• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He absolutely does not look like a 4 star recruit at this point.

If he had any other name, Cleveland St would be his ceiling, not one and done to the league.

With that being said, nepotism is a thing in every career field.

Scott Eastwood, Bryce Dallas Howard all got their Movie starts because of their famous fathers.

But, they are actually doing something with that headstart.

Maybe Bronny can too.
Bronny might turn into a useful pro but odds are his 'doing something' will be landing LeBron for some team for the last couple years he plays.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Atkinson was kinda rigid and better suited for the kiddie corps Lakers, pre-Lebron.

Heard Stotts was the polar opposite of Vogel * No defense, all offense * and kinda passive.

Heard Ham definitely will need a very strong associate head coach like Nash had with D'Antoni. But, he at least has the players respect.

All 3 have warts.

All 3 have pluses as well.
Nah Mecca. The Lakers need rigidity at this point. Maybe discipline is a better word because that item alone separates out all of the bullshit that this franchise is swimming in, presently. If they don't want to play D, then demand a trade and get your ass on up outta here!!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah Mecca. The Lakers need rigidity at this point. Maybe discipline is a better word because that item alone separates out all of the bullshit that this franchise is swimming in, presently. If they don't want to play D, then demand a trade and get your ass on up outta here!!
I want Atkinson too.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That works better with youngsters.

His way or the highway won't work with Lebron.

Which is probably why rumors have Ham as his preference.

.....and also why Durant and Kyrie wanted him gone.

Some guys don't want to be held accountable.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That works better with youngsters.

His way or the highway won't work with Lebron.

Which is probably why rumors have Ham as his preference.

.....and also why Durant and Kyrie wanted him gone.

Some guys don't want to be held accountable.

Yeah, nobody is coming in and holding LBJ and Russ accountable UNLESS they have the blessing of those players.

That requires a give and take.

Many coaches aren’t cut out for that.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if your name is Phil Jackson who wants to trade James and some say AD as well. Atkinson is a Phil Jackson type of coach. Ham is a Lebron type of coach and the crazy-ass FO is reluctant to go down the path of this past year again.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if your name is Phil Jackson who wants to trade James and some say AD as well. Atkinson is a Phil Jackson type of coach. Ham is a Lebron type of coach and the crazy-ass FO is reluctant to go down the path of this past year again.

Phil Jackson wasn’t a rigid my way or the highway coach either.

He absolutely treated his star players as partners.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit lance. If you were not running the triangle, he was on your ass.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL.

The man coached Dennis Rodman effectively. And not the “yes sir” version who played for Chuck Daly.

Phil let Rodman do whatever the hell he wanted as long as he showed up to the games and played hard.

He held players accountable for certain things to be sure on the court, but he was in no way shape or form the type rigid, my way or the highway coach you seem to think he is.

Even then, the Triangle is a read and react offense that gives the players a lot of opportunity to improvise.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said Jackson was my-way or the-highway coach. That was your phrase. You do this routinely. You interpret somebody's post and then attach your interpretation to them. I stated he was a coach of discipline which means if you satisfy certain conditions you'll continue to play. If you don't, you won't. To a player, even Kobe said that Jackson requires/d discipline. Now was he as stern as a Riley? No.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said Jackson was my-way or the-highway coach. That was your phrase. You do this routinely. You interpret somebody's post and then attach your interpretation to them. I stated he was a coach of discipline which means if you satisfy certain conditions you'll continue to play. If you don't, you won't. To a player, even Kobe said that Jackson requires/d discipline. Now was he as stern as a Riley? No.

Every good coach requires discipline to some level.

I wasn’t the one who first used that phrase, it was @Mecca.

And if that is a misinterpretation if your meaning, then my bad. But you did use the word “rigidity”, and I really don’t think that works with with established vets like LeBron and Russ.

But of course they need a coach who can hold them accountable to certain things.

It just takes the right person and a whole lot of skill to get them to buy in.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every good coach requires discipline to some level.

