• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where the Lakers might just pull it off. No one else really wants to give up assets for him.
Yep.

I get that they don't want to take back trash as people are calling it. But RW isn't on a long contract....it's expiring.
And a couple picks is something they can use down the line.

Or let him walk next summer for nothing.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when James retires....Irving can be the #1 and AD #2. Where AD is more comfortable.
Well, first of all James isn't for sure retiring as a Laker.

But you gotta remember the risk, the reason no one wants Kyrie. He may show up and not speak to anyone on the team. He may not re-sign there if he doesn't like how the sage burns or something.

Not saying you don't do the deal but don't act like you can just write in a happy, successful contender.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls aren’t being talked about. They have Derozan, Lavine, Vucevic, Pat Williams, White, Lonzo, Caruso, Ayo

The Nets want a lot.

Probably Lavine and DeRozan plus picks. And that may not be enough. KD with what's left over? Are they better? KD probably gotta go for 40 every night....

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets want a lot.

Probably Lavine and DeRozan plus picks. And that may not be enough. KD with what's left over? Are they better? KD probably gotta go for 40 every night....

They can't want the world. They will only get what the market gives them.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to trade for KD and leave yourself nothing.

Lavine or Derozan and Vucevic or Lonzo plus one of their young guys is probably up there with what everyone else is offering.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets want a lot.

Gonna have to lower their expectations to a certain degree.

One all star, a couple young players + picks

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But you gotta remember the risk, the reason no one wants Kyrie. He may show up and not speak to anyone on the team. He may not re-sign there if he doesn't like how the sage burns or something.

Not saying you don't do the deal but don't act like you can just write in a happy, successful contender.
Just got home.

Give me a few and I will respond.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when James retires....Irving can be the #1 and AD #2. Where AD is more comfortable.

Unless the Lakers are going to get him a brain transplant or get him a really good shrink...Kyrie will not be the #1.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1-Not so sure how you're confident he's not retiring as a Laker. A lot of analysts have stated he loves Los Angeles and that is the reason he originally signed. I'm not saying 100% he is but you are. There is a pretty good chance he does. He has a lot of his business interests here.

2-I'm an optimist, not a pessimist. I have been saying the Lakers might be the best spot for him because of his prior playing with James. And James may be able to get through to him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. The Lakers have 2 things in their favor...

1. They have Lebron and Kyries best seasons were with him.

2. They have access to the OG sage burner in Phil Jackson. The Lakers can hire him as the team Shaman and he and Kyrie can burn the sage together.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And next summer I would sign him along James timeline, not some 4 or 5 crazy deal. A shorter one.