• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good bet he'll bet lol...

Good thing he ain't doing it with REAL money...

Party Money GIF by VCG Construction
I do, a few times a month.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Hemet to San Clemente?

Yuck.

It wasn't bad in the morning and over the last year, I would take Ortega Highway which tended to have much less traffic and is a nice drive. But since it's single lanes most of the way...if there was an issue on the road...you could be sitting for awhile. lol

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't bad in the morning and over the last year, I would take Ortega Highway which tended to have much less traffic and is a nice drive. But since it's single lanes most of the way...if there was an issue on the road...you could be sitting for awhile. lol
At night....Ortega Hwy can be intimidating. To some.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but work with them. I'm a production planner.

That department is like the first place that doesn’t need to be in the office very much if at all.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At night....Ortega Hwy can be intimidating. To some.

Yep. I was fairly cautious when I first started using that route. Then I got to where I could fly through fairly quickly.

I even looked into moving up there. There is a place with small cabins that I thought would been pretty cool for the wife and I.

She didn't think it would be as cool though. lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after all these trades the past couple seasons...Brooklyn could be left with KD and Simmons. Not so bad but where they were at last season...what a disappointment.
They don't have enough money to sign a bigtime FA unless they worked a sign-and-trade for Kyrie that seems unlikely. What team is going to agree to trade assets and commit to Kyrie long-term? Short answer, nobody!
Not sure about nobody.....Hell, the Lakers probably would if the Nets would take Westbrook. Doubt they'd offer a max, though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on the fence. On the one hand, I agree. Either you are one of the top 8, or you arent. End of story.

But then I can see where it can be good for things like teams that had injuries, but got healthy too late in the season to get into the top 8. Like last season when the Lakers were in the play in because of injuries, and were up 2-1 on the Suns until AD got hurt again.

It is also a way to keep fans of marginal playoff teams interested which helps those teams and the league. Not to mention its good for young, up and coming teams like the Cavs to get some playoff experience without a ton of pressure on them.

I am skeptical about it being a player safety/injury issue.
Even though it kept the Cavs out this year it still seems exciting...but also on the fence as can see the side of 82 is enough to decide. wonder if this ever happens if there was never a covid season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do need a better setup at home to be truly comfortable (a roll-top desk just doesn't cut it lol), but I spend 95% of my work day in my office in front of a computer with hardly any interaction. I live alone, so no distractions at home.

Wish I could've gotten a puppy while I was home, would've made housebreaking a lot easier....
We got a Covid puppy for our daughter who had wanted one forever. College age. Got her in 8/2020. Neither kid was in school (until daughter went back in 1/21). I worked from home full time until at least April of 2021. Wife worked from home. Pooch was almost 1 before it was ever left alone as someone was always home. I am sure she looked at us thinking "get the hell out, I need some me time."

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about nobody.....Hell, the Lakers probably would if the Nets would take Westbrook. Doubt they'd offer a max, though.
I doubt it. KD left OKC bc he didn't want to play with Russ

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do need a better setup at home to be truly comfortable (a roll-top desk just doesn't cut it lol), but I spend 95% of my work day in my office in front of a computer with hardly any interaction. I live alone, so no distractions at home.

Wish I could've gotten a puppy while I was home, would've made housebreaking a lot easier....

I also have a roll top desk. Not the most comfortable for working from (especially since I have 2 computers and 3 monitors on it).

But, it was my Moms and arguably her favorite piece of furniture...so I'll deal with it. lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the thing, it has to be kept quiet.

What is funny about that is that the Lakers got fined for Magics wink wink nod nod comment on Kimmel or whatever show regarding PG13...but nothing was said when Russell Westbrook had a party to welcome him to the Thunder that started before FA did.

Also, there was an NBA GM who said that the Lakers were starting every FA at a disadvantage because Mitch actually followed that rule...but the league still said nothing. lol

Paul George was traded to the Thunder.

The party occurred when he resigned.

Teams are allowed to communicate with their own free agents before the deadline.