• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could've last year too, but the Lakers are the team he signed with.
To repair his value. Now that he’s done that why would he continue to work for cheap?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he does.

I'd like him back, but I'm not worried if he goes elsewhere. Lakers will just need to find the next guy in a similar situation as Monk was in last year.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like him back, but I'm not worried if he goes elsewhere. Lakers will just need to find the next guy in a similar situation as Monk was in last year.
Him and Nunn could be 2 nice pieces on the team.

They make the team younger....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To repair his value. Now that he’s done that why would he continue to work for cheap?

No idea. But he and his agent have both said that he'd take less to come back. How much less is obviously the question...as shopson said, it'll likely cost them their TPMLE.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutal.

He is one of their few players who actually plays some defense.....something the Sixers desperately need.
He’s useless in the playoffs. He’s WalMart brand Ben Simmons. You play 4 on 5 in the half court when he’s on the court. The Sixers have few pieces they can use to churn the roster. It’s time to give up on him. He’s 25 and he was going to add any offense to his game it would have happened by now. He’s been “working on it” since his days at Washington and it hasn’t happened. It ain’t gonna happen.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s useless in the playoffs. He’s WalMart brand Ben Simmons. You play 4 on 5 in the half court when he’s on the court. The Sixers have few pieces they can use to churn the roster. It’s time to give up on him. He’s 25 and he was going to add any offense to his game it would have happened by now. He’s been “working on it” since his days at Washington and it hasn’t happened. It ain’t gonna happen.
How many guards in the NBA average almost 2spg AND a block a game?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many guards in the NBA average almost 2spg AND a block a game?
Probably not many. He’s a one way player with no role in the playoffs. Additionally, he’s a shitty teammate. He’s not good enough to be a shitty teammate and add nothing to his offensive game over 3 seasons. His 3 pt % is actually worse than it was his rookie season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, nobody is coming in and holding LBJ and Russ accountable UNLESS they have the blessing of those players.

That requires a give and take.

Many coaches aren’t cut out for that.
Agree....Ty Lue used to rip Lebron publicly in meetings. No way Blatt would have gotten away with that. I mean, he'd get away....but Lebron wouldn't listen.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny about sonic

In the late 90s and early 2000s they blasted ads in my area growing up (northern ct), but the closest sonic was in nj

We didn’t get one in ct until like 2005
They have a strawberry cheesecake shake that is SUPER YUMMY.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely projected as a playoff team next season even with the majority of their roster in flux (again). It will take some major wins this summer in free agency and the trade market to project them for any kind of favorite status (Warriors, Suns and Grizz likely projected as the top 3 in the West, but that's a separate question. Get Lebron/AD in the tournament healthy and anything can happen.
Who are you leaping?

Every one of the top 7 teams are better.

The Clippers didn't make the playoffs and you definitely aren't leaping them, with the same caveat on health.

Even if Zion Dnp's-super husky again....

Are you clearly better than the Pelicans?

I don't think you are a lock to make the playoffs at all.

Shit, I don't think the Clippers are either because you can't trust Davis nor Kawhi's bodies.

Especially if the Spurs actually land a difference maker with all that cap space this Summer.

Projected and lock are not the same, I know.

But, if you trot out that same big 3, I don't see how either applies to the Lakers.

Last edited: