• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that he was with the Spurs is encouraging. So we at least know that he's been coached well.

As I've posted, Kyries most sane/best years have been with Lebron. Hopefully, Lebron can still get past the voices in Kyries head. Not too worried about Kyrie changing his mind. The Lakers will still be in position to where they will have some decent cap space to work with going into 2023 FA since either Westbrook or Kyrie will be expiring. Kyrie just gives them a better shot at winning this year as long as he stays relatively sane.

Short of Pelinka having some incriminating pictures of another GM or owner...not much chance of anything else materializing.

It is true about Kyrie’s sane years.

But, do you really think that was a product of LeBron’s leadership?

Or was it just that he was a young player still working to prove himself and find his place?

I think it is a lot more likely the later. Kyrie don’t listen to anybody.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the point.

All the reporting leading up to free agency was that they were okay with that.

Payton definitely less of a priority because I think Kuminga can play that role and offer more offensive upside as he develops.
I see Kuminga as replacing Porter's role not Payton's

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be back to 90% of the old Harden. Better shape and a healthier hammy and he'll be fine.

Think he wanted to help the team improve.

You have said this multiple times.

There is no rational reason to believe this.

He is an aging player who has a reputation for partying and not taking care of his body.

It isn’t impossible that he show up to camp in shape and plays better, but saying he will be 90% of what he was in Houston is a major reach.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... what do have against the Italian gunslinger?
Well, number 1, it’s as soon as he puts on the jersey. Rules are rules in Celtics Sixers. And dude beat me haha.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This hurts because he was one of the few playoff rotation pieces. Porter means nothing, didn't need him. This is a legit issue. Doesn't really matter in the regular season. In the playoffs you need all the defense you can get (the Ws won the finals on their defense).

He deserves every penny of course but I thought they'd be willing to pay the tax to keep him and Looney. Now it looks like Looney only. The playoffs are a long way away so the story will evolve in ways we don't see. Doesn't change their status as one of the contenders next year. But not gonna sugarcoat it, I'm bummed they didn't keep him.

You undervalue Porter.

He plays solid defense, can guard 3s and 4s and makes open shots.

That is a highly valuable piece.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Kuminga as replacing Porter's role not Payton's

Porter is a really good catch and shoot player. That isn’t Kuminga’s skill set.

While I don’t think Kuminga is going to be matched up with guys like Ja, Payton often guarded bigger wings like Tatum and Brown.

That is how Kuminga is going to need to earn his minutes next year, being that lock down wing defender.

I think he has the potential to do it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You undervalue Porter.

Masai has one of the most interesting approaches I’ve seen. This may be conspiracy theory but he really seems to be enthralled with the idea of playing the game with wings that are 6’8 - 6’10’’. And it’s got an incredible hedge built in…he’s stock piling guys at a position of need for every team in the league. Many have stated here before that the wing is currently the most valuable piece right now in basketball. He needs to swap out VanVleet for a star to really test his experiment in my opinion if you can win with a rotation of 6 to 7 wings and a star

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You undervalue Porter.

They couldn't keep everyone. Of the 3 he was the most replaceable with players they have (Kuminga, Klay, maybe even Moody). Again, they were not going to keep all 3 and I wanted Porter to be the one they didn't keep.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s why the Sixers can’t hang. Maxey would be better than any player coming back but Sixers don’t have the draft capital that Suns do. I posted my pivot earlier, Morey needs to be a shoulder to cry on for Marks. This guy has one chance to survive. Morey needs to facilitate for Bridges as he sells the analytics of Simmons/Harris. Simmons is his only asset right now. If Simmons hits he can repair his image. Harris is money and fit for a KD trade that can be really heavily slanted for picks.

Here’s the dream I just put through the trade machine:
Suns - KD
Nets - Tobias Harris, Torrey Craig, 4 1sts from Suns, 2-3 pick swaps from Suns, 2 future Sixer firsts 2 Sixers pick swaps
Sixers - Mikal Bridges, Jae Crowder, and Cam Johnson

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is true about Kyrie’s sane years.

But, do you really think that was a product of LeBron’s leadership?

Or was it just that he was a young player still working to prove himself and find his place?

I think it is a lot more likely the later. Kyrie don’t listen to anybody.

You're probably right. But as we always say with Lebron..."if there's one guy that can make it work, it's him". lol

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand why they'd move him to what will be a top 5 team in the league for first round picks.

Give me ready made talent for a superstar and a few picks.
Cause they really have no other choice.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice surprise for big depth

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s why the Sixers can’t hang. Maxey would be better than any player coming back but Sixers don’t have the draft capital that Suns do. I posted my pivot earlier, Morey needs to be a shoulder to cry on for Marks. This guy has one chance to survive. Morey needs to facilitate for Bridges as he sells the analytics of Simmons/Harris. Simmons is his only asset right now. If Simmons hits he can repair his image. Harris is money and fit for a KD trade that can be really heavily slanted for picks.

Here’s the dream I just put through the trade machine:
Suns - KD
Nets - Tobias Harris, Torrey Craig, 4 1sts from Suns, 2-3 pick swaps from Suns, 2 future Sixer firsts 2 Sixers pick swaps
Sixers - Mikal Bridges, Jae Crowder, and Cam Johnson

KD is awesome, but you have Phoenix giving way too much.

4 firsts, 2-3 swaps + Bridges and filler?

Damn.