• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s tough bc Shaq has to guard Joel on the perimeter, nobody is a match for Shaq except Hakeem or KAJ but Joel has the big body to defend.
Who is guarding Giannis? LOL probably the biggest mismatch from a rebouding standpoint as well. Good luck.
A lot of length, size and shooting for Lebron’s team. Magic also a big mismatch on the block against Curry. Shaq clogging up the paint with no perimeter shooting except Bird.
The switch pick n roll defense is good for both teams but favors Lebron’s.
Pretty even overall but if Lebron’s team gets hot from outside, it’s gonna be tough to beat them.
What rules are we using? Huge factor.
For a game like this, I would want to see playground rules, call your own fouls.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s tough bc Shaq has to guard Joel on the perimeter, nobody is a match for Shaq except Hakeem or KAJ but Joel has the big body to defend.
Who is guarding Giannis? LOL probably the biggest mismatch from a rebouding standpoint as well. Good luck.
A lot of length, size and shooting for Lebron’s team. Magic also a big mismatch on the block against Curry. Shaq clogging up the paint with no perimeter shooting except Bird.
The switch pick n roll defense is good for both teams but favors Lebron’s.
Pretty even overall but if Lebron’s team gets hot from outside, it’s gonna be tough to beat them.
What rules are we using? Huge factor.
Another factor that can’t be overlooked is that many on the LeBron team have lived in the shadow of Jordan being the GOAT. LeBron has that head to head comparison and everybody else idolized the guy. Does that eat them up or give them another gear?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another factor that can’t be overlooked is that many on the LeBron team have lived in the shadow of Jordan being the GOAT. LeBron has that head to head comparison and everybody else idolized the guy. Does that eat them up or give them another gear?
I don’t think that matters. These are veteran players at this point.
For a game like this, I would want to see playground rules, call your own fouls.
I don’t think it matters either way. All these guys take hits and finish with power. Guys like Bird and Magic will have to finish over 7 footers that have more athleticism than he has ever seen in his career. Going to change his shot trajectory. I dont care how great of a defender you are, if you have size over a guy you can shoot over him

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably wild but even though Steph is the shit I hate him in these kind of matchups.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Sonics in CA, @trojanfan12 but when you get to FL....try The Big Dill cheeseburger. Pleasantly surprised.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Sonics in CA, @trojanfan12 but when you get to FL....try The Big Dill cheeseburger. Pleasantly surprised.

No Sonics in Cali? I have 2 within a 10 minute drive from my house depending on which way I go.

Might try it. Not really a fan of their food though. I only go there for the occasional shake.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Sonics in Cali? I have 2 within a 10 minute drive from my house depending on which way I go.

Might try it. Not really a fan of their food though. I only go there for the occasional shake.
Yeah, last one I personally saw was in Biloxi. And that was years ago...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shameful fast food place I actually like: Arby's, for real.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ya got? If they’re keeping score and Michael Jordan’s playing, I’m taking his team.

Oh my goodness.

This is probably the toughest who ya got that I have ever seen.

But, old heads.

For shits and giggles, can I swap out Shaq for Dream?

It would be more fun to see Joel try to check another guy with outstanding foot work, defense and vice versa.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3 within 2 blocks in AZ.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really would want to see what this looks like. A whole lotta alphas. Magic and LeBron would be perfectly content deferring and getting people off. Curry is going to get hunted. Who does he actually guard in that group? Even though Curry has earned his place on this team maybe we can think of a guy who would present a better matchup. Maybe Kawhi with the luxury of LeBron running point forward? I think KD could out play Bird. Jordan and Kobe could take turns playing iso ball on trips. Those guys are the best buckets that I’ve seen in my lifetime. Embiid Shaq would just be bloody and gruesome. I gotta give Shaq the edge there cause I’ve seen Embiid cry. I don’t think Shaq has tear ducts. Giannis is a huge mismatch but I think Magic might have a thing or two for him.
They are 2 big or 2 athletic for Curry to guard.

He'd also have them running around like chickens with their heads cutoff, chasing him around screens.

But, prime defensive Jordan would gleefully take the Pepsi challenge of guarding him.

You could try to put Bird on KD.

But, who checks LeBron or Giannis?

Despite him being a Laker, Magic is one of my top 2 favorite players of all time.

He'd get cooked on defense.

They are way to.athletic.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmmmmm......don't remember any Sonic's in the IE or LA County.

Love their Coney dogs and that pickely cheeseburger was good.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are 2 big or 2 athletic for Curry to guard.

He'd also have them running around like chickens with their heads cutoff, chasing him around screens.

But, prime defensive Jordan would gleefully take the Pepsi challenge of guarding him.

You could try to put Bird on KD.

But, who checks LeBron or Giannis?

Despite him being a Laker, Magic is one of my top 2 favorite players of all time.

He'd get cooked on defense.

They are way to.athletic.

Yeah, first thought was the Older team easily.

But, if you actually stop to consider skill sets and matchups? I am actually starting to think the current crew might win.

Especially if they play modern rules. Current team can play zone and leave Curry at the top. So much athletic length it would be tough to get high percentage looks.

On the other side, matchups are more of an issue. More perimeter skill and more dynamic length to contend with.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really would want to see what this looks like. A whole lotta alphas. Magic and LeBron would be perfectly content deferring and getting people off. Curry is going to get hunted. Who does he actually guard in that group? Even though Curry has earned his place on this team maybe we can think of a guy who would present a better matchup. Maybe Kawhi with the luxury of LeBron running point forward? I think KD could out play Bird. Jordan and Kobe could take turns playing iso ball on trips. Those guys are the best buckets that I’ve seen in my lifetime. Embiid Shaq would just be bloody and gruesome. I gotta give Shaq the edge there cause I’ve seen Embiid cry. I don’t think Shaq has tear ducts. Giannis is a huge mismatch but I think Magic might have a thing or two for him.
I agree with this.

Shaq doesn't have tear ducts? You missed him on TNT a few days after Kobe's passing? Fucking heartbreaking. Ernie thought he couldn't continue until Shaq stopped him so he could finish saying what he had to say.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still talking about the Lakers potential coach? Who the fuck cares if they still have Russ, if AD still can’t stay healthy…none of it matters.

Because they've won a championship more recently than anyone other than the Bucks?