• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird how he was so disappointed when he was traded there but then he ended up loving that. Gotta give it to Koby and Bickerstaff for creating the right environment.
totally......its a good sign to the rets of the league

Rubio was totally bummed about being traded to the Cavs--- and was thinking of not even playing or demanding a trade out

he liked it so much he wants back in and takes a pretty team friendly deal.

I am telling you--- besides Porter which was a calculated late first round gamble--- the Cavs are taking a certain kind of person and player. They might not always draft the absolute best talent, but they are drafting great guys with great work ethics that want to be here.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For who though? I'm sure the Wolves are pushing Russell, but what does Utah need with him, with Mitchell and Conley making solid money starting in the backcourt. I doubt Beasley/Bev gets a deal done, does Kessler move the needle at all for Utah?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing deal. They got Allen for $20M/year, now Rubio for $6M/year.

If they can get Sexton for $16-$18M that would be a steal. Simons got $25M, Brunson got $27M

Is Dallas going to be in on Sexton now?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they can get Sexton for $16-$18M that would be a steal. Simons got $25M, Brunson got $27M
or do they let Sexton go...do not give LeVert in extension- and go into next summer with enough wiggle room to be able to get to a place to sign LeBron?

as i said- thats what Windhorst reported.

To repeat myself- he said look at 2 things for the Cavs plans--- what happens with resigning Sexton and extending LeVert. He said a young team would usually do both. He said if they dont- there is a reason for it- and that reason is rather self explanatory.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rubio was set on returning to the Cavs.....thats what everything I have read said- that he really enjoyed it here and was devastated when he got hurt.

There's something a little untoward about trading away an injured player then resigning that same injured player back a few months later. Seems like a loophole the NBA missed.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Dallas going to be in on Sexton now?
maybe- i saw a report that they would- i saw a report that with Hardaway and Dinwiddie making significant money- that they would not be trying to add a small guard to the back court with Hardaway, Dinwiddie and Doncic.

really- Dallas seems to be the only team with possible interest and possible cap space.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe- i saw a report that they would- i saw a report that with Hardaway and Dinwiddie making significant money- that they would not be trying to add a small guard to the back court with Hardaway, Dinwiddie and Doncic.

really- Dallas seems to be the only team with possible interest and possible cap space.
Russ for Love/Sexton!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or do they let Sexton go...do not give LeVert in extension- and go into next summer with enough wiggle room to be able to get to a place to sign LeBron?

as i said- thats what Windhorst reported.

To repeat myself- he said look at 2 things for the Cavs plans--- what happens with resigning Sexton and extending LeVert. He said a young team would usually do both. He said if they dont- there is a reason for it- and that reason is rather self explanatory.
Or they can sign Sexton on a 1 and 1 or something to still have that wiggle room. Not sure he will go for that but never underestimate Koby

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It definitely sucks to lose GP2, but he's earned every penny he'll be getting. He went undrafted, bounced around the NBA and G-League for years, through multiple roster cuts and finally secured himself a 3 year 28M deal. I always thought his market was around 3 yrs 30 and he got just a little less.

I read since the season has ended that the Warriors would prioritize Looney first, then GP2. Given the nature of the Warriors roster, it's at least understandable that they prioritized Looney. But damn, this sucks to see him go. I don't think his production is easily replaced. He's a legit menace on defense. On top of that he came back early in the finals from a fractured elbow. The Warriors don't beat the Celtics without him.

We're going to have to hope Moody is ready for regular rotation minutes.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do they even have the cap to offer Sexton? I don't think so and a sign-and-trade doesn't make sense bc CLE wants cap space for next year, all their contracts are multi-year deal-Dinwiddie, Bertans, etc.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only so much you can do with the money they have available. When they won the bubble title, most didnt think they had enough shooting. But it turned out that having a healthy AD and Lebron gave everyone else such wide open looks, their shooters were able to knock down more shots. That and the defense they played, got them a title.

They will have to try to do the same thing with this team.

That's my concern even with Kyrie on the roster. Unless they have virtually perfect health you're taking a lot of L's when one or more of your stars are out.

Thats the spot the Lakers are in having no first round type young players to fill out the roster.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sexton saw what those 2 got and is going to want to get paid also.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For who though? I'm sure the Wolves are pushing Russell, but what does Utah need with him, with Mitchell and Conley making solid money starting in the backcourt. I doubt Beasley/Bev gets a deal done, does Kessler move the needle at all for Utah?
Mitchell is getting dealt. Miami made an offer. Maybe there, maybe somewhere else.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they even have the cap to offer Sexton? I don't think so and a sign-and-trade doesn't make sense bc CLE wants cap space for next year, all their contracts are multi-year deal-Dinwiddie, Bertans, etc.
You can go over the cap to sign a player you drafted.