• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexton saw what those 2 got and is going to want to get paid also.
It is already reported he wanted $20M-$22M before those two were signed. Anything under $20M is a steal imo

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It definitely sucks to lose GP2, but he's earned every penny he'll be getting. He went undrafted, bounced around the NBA and G-League for years, through multiple roster cuts and finally secured himself a 3 year 28M deal. I always thought his market was around 3 yrs 30 and he got just a little less.

I read since the season has ended that the Warriors would prioritize Looney first, then GP2. Given the nature of the Warriors roster, it's at least understandable that they prioritized Looney. But damn, this sucks to see him go. I don't think his production is easily replaced. He's a legit menace on defense. On top of that he came back early in the finals from a fractured elbow. The Warriors don't beat the Celtics without him.

We're going to have to hope Moody is ready for regular rotation minutes.
Need to keep Looney.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It definitely sucks to lose GP2, but he's earned every penny he'll be getting. He went undrafted, bounced around the NBA and G-League for years, through multiple roster cuts and finally secured himself a 3 year 28M deal. I always thought his market was around 3 yrs 30 and he got just a little less.

I read since the season has ended that the Warriors would prioritize Looney first, then GP2. Given the nature of the Warriors roster, it's at least understandable that they prioritized Looney. But damn, this sucks to see him go. I don't think his production is easily replaced. He's a legit menace on defense. On top of that he came back early in the finals from a fractured elbow. The Warriors don't beat the Celtics without him.

We're going to have to hope Moody is ready for regular rotation minutes.

Couldn’t gs have matched that?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my concern even with Kyrie on the roster. Unless they have virtually perfect health you're taking a lot of L's when one or more of your stars are out.

Thats the spot the Lakers are in having no first round type young players to fill out the roster.

Yep. We know AD and Lebron are going to miss some games and it's likely Kyrie will too. If they can have at least 2 of them for most games, they should be okay. If they lose 2 of 3 for any significant time...they are going to be in trouble.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn’t gs have matched that?

The Warriors could have gone above the Blazers offer. I think they had early bird rights which means they could have spent up to 10.5M (give or take a little bit).

But the Warriors are so far over the cap that if they matched the Blazers contract, including tax, it would for the Warriors effectively be a 3 year 68M deal.

Now here's my issue: We've been hearing all summer about how much money the Warriors are making. So now we have to see what this means when dealing with Looney. But the bigger picture is here is how does this savings now impact future deals for Wiggins and Poole. Perhaps the Warriors are forgoing some additional tax spending now to offset in the future? That's the only thing fathomable by letting GP2 walk.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors roster right now:

Playmakers: Steph, Poole, Hollins
Wings: Klay, Wiggins, Moody, Lee
Bigs: Draymond, Kuminga, Baldwin, Wiseman

It's going to be be interesting who else rounds out the roster. The Warriors are banking on big years from young guys like Moody, Kuminga and Wiseman.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors roster right now:

Playmakers: Steph, Poole, Hollins
Wings: Klay, Wiggins, Moody, Lee
Bigs: Draymond, Kuminga, Baldwin, Wiseman

It's going to be be interesting who else rounds out the roster. The Warriors are banking on big years from young guys like Moody, Kuminga and Wiseman.
Yeah going to need more help from the younger guys. A lot more competition this year barring more injuries.

Clips
Nuggets
Suns with possibly KD
Lakers with possibly Kyrie
Grizz
TWolves
Pelicans with Zion

I still see the Warriors better than most of those but Clips, Nugs and Suns look really good on paper right now as well.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Warren is interested in the Cavs they can ship Osman or Windler to Indy to open up the full MLE. Just depends if a player is interested, I would prefer a wing

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors could have gone above the Blazers offer. I think they had early bird rights which means they could have spent up to 10.5M (give or take a little bit).

But the Warriors are so far over the cap that if they matched the Blazers contract, including tax, it would for the Warriors effectively be a 3 year 68M deal.

Now here's my issue: We've been hearing all summer about how much money the Warriors are making. So now we have to see what this means when dealing with Looney. But the bigger picture is here is how does this savings now impact future deals for Wiggins and Poole. Perhaps the Warriors are forgoing some additional tax spending now to offset in the future? That's the only thing fathomable by letting GP2 walk.

Well they also didn’t use the mle last year

So it does seem like they have some limits they are working with at some level. Even if it’s long term smoothing of tax payments

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gallo deal doesn’t matter if he doesn’t unpucker tatum’s sphincter