• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if you will.....Boston trades those 3 players and picks......KD plays in 50 games or so (averaged 45 a season with the Nets) next season and the Celtics are a play-in team.

Imagine if you will…

Celtics stand pat.

Miami trades for KD and wins the next 2 titles. Boston fails to make it past the 2nd round.

Jaylen Brown leaves via feee agency in 2024.

Both sides can play this game.

I think my scenario is more likely.

Even then, Boston is not adding Smart to this deal. Brooklyn has to come down on their asking price on the player side. Smart is not nearly as helpful to them as he is to Boston.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot they had Dikembe.

And damn if Kenyon Martin doesn’t look like Vince Carter in that picture.

Yeah at first I thought, damn, that vc trade happened earlier than I thought lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if you will…

Celtics stand pat.

Miami trades for KD and wins the next 2 titles. Boston fails to make it past the 2nd round.

Jaylen Brown leaves via feee agency in 2024.

Both sides can play this game.

I think my scenario is more likely.

They should definitely go with this scenario.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Jaco 6′6″ - Mike knocked him down 3 times in the first round, and the fight was stopped.

Eddie Richardson 6′6″ - Mike knocked him stone cold out in the first round.

Kevin McBride 6′6″ - last fight of Mike’s career, he quit on his stool after the 6th round.

Sammy Scaff 6′5″ - Mike stopped him in the first round

Mitch Green 6′5″ - went 10 rounds, Mike won decision, and beat him up later in the street

Jose Ribalta 6′5″ - Mike stopped him in the 10th round after putting him down in the 2nd, 8th and 10th

Tony Tucker 6′5″ - went 12 rounds, Mike won decision

Tyrell Biggs 6′5″ - Mike stopped him in the 7th round

Lou Savarese 6′5″ - Mike stopped him in the first round

So, no then.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone say puss...oh, hi y'all...:D

wave waving GIF by iHeartRadio

That quick response was almost magnetic in nature...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ESPN 7/26/2022

The Brooklyn Nets and Boston Celtics are extremely close to completing a trade.

The Nets have asked for Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Robert Williams and three first round picks and will send Kevin Durant to the Celtics.

The Celtics do not want to give up Marcus Smart and have Offered Derrick White and two first round picks. They also want Cam Thomas or they will only give up one first round pick.

ESPN thinks that the Nets will counter with Durant, Seth Curry and Cam Thomas for Brown, Smart, Robert Williams and Grant Williams and two first round picks and the deal will be done.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ESPN 7/26/2022

The Nets have asked for Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Robert Williams and three first round picks and will send Kevin Durant to the Celtics.

The Celtics do not want to give up Marcus Smart and have Offered Derrick White and two first round picks. They also want Cam Thomas or they will only give up one first round pick.

ESPN thinks that the Nets will counter with Durant, Seth Curry and Cam Thomas for Brown, Smart, Robert Williams and Grant Williams and two first round picks and the deal will be done. <----------------------

Hell no. The Celtics would fools to make that trade.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ESPN 7/26/2022

ESPN thinks that the Nets will counter with Durant, Seth Curry and Cam Thomas for Brown, Smart, Robert Williams and Grant Williams and two first round picks and the deal will be done.
This equals a fact? LOL

ESPN THINKS that the Nets will counter with Durant, Seth Curry and Cam Thomas for Brown, Smart, Robert Williams and Grant Williams and two first round picks and the deal will be done.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That still would be a stupid trade for the Celtics. The woodie for KD remains for someone in green.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say Boston and the Nets agree to a KD trade under the following terms: Jaylen Brown, Derrick White, 3 future 1sts and maybe a pick swap.

Here would be the resulting Celtics Depth Chart:

PG (1) - Marcus Smart, Malcolm Brogdon, Payton Pritchard

SG (2) - Malcolm Brogdon, Marcus Smart, Payton Pritchard, Jayson Tatum

SF (3) - Jayson Tatum, Kevin Durant, Grant Williams, Sam Hauser

PF (4) - Kevin Durant, Jayson Tatum, Al Horford, Grant Williams, Danilo Gallinari

C (5) - Robert Williams III, Al Horford, Grant Williams, Luke Kornet

It's a little weak on guard depth, but another body would likely be picked up. Maybe another 5 for the regular season too.

Outside of injury, can this team be stopped?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say Boston and the Nets agree to a KD trade under the following terms: Jaylen Brown, Derrick White, 3 future 1sts and maybe a pick swap.

Here would be the resulting Celtics Depth Chart:

PG (1) - Marcus Smart, Malcolm Brogdon, Payton Pritchard

SG (2) - Malcolm Brogdon, Marcus Smart, Payton Pritchard, Jayson Tatum

SF (3) - Jayson Tatum, Kevin Durant, Grant Williams, Sam Hauser

PF (4) - Kevin Durant, Jayson Tatum, Al Horford, Grant Williams, Danilo Gallinari

C (5) - Robert Williams III, Al Horford, Grant Williams, Luke Kornet

It's a little weak on guard depth, but another body would likely be picked up. Maybe another 5 for the regular season too.

Outside of injury, can this team be stopped?

I disagree a bit.

In your trade the 4 spot is Durant, Al, Grant, Gallo and Hauser (he's a 4, sorry he can't defend true wings)

That means Tatum and Brown are spending time at the 2 and 3 more than last year.

And they have 3 guys who can run the point.

This team is fine if they make that deal. But I'm gonna guess Grant has to go if they land Durant.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree a bit.

In your trade the 4 spot is Durant, Al, Grant, Gallo and Hauser (he's a 4, sorry he can't defend true wings)

That means Tatum and Brown are spending time at the 2 and 3 more than last year.

And they have 3 guys who can run the point.

This team is fine if they make that deal. But I'm gonna guess Grant has to go if they land Durant.
Hauser is small potatoes.

I agree that Tatum both can and will probably have to play a little more 2 spot if this trade goes down.

The weak spots, IMO, are the depth at the traditional 2 and the traditional 5. Just a little more depth would be needed here for the regular season... which I'm sure they would add.

Finally, Grant Williams is an interesting question in this trade dynamic. He has very important value for a Championship contender in the East as someone who can guard Giannis Antetokounmpo at a reasonably high level. I don't think the Celtics are gonna part with him easily.