• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that way, but it's not.

The league had fought against and denied tanking for about as long as it has been a league.

Teams tanked, everyone knew they were tanking, but the league couldn't really do anything about it because no one admitted it, so the league couldn't prove it.

Then, along come the Sixers who decide to tank, then rub the leagues nose in it.

And lol @being so desperate to prop up a failed argument that you try compare it to civil rights.

Speeding is illegal, but you don't get punished for it unless you do it in front of a cop. The Sixers did it front of a cop.
How is what these teams do not blatant?!?! We all know it’s happening. Hinkie just did it better than most. He stock piled space and assets. Presti right now is running that same exact play back. SGA 2020 - 35 games played. 2021 -56 games played. So because Hinkie used the phrasing that the Sixers are in a process and to have patience and faith that’s some sort of smoking gun? Come on now. You’re holding the organization responsible for what the media did with that comment. In effect, what you’re saying is the difference is that the Bumblefuck Thunder play in a shitty media market and that allows them to fly under the radar.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said I know Pop personally. That said, he went to HS with two of my uncles and it’s kind of a cultural thing here in NWI…

Second, when you say “max free agent”, who were you implying was available to them at the time? LeBron was always going to end up in LA. Paul George same deal. They only other max player available at the time leaves Kawhi via trade, and truth be told he too was going to end up in LA regardless.

Pop respects the game. He was never going to be responsible for someone else’s superteam. His hatred for the Lakers was also one motivating factor to keep the Spurs from tanking last season, among his paycheck, and others.
They didn’t need to spend that cap money on a max guy that FA period.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it’s Silver’s fault… Your tough guy act is out of line because you bitch and moan as much as anyone on here.

Go cry about election fraud while you’re at it.
Did somebody say what does the girls high school basketball jock sniff think? Nope. Shut the fuck up

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah!!!!

That's dope.

I knew which one it was because I actually have this photo, not the cards though.

R.ce9fdc41068c83e2842a2859c39bd4ec

rawImage.jpg

Nothing like putting a target on your back

But man, this year is just another bridge year

Next year is when the talent starts to look like the next final four team

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is what these teams do not blatant?!?! We all know it’s happening. Hinkie just did it better than most. He stock piled space and assets. Presti right now is running that same exact play back. SGA 2020 - 35 games played. 2021 -56 games played. So because Hinkie used the phrasing that the Sixers are in a process and to have patience and faith that’s some sort of smoking gun? Come on now. You’re holding the organization responsible for what the media did with that comment. In effect, what you’re saying is the difference is that the Bumblefuck Thunder play in a shitty media market and that allows them to fly under the radar.

As I said above, they don't admit they're tanking and they damn sure don't give it a name. Of course, it's because of what the media did with the comment. That's why people usually try to be very careful about what they say in interviews, etc.

In short, the Sixers said the quiet part out loud.

I'll bet that when other GM's read and heard that they were like

Oh God Reaction GIF

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fredette was the most overhyped player to enter the league since Danny Ferry. All time great CBB player. He had a helluva jump shot but that was it. Even in college he got shutdown by bigger more athletic defenders.
Like Curry, poor dude had to carry the load for BYU.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I heard Anthony Davis has a chip on his shoulder coming into the season

Is this figuratively or is he actually injured?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It may actually be a product of his brows becoming so bushy that they now rest upon his shoulders.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As long as the word chip isn't preceded by the word bone...

he should be fine.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can add Thon Maker, the original YouTube over hyped sensation, Dante Exum who I thought was Penny Hardaway 2.0, Andrea Bargani who only avoids mention because Kandi man and Kwame were worse #1 overall picks, and Thabeet.
You’re forgetting someone…

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too easy…

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Retroram52 @trojanfan12 @DJ @Black Adam @shopson67

What about Harkless?

Not sure if OKC will release him.

But, they have 18 contracts.

Also, not sure Jeanie thinks he's worth using the 15 th spot, considering it will actually cost them 7 mil with luxury tax payments, even if you give him the minimum.

But, he fits.

Loved him with the Clippers.