• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ESPN 7/26/2022

The Brooklyn Nets and Boston Celtics are extremely close to completing a trade.

The Nets have asked for Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Robert Williams and three first round picks and will send Kevin Durant to the Celtics.

The Celtics do not want to give up Marcus Smart and have Offered Derrick White and two first round picks. They also want Cam Thomas or they will only give up one first round pick.

ESPN thinks that the Nets will counter with Durant, Seth Curry and Cam Thomas for Brown, Smart, Robert Williams and Grant Williams and two first round picks and the deal will be done.
* Phone Rings *

" This is Brad ".

" Hello, Brad. We want Brown, Smart, Williams... "

* Brad Imterupts *

...." I'm sorry, Sean. When you say Williams, you mean Grant , right "?

" Umm, no Brad. We mean Ro....."

* line goes dead as shots ring out *

cat-shooting.gif

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Phone Rings *

" This is Brad ".

" Hello, Brad. We want Brown, Smart, Williams... "

* Brad Imterupts *

...." I'm sorry, Sean. When you say Williams, you mean Grant , right "?

" Umm, no Brad. We mean Ro....."

* line goes dead as shots ring out *

cat-shooting.gif

Can't imagine RWilliams being a part of the trade unless Smart is not. Nets are hunting for that second piece to save face, whether it's Smart or RWilliams (or extra picks). White and GWilliams are useful pieces, but they don't really move the needle.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hauser is small potatoes.

I agree that Tatum both can and will probably have to play a little more 2 spot if this trade goes down.

The weak spots, IMO, are the depth at the traditional 2 and the traditional 5. Just a little more depth would be needed here for the regular season... which I'm sure they would add.

Finally, Grant Williams is an interesting question in this trade dynamic. He has very important value for a Championship contender in the East as someone who can guard Giannis Antetokounmpo at a reasonably high level. I don't think the Celtics are gonna part with him easily.

If you have Durant, he's going to be on the floor vs Giannis, not Grant (unless you're putting KD and Tatum on the wings, which puts one of Smart/Brogdon on the pine).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ESPN 7/26/2022

The Nets have asked for Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Robert Williams and three first round picks and will send Kevin Durant to the Celtics.

The Celtics do not want to give up Marcus Smart and have Offered Derrick White and two first round picks. They also want Cam Thomas or they will only give up one first round pick.

ESPN thinks that the Nets will counter with Durant, Seth Curry and Cam Thomas for Brown, Smart, Robert Williams and Grant Williams and two first round picks and the deal will be done.

FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Ken had too much coffee this AM!

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have Durant, he's going to be on the floor vs Giannis, not Grant (unless you're putting KD and Tatum on the wings, which puts one of Smart/Brogdon on the pine).
Smart, Brogdon, Tatum and KD are not gonna be on the floor 48 minutes each... Grant Williams would see plenty of time matching up against Giannis as all of those guys get their individual breathers.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't imagine RWilliams being a part of the trade unless Smart is not. Nets are hunting for that second piece to save face, whether it's Smart or RWilliams (or extra picks). White and GWilliams are useful pieces, but they don't really move the needle.
With Horford's advanced age, I can't imagine a scenario where they relinquish Time Lord.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't fault Brooklyn for asking big... but in the end, the Celtics don't need this trade... so I believe Brooklyn is gonna have to come down some... (or find a different team who is willing to sell the farm).

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ESPN 7/26/2022

Trading Robert and Grant Williams?

LOL.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart, Brogdon, Tatum and KD are not gonna be on the floor 48 minutes each... Grant Williams would see plenty of time matching up against Giannis as all of those guys get their individual breathers.
This.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Horford's advanced age, I can't imagine a scenario where they relinquish Time Lord.
How many years did it look like he aged after game 1 in the finals?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say Boston and the Nets agree to a KD trade under the following terms: Jaylen Brown, Derrick White, 3 future 1sts and maybe a pick swap.

Here would be the resulting Celtics Depth Chart:

PG (1) - Marcus Smart, Malcolm Brogdon, Payton Pritchard

SG (2) - Malcolm Brogdon, Marcus Smart, Payton Pritchard, Jayson Tatum

SF (3) - Jayson Tatum, Kevin Durant, Grant Williams, Sam Hauser

PF (4) - Kevin Durant, Jayson Tatum, Al Horford, Grant Williams, Danilo Gallinari

C (5) - Robert Williams III, Al Horford, Grant Williams, Luke Kornet

It's a little weak on guard depth, but another body would likely be picked up. Maybe another 5 for the regular season too.

Outside of injury, can this team be stopped?
Well yeah if they only give White and future picks it's a no brainer imo. Adding Smart is dangerous for their depth with Brogdon carrying the load but they still improve and would need a little more depth. I think if it were this easy, adding a couple more picks would get this deal done...I can see going back and forth though bc Boston wants to keep as many future picks as well but I think if they offer this...BKN still might want another piece. Maybe Robert Williams? Do you still do this deal with flying colors?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Dow aka Wally from Leave it to Beaver died.

Cancer sucks.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hauser is small potatoes.

I agree that Tatum both can and will probably have to play a little more 2 spot if this trade goes down.

The weak spots, IMO, are the depth at the traditional 2 and the traditional 5. Just a little more depth would be needed here for the regular season... which I'm sure they would add.

Finally, Grant Williams is an interesting question in this trade dynamic. He has very important value for a Championship contender in the East as someone who can guard Giannis Antetokounmpo at a reasonably high level. I don't think the Celtics are gonna part with him easily.

I think they will have to deal one of the Williams.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even hear this rumor.

Darren Woolfson: We begin with Brian Windhorst, who’s been on this podcast a lot. He floated on his podcast that the Wolves had been mentioned as a potential trade partner for Russell Westbrook. I do not doubt his information. What I can tell you is, I feel very strong in saying that the LA Lakers, Rob Pelinka, initiated that dialog. I also feel very, very, very, very, very confident in suggesting that Russell Westbrook is not coming to the Timberwolves, that is not a trade that you need to foresee thinking about actually happening. Just get it out of your realm of possibilities in your Wolf-centric brain. Russell Westbrook is not landing here.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demtrius got a better hairline than 'Bron.