• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m thinking some kind of Simmons for gobert deal could work.

Sharpe and cam Thomas maybe also in play

Could depend on if Mitchell wants to play with him.
Time to blow it up. I don’t see hope for that Utah roster after that postseason. They need to just trade everyone, if possible, and start from scratch. Grab future picks, a couple young players for Mitchell, Gobert and even Bog.

I would take Bog on the Cavs in a heartbeat, great fit.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this 4 team trade proposal this morning:

Lakers get: Mike Conley, Kemba Walker and Ben Simmons

Nets get: Rudy Gobert, Derrick Rose and Royce O'Neale

Knicks get: Donovan Mitchell and Juan Hernangomez

Jazz get: Russell Westbrook, THT, Joe Harris, R.J. Barrett, Philly's 2022 1st round pick (via Nets), 2022 1st round pick, 2023 1st round pick, 2026 1st round pick swap (via Knicks), 2027 1st round pick, 2028 1st round pick swap (via Lakers).

Have fun and don't shoot the messenger. lol
Nets are getting wrecked in this trade.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So cutting through all that noise...the Lakers gets Conley, Kemba, AND ben Simmons for RW, THT, and a first?

This was a Lakers website right

And a 1st round pick swap. I think it was from Fansided. Saw the article and clicked on it. I didn't read the logic behind it yet, just what the proposal was. I'll probably go back and read it later.

Not sure Simmons has a lot of trade value right now. Considering that he can address one of the Nets biggest issues, their defense, I'm not sure why they would look to get rid of him before he's played even 1 game for them.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a 1st round pick swap. I think it was from Fansided. Saw the article and clicked on it. I didn't read the logic behind it yet, just what the proposal was. I'll probably go back and read it later.

Not sure Simmons has a lot of trade value right now. Considering that he can address one of the Nets biggest issues, their defense, I'm not sure why they would look to get rid of him before he's played even 1 game for them.

Even with all his drama he's still worth more than what the Nets got back there. I guess you could sell me on a SU Ben for Gobert swap

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets are getting wrecked in this trade.

That's kind of what I thought. Gobert helps their defense, which they need, but only their interior defense. Assuming Simmons ever plays again, he can defend from the paint to the perimeter.

Rose is potentially an interesting bench player for them. But he's kinda old and beat up. Don't know a lot about O'Neale.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with all his drama he's still worth more than what the Nets got back there. I guess you could sell me on a SU Ben for Gobert swap

Not sure I agree on that with Ben unless you're just talking potential. Dude hasn't played in over a year.

But yeah, even if he just plays at the level he did with the Sixers, then he's worth more. Depends on if the Nets believe he can do that or if he'll play at all.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I agree on that with Ben unless you're just talking potential. Dude hasn't played in over a year.

But yeah, even if he just plays at the level he did with the Sixers, then he's worth more. Depends on if the Nets believe he can do that or if he'll play at all.

Right now truth be told his value is virtually incapable of being assessed. Don't see him being moved anytime soon.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now truth be told his value is virtually incapable of being assessed. Don't see him being moved anytime soon.

Agree.

I can't imagine that a few practices would be enough for the Nets to have already made a decision that they are ready to act on. I would think that they would at least want to have a couple of pre-season games first. lol

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of what I thought. Gobert helps their defense, which they need, but only their interior defense. Assuming Simmons ever plays again, he can defend from the paint to the perimeter.

Rose is potentially an interesting bench player for them. But he's kinda old and beat up. Don't know a lot about O'Neale.
I think the jig is up on Rudy in the playoffs now. You space the floor and take him away from the hoop. Without Simmons the defensive perimeter pieces in Brooklyn may be arguably worse than what Utah has and that perimeter defense blows.

I think Nets hold on to Simmons and see what they have.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay, I looked at the article again and its some shady logic...

The Nets had to flip Harden for Simmons, who didnt end up returning to the team in the playoffs. Getting swept by the Celtics was extremely disappointing and the Nets are going to have to change something. lol

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I looked at the article again and its some shady logic...

The Nets had to flip Harden for Simmons, who didnt end up returning to the team in the playoffs. Getting swept by the Celtics was extremely disappointing and the Nets are going to have to change something. lol

And the blame obviously lies at the player who didn't play lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of money, I’m already thinking sign and trade for him. Maybe I’m wrong but I think Sexton like Garland needs the ball in his hands. Not sure he’s a natural off ball player. I would try a sign and trade with that $20 million level to add some role players around what they’re building.
i'm only trading him if it's in a package for a stud wing player. small sample size but team looked good before sexton went down and his shots/usage were way down from last season. also had played an incredibly tough schedule..11 games, 3 home games.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I’d preserve my max space if James wants to make one last return

I’d have my young core locked in with a lottery pick this year taking his first year lumps before James got there AND two more juicy picks to make available to make a big move if the team plays like it can and justifies the investment
that's great, but doubt we have max space with or without Sexton.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hield is a big downgrade, he is a shooter but Sexton was a pretty good shooter and a much better scorer. If they trade it’s for a downgrade but it’s the right fit it could work. Hield isn’t enough to give him away, all Cavs fans probably agree
I think only way we get an upgrade worth making is if in a package (assuming that can be done in a sign and trade?). Maybe include Okoro, LM and/or a pick?

Otherwise I do what you mentioned and sign him and see how everyone fits.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexton has talent and real scoring ability. The Cavs offense stagnated at times. Garland cant carry that entire load. Allen and Mobley are good for 25-30 pts a night- maybe more- but maybe not right away.

Sexton is a talented player. I dont want to let a talented player go if they can keep him. I think/hope that watching the team this season and seeing Garland become THE point guard has given Sexton some ideas of how to fit in for the long term if that is what happens.

I like LeVert- but I think Sexton is just a better player. Whatever they do- I think they bring Rubio back too.

Garland
Sexton
Okoro
LeVert
Rubio
Cedi
Mobley
Allen
Love
Markkenen

that is a team that can win some games- and is still so young. Plus - even if they sign Sexton to a deal- it might be some hardship short term to Dan's pocket book (not that he cares), but then Love comes off after this season.

Whatever happens- Cavs have a lot of young talent and a good base. Altman has a big job in front of him to make good choices and mold this collection of young talent into a cohesive team. They are already ahead of schedule.
Love to see Rubio back and think it can happen. But he'd need to take MLE or less.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the jig is up on Rudy in the playoffs now. You space the floor and take him away from the hoop. Without Simmons the defensive perimeter pieces in Brooklyn may be arguably worse than what Utah has and that perimeter defense blows.

I think Nets hold on to Simmons and see what they have.

Unless there is something we don't know about yet and the Nets are keeping it close to the vest...it seems like the smart thing would be to wait. He fills a need for them.

Their 2 biggest needs, imo, are for Kyrie to realize he has a full time job and perimeter defense. Simmons addresses the defense and with his ballhandling and passing, he can be at least a little insurance for whatever excuse Kyrie comes up with to not play.