately closes and I can't breathe. Is that also a weakness?

Gambling is something I have have no expert knowledge about, especially when it's a continuous habit. Therefore I have little to say because my opinion is of little value.

Obesity is a double edged sword. If a person has never been overweight and has an extremely high metabolic rate, they have no concept of what is required to lose that excess. The problem for overweight people is that losing that weight requires more than one alteration of lifestyle. Person must change diet, drinking of fluids and activity. For the majority, changing television habits is an ordeal. I committed myself to lose weight and over the past year I've lost over 60 pounds. I'm still not sleek, nor do I have washboard abs. That was a choice and I've stuck to it.

The problem with your opinion is that you refuse to consider the fact that a foreign substance placed inside the body by drinking it does not effect the brain in a way you don't understand or refuse to accept. If you drink ten 1 oz shots of bourbon in three hours, you may believe that you are fully capable of driving a thirty mile stretch home on both highways and secondary roads. Others will become totally inebriated and won't be able to talk. Others will be rendered unconscious. Are those people who can't drive weaker? Or are you just plain stupid for getting behind the wheel? Again, opinions vary.

Alcohol effects me different than anyone else on earth because it's my body and no one else has my DNA, Genetic Code or physical makeup. You or no one else has the slightest clue as to why I or anyone else cannot consume certain things without an adverse effect. If you did, we wouldn't be having this conversation because you'd be challenging Jeff Bezos for the top spot among the world's richest people and not posting your opinion on the Hoop.
I don't call it a weakness because it makes me feel anyway, that is your bullshit trying to make a point and turn this into something it's not.

Inhaling pollen is not a choice unless you want to live all John Travolta Boy in the bubble. You can choose not to eat seafood or be around it. These two piss poor examples show just how far you are reaching to try and rationalize a weakness. Choosing to do something and being subjected to something you have no control over are not the same.

Obesity is a choice not a double edge sword as you choose to present it. People know they are fat, people know the foods that cause them to be fat, people choose to eat improperly and people choose not to exercise. Just as people choose the opposite. You can not tell me a dude that is 5"6" 345 pounds who chooses to drink soda, eat fried chicken, and sandwiches and cakes and pies does not understand cause and effect.

You chose to drink, you decided you like drinking you let the alcohol control your decisions that was a weakness. You chose to quit you turned your weakness into a strength.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem for overweight people is that losing that weight requires more than one alteration of lifestyle.
Somehow in the middle of all that nonsense you managed to hit the nail on the head. For every addiction (I'll add almost always because there are always exceptions) a lifestyle change is required and the addicted just does not want to accept that. Even smoking where part of the addiction is the habit of breaking away for a smoke that the addicted just needs to account for. For drinkers it usually includes changing social patterns that place them around drinking. For eaters, it's not just cutting down on food, or just eat healthy, it's creating a culture of planning then following the plan.

We're people. We're smart. We're able to understand a problem. We're also manipulative, even to ourselves and easily rationalize bad behavior in order to continue doing it.

Also, you need to stop using yourself as an example since you prove YR's point. You made a choice and stopped drinking. (Kudos on that by the way)

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow in the middle of all that nonsense you managed to hit the nail on the head. For every addiction (I'll add almost always because there are always exceptions) a lifestyle change is required and the addicted just does not want to accept that. Even smoking where part of the addiction is the habit of breaking away for a smoke that the addicted just needs to account for. For drinkers it usually includes changing social patterns that place them around drinking. For eaters, it's not just cutting down on food, or just eat healthy, it's creating a culture of planning then following the plan.

We're people. We're smart. We're able to understand a problem. We're also manipulative, even to ourselves and easily rationalize bad behavior in order to continue doing it.

Also, you need to stop using yourself as an example since you prove YR's point. You made a choice and stopped drinking. (Kudos on that by the way)
BINGO

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You chose to drink, you decided you like drinking you let the alcohol control your decisions that was a weakness. You chose to quit you turned your weakness into a strength.
Again, let's just agree to disagree and move on. I can't convince you and you can't convince me. Never the twain shall meet.

It's apparent that you don't believe in chemistry or science.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, let's just agree to disagree and move on. I can't convince you and you can't convince me. Never the twain shall meet.

It's apparent that you don't believe in chemistry or science.
Let's agree to disagree then feels compelled to throw one last jab. LOL

I do believe in Chemistry and Science. Seems more to me people don't want to take responsibility for their choices. There are thousands and thousands of people that drink and don't become raging alcoholics because they choose not to. Seems to me you don't believe that people can control the outcome of their decisions.

But yeah lets put it to rest.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever failed? Failing is a very tough thing to go through until you learn to grow through!
Have I ever failed?
Oh, hell yes.
Give up?
Yah...no. Giving up is not a factor in my game.

Ever run a half marathon on bad knees? I may not win, but I wont be beat.

I don't care if I am playing Pictionary, I will not go down without a fight.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem being an alcoholic. One leads to two, to three. It's a disease, that has a mind of it's own.

I hated waking up with someone standing on my tongue.
One is too many, twenty four is not enough.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think that is a rash of shit. People choose to drink, smoke, take drugs, gamble then when the shit hits the fan look to shift the responsibilities of their decisions. Hell I read where gambling is now considered a disease how it's a disease and not a choice makes zero sense. I am of the opinion that extreme liberal minded medical professionals labeled these things a disease in order to fund treatment at the tax payers expense. In the end these are personal choices much like obesity is to eating improperly. I am overweight but blame only myself for my bad choices and my weaknesses. I think calling personal choices a disease is a cop out.
Addiction is something that takes over the body. I walked away from alcohol without nary a thought...well that's a lie, but it was relatively easy. I got a dui, woke up in jail and said to myself I can either drive or drink. I made the decision to give up drinking instead of giving up driving. No shakes, or dt's or anything. 29 years later or 29 days later, I can still be found in bars with my friends and loved ones. We are going to hit a few more distilleries on the Bourbon Trail this Friday. Maybe I was not "addicted".

