• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. The Lakers have 2 things in their favor...

1. They have Lebron and Kyries best seasons were with him.

2. They have access to the OG sage burner in Phil Jackson. The Lakers can hire him as the team Shaman and he and Kyrie can burn the sage together.
Bring in Phil since he dealt with some characters.

LOL.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna have to lower their expectations to a certain degree.

One all star, a couple young players + picks

Why?
The Nets have all of the leverage here
Durant has 4 years left on his contract
If I'm the Nets I'm sticking to my guns of the reported 2 all stars
What's Durant going to do? pout and not want to play for the Nets?
Well that's already the case
What purpose would it serve the Nets to lower their price?
They are not going to save that franchise grief by doing that - it's a dumpster fire right now

If I'm the Nets I'm telling other teams to pound sand if they want to try and play the low ball game
I'm telling Durant the same thing
Go sit in your house for the next 4 years
oh and by the way we are going to be fining you for not playing

When it comes to Durant the Nets are in a great position

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?
They are not going to save that franchise grief by doing that - it's a dumpster fire right now

If I'm the Nets I'm telling other teams to pound sand if they want to try and play the low ball game

They shouldn't want 2 AS players for one because that will gut any team he goes to. Get a good player, maybe a nice youngster, and 4, maybe 5 picks to rebuild over a few seasons. They want to still be a playoff team after KD leaves. No team will gut their team to land him. The Nets need to think long term since their duo didn't work out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

Sure but we have seen this before. KD has his preferred destinations and I venture to say the list is short. They aren’t going to shit on him and send him to a bad team for the best package.

You think free agents will sign with them again, they already look bad. You ship him to a shit team and you wont ever see a big FA again. That would be a very stupid move and they wont do that.

I’m not saying they have to lower their price, I’m saying it could come to a point they aren’t going to get what they exactly want. It’s reality. They have leverage but again, KD has a preferred list and they are going to ship him to a contender

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but we have seen this before. KD has his preferred destinations and I venture to say the list is short. They aren’t going to shit on him and send him to a bad team for the best package.

You think free agents will sign with them again, they already look bad. You ship him and you wont ever see a big FA again. That would be a very stupid move and they wont do that.

I’m not saying they have to lower their price, I’m saying it could come to a point they aren’t going to get what they exactly what. It’s reality. They have leverage but again, KD has a preferred list and they are going to ship him to a contender
Exactly.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-Not so sure how you're confident he's not retiring as a Laker. A lot of analysts have stated he loves Los Angeles and that is the reason he originally signed. I'm not saying 100% he is but you are. There is a pretty good chance he does. He has a lot of his business interests here.

Still not a guarantee he will retire a Laker. You have to remember, he only has maybe 2-3 seasons left, at least at his current level. If a team wants him and he thinks he has a better chance at a title with them than the Lakers, he will leave.

Thats at least part of why the Lakers are willing/desperate to get him.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They shouldn't want 2 AS players for one because that will gut any team he goes to. Get a good player, maybe a nice youngster, and 4, maybe 5 picks to rebuild over a few seasons. They want to still be a playoff team after KD leaves. No team will gut their team to land him. The Nets need to think long term since their duo didn't work out.
Westbrook and Reaves, plus the picks for Kyrie and Harris works under the cap.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not a guarantee he will retire a Laker. You have to remember, he only has maybe 2-3 seasons left, at least at his current level. If a team wants him and he thinks he has a better chance at a title with them than the Lakers, he will leave.

Thats at least part of why the Lakers are willing/desperate to get him.
Sure, no guarantee he stays but MSG is acting like it's a guarantee he's gone.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 players under contract.

And Brown Jr and Toscano-Anderson are listed as SF's, we can use more guards.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to have a pain in the ass point guard...at least have one that can shoot. lol

I get it completely. Kyrie may miss half the season but at least his adds value when he plays.

OTOH, I'm not sure the Nets would want a like for like shitbird trade.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixed feelings on what the Lakers have done so far.

I like the Jones signing. He's worth a flier on as a capable center. He showed a little growth in his game last year so there's some good value there. I don't mind the Brown and Toscano-Anderson signings either (though I'm not expecting much of anything either). Younger guys, maybe something there. I like JTA as a regular season rotation player as he's shown some decent energy for the Warriors last few years. Brown might have more upside.

I do not like the Walker signing at all. The Lakers needs wings and front court help. With Lebron, you need to surround him with shooting and defense. Walker can do neither. He's pretty damn bad at defense, poor shooting with a couple of seasons cracking league average at 3. Now I get that you're not going to get quality 3 and D guys for the 6 mil the Lakers had to offer (look at what Gary Harris got for example), but you should still be able to find a guy that can shoot or a guy that can play defense. To use all of your 6 mil MLE on a guy that can do neither this early into free agency seems like a wasteful and reckless move.

But on the positive, at least they are all young. No one has AARP membership cards so at least they learned their lesson in that regard to team building.

AD2022MVP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of value FAs still remain. I wonder if Markieff Morris will make a return to the Lakers for another one or two-year deal. He played quite well for the Lakers in the Bubble Championship year (2019-2020 season) and the following season. If Griffth is not on the radar, then maybe the Lakers will wait to the G-League is further along to find a youngster who fits their new youth and athleticism approach.

I would love to get Kieff back, I don't know why we let him go in the first place.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Lowe likes the Brunson add.

Slight overpay but he can shoot, score and he's a good defender.

Said the next move they make is important.