• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless there is something we don't know about yet and the Nets are keeping it close to the vest...it seems like the smart thing would be to wait. He fills a need for them.

Their 2 biggest needs, imo, are for Kyrie to realize he has a full time job and perimeter defense. Simmons addresses the defense and with his ballhandling and passing, he can be at least a little insurance for whatever excuse Kyrie comes up with to not play.
Agreed. I also think that the Nets could potentially work Simmons the way I always wanted the Sixers to work him. Play a versatile player in a diverse way. Divide his minutes at the 1, the 4, the 5. Until he shoots you can’t ask him to be the 2 or 3. Not sure why that wasn’t explored more by Brown or Rivers. Makes me guess the reluctance may have been Ben. Simmons is an enigma. How does he respond to what has given down? It’s gonna define his career.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I also think that the Nets could potentially work Simmons the way I always wanted the Sixers to work him. Play a versatile player in a diverse way. Divide his minutes at the 1, the 4, the 5. Until he shoots you can’t ask him to be the 2 or 3. Not sure why that wasn’t explored more by Brown or Rivers. Makes me guess the reluctance may have been Ben. Simmons is an enigma. How does he respond to what has given down? It’s gonna define his career.

With his ballhandling and passing, Ben at the 5 in a ''small ball'' lineup, could be devastating. Especially if he can at least be a competent midrange shooter.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With his ballhandling and passing, Ben at the 5 in a ''small ball'' lineup, could be devastating. Especially if he can at least be a competent midrange shooter.
That’s a team that can get out and run.
Kyrie Curry Brown KD Simmons could be really tough.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, don't forget that highly valuable 1st rounder 5 or 6 years from now. lol

i'd mentioned conley previously for the Lakers.

The challenge is it would likely cost them both of their trade-able first.

THT took too much of a step back for them this year.

I do think he's a fun piece to play with Mitchell if the Jazz were to try and blow it up around him.

THT's problem is that right now his role is too similar to Russ, where on offense, without the ball to create/facilitate for others he has little value since he doesn't provide much floor spacing. But he's young enough that a team that is not an immediate contender should take a gamble for the right price.

For me the Lakers assets to reshape the roster are basically:
- THT/Nunn/First,
- Russ/First
- small MLE
- cash to buy second round picks

The only guys who should be on the roster next year for sure, 100% are Bron, Brow, and Reaves.

you could survive keeping THT on the roster if you had to, if you moved Russ.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some teams it's already the offseason

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude can watch lots of Mets games now....
.....and check out the comments in the replies section....lol

Ftr: I hope he does go to the Knicks.

How's Lindor doing so far this season? Glad he got outta Cleveland. He'll have a much better chance of winning with the Mets. As long as Dolan owns the Cleveland Baseball Team they'll go nowhere.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's Lindor doing so far this season? Glad he got outta Cleveland. He'll have a much better chance of winning with the Mets. As long as Dolan owns the Cleveland Baseball Team they'll go nowhere.
He started off hot, in a little slump now. He's on my team in my dynasty league