I wasn’t the one who first used that phrase, it was @Mecca.

And if that is a misinterpretation if your meaning, then my bad. But you did use the word “rigidity”, and I really don’t think that works with with established vets like LeBron and Russ.

But of course they need a coach who can hold them accountable to certain things.

It just takes the right person and a whole lot of skill to get them to buy in.
Yep.

I used that word.

And, that is exactly the way I meant it when I did.

Apparently, he had very little flexibility with the way he wanted things done and that's what got him the hook in Brooklyn.

Maybe that's why Lakers fans want him.

They do need someone to tell the Rambi and Phil to stop meddling.

I just think it might also chafe the vets.

But, maybe not....its not like they have a roster full of Kyries.

The Nets say they “mutually parted ways” with Kenny Atkinson. Reality says the players got him fired, by ineffectiveness or insurrection.

But Atkinson didn’t get the players’ best, some underperforming for him and others undercutting him. Having stars such as Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving on the team put a target on Atkinson’s back, and sources say it was Irving who put the knife in it.

This had apparently been brewing for some time. And despite the Nets being a modest 28-34, this is more player-driven than results-driven.

“Kenny and I had these pretty frank conversations. And it wasn’t last night, 24 hours; there wasn’t one game,” Marks said. “This was a culmination of events over the course of the year. Kenny’s brutally honest, and the humility he showed to admit ‘My voice is not what it once was here. It’s time.’

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12

If only Twitter was around in his heyday.

This is gentle in comparison to most.

"I get in and Chuck Daly has me starting one time and Larry looks around and goes, 'Oh, what's up Sal?' I said, 'Nothing.' He goes, 'You on me?' I said, 'Yeah, I got size on you right now I've been watching every move.' He goes, 'Y'all not double-teaming?' I go, 'Nah, it's just me fella.'"

"He goes, 'Mouse in the house,' and they change the play and he catches the ball and does this (jab step) and he shoots it and says, 'Sal, you better ask for a double team, bruh.'"

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's not exactly true. Phil often, not only allowed his star players (MJ, Pippen, Kobe, Shaq, even Pau) to play outside the triangle, but encouraged it at times.

There's a reason that not everyone can coach a superstar. Superstars are at the level they are because they are special players who can do things no one else can do. Because of that, they need to be allowed to operate outside of the teams system at times because being forced to stay in the system can be a detriment to the team winning. It suppresses that ''specialness''.

A rigid coach isn't going to work with a team with veteran superstars.

Last edited:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough but hard to go against that MJ team
I really would want to see what this looks like. A whole lotta alphas. Magic and LeBron would be perfectly content deferring and getting people off. Curry is going to get hunted. Who does he actually guard in that group? Even though Curry has earned his place on this team maybe we can think of a guy who would present a better matchup. Maybe Kawhi with the luxury of LeBron running point forward? I think KD could out play Bird. Jordan and Kobe could take turns playing iso ball on trips. Those guys are the best buckets that I’ve seen in my lifetime. Embiid Shaq would just be bloody and gruesome. I gotta give Shaq the edge there cause I’ve seen Embiid cry. I don’t think Shaq has tear ducts. Giannis is a huge mismatch but I think Magic might have a thing or two for him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ya got? If they’re keeping score and Michael Jordan’s playing, I’m taking his team.

That’s tough bc Shaq has to guard Joel on the perimeter, nobody is a match for Shaq except Hakeem or KAJ but Joel has the big body to defend.
Who is guarding Giannis? LOL probably the biggest mismatch from a rebouding standpoint as well. Good luck.
A lot of length, size and shooting for Lebron’s team. Magic also a big mismatch on the block against Curry. Shaq clogging up the paint with no perimeter shooting except Bird.
The switch pick n roll defense is good for both teams but favors Lebron’s.
Pretty even overall but if Lebron’s team gets hot from outside, it’s gonna be tough to beat them.
What rules are we using? Huge factor.