• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's happening with Levert and Sexton?

Between Tennis, Thor Movie, UFC...

I haven't been paying attention to free agency the last 2 days.
I have no idea whats happening with LeVert and Sexton.

What I suspect:

1. Sexton: The Cavs leverage has always been he is an RFA. He wants more money than they are offering. They will either wait until his price comes down- or he signs an offer sheet elsewhere and then decide whether or not to match. The only issue for Sexton is- I dont know any teams beside Indiana- that have cap space for a significant offer sheet- and Indiana already has a bevy of guards- and Sexton and Halliburton are fairly redundant in some ways. Dallas has been linked but I dont think they have cap space- and I am not sure how they could get to 20+ million in cap space.

2. LeVert: Cavs are not in a hurry to extend him. I think they will watch the trade landscape and see if they can get in on a major deal. Remember- this is the team that stole Allen in the Harden/Nets/Houston deal not too long ago. If they can be opportunistic and land someone, or some picks, they will do it.

3. As I quoted Windhorst and I have posted about twice---- resigning Sexton and extending LeVert are things a typical team in the CAvs spot would do. If they do not do those things, it means they are looking to preserve cap space for next summer with the eye possibly on a certain free agent that grew up about 20 miles south of Cleveland.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love wwe

Well not modern wwe.

Still entertaining but not 90s level epic shit

But money in the bank is tonight and I look forward to it
My top 5 .....

Taker, Non-drunk Jeff Hardy, Savage, Rock, 3:16.

WCW Flair was the shit.

So were the Von Erichs.

But, not my favs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's happening with Levert and Sexton?

Between Tennis, Thor Movie, UFC...

I haven't been paying attention to free agency the last 2 days.
Probably nothing with Levert as he's signed. Heard Dallas was going to offer Sexton $21-22 mil per. Not sure what Cavs are going to do. Think would match as nothing Dallas could give that we'd want in a sign and trade.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morey is so uninventive. This may actually be the agreement to get Harden to take less than his opt in this year. Tucker House Gordon are all Harden guys. At the end of the day, I’m on board though. I want the best they can get out of the Harden investment. My only kick back on this is that if 2022-23 Harden is going to work it’s going to be very different from 2018 Harden. These guys played with that Harden. They like everyone else haven’t played yet with what should be a new Harden if dude is honest about who he is right now.

1656791025472.png

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably nothing with Levert as he's signed. Heard Dallas was going to offer Sexton $21-22 mil per. Not sure what Cavs are going to do. Think would match as nothing Dallas could give that we'd want in a sign and trade.
I saw that- and if people are writing about it- I have to assume its possible.

The cap is about 123 million

Dallas:

Doncic: 37
Dinwiddie: 18
Hardaway Jr.: 19
Bertains: 16
Wood (who they just traded for): 14
Finney-Smith: 12M
Powell: 11M
Bullock: 10M
Green: 3M

That is 140 with just those players. They will also have some small cap holds. Kleber and Ntilikina have team options for a combined 11M that I guess they are saying no to.

How do they get to about 100M in cap to offer Sexton around 20-23?

I dont know.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morey is so uninventive. This may actually be the agreement to get Harden to take less than his opt in this year. Tucker House Gordon are all Harden guys. At the end of the day, I’m on board though. I want the best they can get out of the Harden investment. My only kick back on this is that if 2022-23 Harden is going to work it’s going to be very different from 2018 Harden. These guys played with that Harden. They like everyone else haven’t played yet with what should be a new Harden if dude is honest about who he is right now.
He is the GM equivalent of Klutch Sports.

All my guys on whatever team I run.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dallas:

That is 140 with just those players. They will also have some small cap holds. Kleber and Ntilikina have team options for a combined 11M that I guess they are saying no to.

I dont know.
Did Brunson actually sign or did he agree to terms?

Sign and trade gives them a big trade exception to acquire Sexton and you'd be able to get something in return if you choose not to match.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the GM equivalent of Klutch Sports.

All my guys on whatever team I run.
I really like Tucker House Melton as role guys. They are two way guys and the Sixers biggest issue last season was that they didn’t have that roster construction around the Harden deal. That’s the impact of waiting out Simmons. You know where I am on how to allocate the Harris asset.
1. Facilitate with KD trade
2. Harrison Barnes
I would place this Gordon option at no better than my 3rd favorite option. I don’t know what he has in the tank. And he’s not the same defender he once was. I’ll take Barnes length and M Bridges all NBA caliber defense over that guy to round out Maxey Harden Embiid. Wouldn’t hate the Gordon move just think there’s better worth exploring.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Brunson actually sign or did he agree to terms?

Sign and trade gives them a big trade exception to acquire Sexton and you'd be able to get something in return if you choose not to match.
right....that makes sense I suppose......not sure what we would really want from Dallas to be honest. I guess they could trade Kleber and we can decline the option, and take back some other salary like Powell to make it work- and ask for a couple picks.

I wonder if Sexton would really bolt for an extra 2-3 million a year. I wonder if the Cavs would just call Dallas' bluff and try and force them to get the cap room. I really dont see how they get to it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dallas:

I dont know.
Pretty impossible. They need a sign-and-trade and a 3rd team bc they dont have the assets-bad contracts

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is tons going on this time of year in sports: There is baseball of course; If you need basketball, there is the G-League and the WNBA; And there is the NHL Draft. I follow baseball and of course Racing in all of its forms like F-1, NHRA, IndyCar, and NASCAR. Ya have to be a motorhead of sorts. Man, some of you really are myopically bored!