Nicotine? 10 years after I quit smoking a coworker got out his Marlboro's and took one out of the box. He tossed the pack down and went to light it up. As he was taking the lighter away from his face, I realized I had picked up the pack and was pulling out a smoke. Without any conscious decision my body was getting the cigarette out like it was the natural thing to do 10 years after I quit. another 5 or 6 years later, same thing. A coworker dropped his smokes on the hood of a work truck and I started to reach for them.

That's addiction.
I liked the taste of beer. I liked the taste of whiskey. I liked how it made me feel. I looked forward to having drinks with friends. And I just walked away without a thought. After I finally gave in to peer pressure and tried a cigarette in the eighties, I was done. It took me twenty years of trying to succeed in quitting. And I still smell the stink of them and want one. Yes, I lit that first one. Maybe I was predisposed because all my parents, step parents, grandparents and aunts & uncles smoked, but it was me.
Me and the extra chemicals big tobacco added to the their products to enhance the addictive properties.

I don't wish it on anybody. And just because you haven't gone through it, doesn't justify you chastising someone else.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boston Sports Journal's Greg Bedard reports there's a "high-level of concern" about what's going on with the Patriots' offense.​

Patriots players have been "alarmed" with what they've seen from the team's offensive coaching staff and lack of direction on offense, according to Bedard. The Patriots haven't named an offensive coordinator since Josh McDaniels' departure, with the expectation Joe Judge or ex-Lions HC Matt Patricia will be the offensive play caller. Neither coach is known for offense. Judge's background is in special teams while Patricia's is in defense. Judge, a former college quarterback that spent 2019 as the Patriots' WR coach, is the likely favorite for the role. Judge said at the team's minicamp he plans to work closely with second-year QB Mac Jones.
B O'B will be back next year.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Addiction is something that takes over the body. I walked away from alcohol without nary a thought...well that's a lie, but it was relatively easy. I got a dui, woke up in jail and said to myself I can either drive or drink. I made the decision to give up drinking instead of giving up driving. No shakes, or dt's or anything. 29 years later or 29 days later, I can still be found in bars with my friends and loved ones. We are going to hit a few more distilleries on the Bourbon Trail this Friday. Maybe I was not "addicted".

Nicotine? 10 years after I quit smoking a coworker got out his Marlboro's and took one out of the box. He tossed the pack down and went to light it up. As he was taking the lighter away from his face, I realized I had picked up the pack and was pulling out a smoke. Without any conscious decision my body was getting the cigarette out like it was the natural thing to do 10 years after I quit. another 5 or 6 years later, same thing. A coworker dropped his smokes on the hood of a work truck and I started to reach for them.

That's addiction.
I liked the taste of beer. I liked the taste of whiskey. I liked how it made me feel. I looked forward to having drinks with friends. And I just walked away without a thought. After I finally gave in to peer pressure and tried a cigarette in the eighties, I was done. It took me twenty years of trying to succeed in quitting. And I still smell the stink of them and want one. Yes, I lit that first one. Maybe I was predisposed because all my parents, step parents, grandparents and aunts & uncles smoked, but it was me.
Me and the extra chemicals big tobacco added to the their products to enhance the addictive properties.

I don't wish it on anybody. And just because you haven't gone through it, doesn't justify you chastising someone else.
First of all nowhere did I chastise anybody no one time.

I smoked for years and as I stated that was a weakness, a weakness I conquered.

I stated calling things a disease is BS to me, again it's personal choice. I have known smokers, and drinkers no of which will or would have told they were addicted at first puff or first sip. Those first that person or those people decided "Hmm okay, I like this" it was a choice. Again I did not belittle, degrade or devalue any one person I expressed how I feel about it.

When you are losing any battle to anything it's because you have an exposed weakness when and only when you conquer that weakness due the tides turn.

Things are very black or white for me, never been one of those "Gray Area" guys, does it happen in the course of life? Sure! Do I make every effort to clarify to myself how I choose to view things? Absolutely!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I smoked for years and as I stated that was a weakness, a weakness I conquered.

I stated calling things a disease is BS to me, again it's personal choice. I have known smokers, and drinkers no of which will or would have told they were addicted at first puff or first sip. Those first that person or those people decided "Hmm okay, I like this" it was a choice. Again I did not belittle, degrade or devalue any one person I expressed how I feel about it.

When you are losing any battle to anything it's because you have an exposed weakness when and only when you conquer that weakness due the tides turn.

Things are very black or white for me, never been one of those "Gray Area" guys, does it happen in the course of life? Sure! Do I make every effort to clarify to myself how I choose to view things? Absolutely!
Damn I need to proof read my shit moving forward. I swear in my head I am typing complete sentences. LOL

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"And I think that is a rash of shit. People choose to drink, smoke, take drugs, gamble then when the shit hits the fan look to shift the responsibilities of their decisions....I think calling personal choices a disease is a cop out."

Sounds like a chastization to me.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"And I think that is a rash of shit. People choose to drink, smoke, take drugs, gamble then when the shit hits the fan look to shift the responsibilities of their decisions....I think calling personal choices a disease is a cop out."

Sounds like a chastization to me.
Well you must be a really sensitive dude. That is clearly opinion not pointed at any one person.