• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright all you blood thirsty UFC people give me your best bets tonight, I’m in Vegas.
Don't bet on this...

But, I got Cannonier and Valkonoski.

Love Max Holloway and thought he won the last fight.

But, I got Volk.

As for Izzy....Cannonier came down from heavy weight.

So, he has power.

If he gets hands on Adesanya.... Izzy will get slept.

If Izzy fights at a distance, Cannonier will get starched if it goes to a decision.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is tons going on this time of year in sports: There is baseball of course; If you need basketball, there is the G-League and the WNBA; And there is the NHL Draft. I follow baseball and of course Racing in all of its forms like F-1, NHRA, IndyCar, and NASCAR. Ya have to be a motorhead of sorts. Man, some of you really are myopically bored!
Yeah, I like a variety of sports too.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't bet on this...

But, I got Cannonier and Valkonoski.

Love Max Holloway and thought he won the last fight.

But, I got Volk.

As for Izzy....Cannonier came down from heavy weight.

So, he has power.

If he gets hands on Adesanya.... Izzy will get slept.

If Izzy fights at a distance, Cannonier will get starched if it goes to a decision.

Only one I’m for sure betting so far is Volk, trying to find something with a little odds.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that- and if people are writing about it- I have to assume its possible.

The cap is about 123 million

Dallas:

Doncic: 37
Dinwiddie: 18
Hardaway Jr.: 19
Bertains: 16
Wood (who they just traded for): 14
Finney-Smith: 12M
Powell: 11M
Bullock: 10M
Green: 3M

That is 140 with just those players. They will also have some small cap holds. Kleber and Ntilikina have team options for a combined 11M that I guess they are saying no to.

How do they get to about 100M in cap to offer Sexton around 20-23?

I dont know.
Not sure how the rules work, but at what point do they need to have the cap room to sign him? would it be before we decided not to match or right before they actually sign him? a different time?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how the rules work, but at what point do they need to have the cap room to sign him? would it be before we decided not to match or right before they actually sign him? a different time?
Its a good question I was thinking of myself.

I find it hard to believe that you can sign someone to an offer sheet without the requisite cap space to actually sign them ya know?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I find it hard to believe that you can sign someone to an offer sheet without the requisite cap space to actually sign them ya know?

I think you can dump it during the matching period

But not sure

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My first thought...then OTOH doesn't seem fair to be required to get to where Dallas needs to be but then we match the offer.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shit too rich for my blood. Smoking some Gorilla Glue and some Monster Cookie this holiday weekend

Fucking lightweight. :heh:

Just kidding. I've had my marijuana card for about 12 years now. This is the first time I've ever bought that stuff. Figured since it's a holiday weekend why not make it a little better.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll never root against this kid…

FWsBbkdWIAoKnXn

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can dump it during the matching period

But not sure
I was thinking that too- but what happens if you are not able to dump it? That is what gets me thinking you have to have the space available.

I think what happens is that Sexton and his agent say- we have a deal with the Mavs we want---- they will work to get an offer sheet if you do not do a sign and trade.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Offer sheets

When a restricted free agent wants to sign with another team, he and the new team sign an offer sheet. The terms of that deal — which must be for at least two seasons — are given to the player’s original team, which has two days to match. If the team matches, then the player is under contract with his original team, but at the principal terms of the offer sheet. If the team passes on matching within two days, the player is under contract with the new team.

If the player for some reason refuses to report for a physical with the original team within two days of the match, the first refusal exercise notice is in play until the player reports. The original team also can withdraw its first refusal exercise notice if the player doesn’t report for a physical. At that point, the notice and the offer sheet are invalidated and the player becomes a restricted free agent again. He cannot sign with or be acquired by the offer sheet team for one year.

The team making the offer must have enough salary cap room for the offer sheet and must maintain that room until the offer sheet becomes official or the original team exercises the right of first refusal. The original team cannot match an offer greater than its salary cap room. That original team must have room for both the regular salary and any unlikely bonuses the offer sheet includes.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking that too- but what happens if you are not able to dump it? That is what gets me thinking you have to have the space available.

I think what happens is that Sexton and his agent say- we have a deal with the Mavs we want---- they will work to get an offer sheet if you do not do a sign and trade.

It’s an invalid contract

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best weekend for UFC and I am out of town