• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he refuse to pay...or is he just impatient? It seems like he brings guy in and if they don't win fast enough, he moves on rather than look to make tweaks and/or let guys develop.

Scary Terry and a healthy Hayward would solve a lot of the Lakers issues. Don't know if it would mnake them title favorites...but it would put them squarely in the convo.

It is both.

He is too impatient to rebuild and he doesn’t have the money (or is too cheap) to pay the good players he can get.

So the end result is perpetual mediocrity.

Countdown until Melo free agency in 2028 starts now!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three way trade?

Westbrook to the Hornets
Rozier, Hayward to the Nets
Kyrie to the Lakers

Kyrie to the Lakers? If that happens he's gonna take one look at the Pacific Ocean and start his flat Earth nonsense again.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is both.

He is too impatient to rebuild and he doesn’t have the money (or is too cheap) to pay the good players he can get.

Countdown until Melo free agency in 2028 starts now! <--

Let the Melo to the Lakers talk begin!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just trade up and take my guy, Jalen Williams, Santa Clara.

Y'all fucked up getting rid of Mikal.

This would allllllmmmmmmmossssst undo that mistake.
Agree on Mikal. That was a Brett Brown led front office. They were so hell bent on getting a star they traded him for a pick they would use to acquire Harris and then eventually over pay him. Trading Bridges was so wrong on multiple levels. He’d be perfect with this group.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets aren't interested in the Lakers assets.......shocking.

Everyone knows it would need to be muti-team.

Something I’ve come to understand reading this forum is that even the Lakers don’t like the Lakers assets. Classic case of selling your soul for a title. To be fair, many teams go that route and don’t even get the title. Lakers will always have that bubble title.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something I’ve come to understand reading this forum is that even the Lakers don’t like the Lakers assets. Classic case of selling your soul for a title. To be fair, many teams go that route and don’t even get the title. Lakers will always have that bubble title.
That and some, not all, still think they can get treasure for trash or that other teams will do their work for them.

The " Westbrook can just be moved to another team for assets the Nets want * argument makes me laugh my ass off.

Because, if it were that easy, the Lakers would be able to do it themselves.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a weird way, Westbrook to the Hornets actually makes sense. They play a wide open, up and down style that Westbrook would actually fit in.

The problem would be, I don't think you would want Westbrook and LaMelo on the floor together a lot...so who swallows their pride and comes off the bench?
Who cares? Not our problem.....it would be for just 1 season anyway. Or half a season if they find a trade partner at the deadline.

:heh:

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at bubble title.....

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Harris.

Didn't you mention that yesterday?
I said Fournier would likely be a Deal breaker in a NY/Brooklyn swap because they are redundant.

Dunno anything else I said in regards to a Joe Harris trade.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is both.

Countdown until Melo free agency in 2028 starts now!
Absolutely.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said Fournier would likely be a Deal breaker in a NY/Brooklyn swap because they are redundant.

Dunno anything else I said in regards to a Joe Harris trade.
Thought you said the Nets could flip Harris if they received Fournier in return?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's another title.

You saying bubble title is acting like it's less than any other title.
Not less but definitely different. In the LeBron/AD era have they had one season where they were actually healthy when the playoffs hit? You think it’s coincidence that the one year in the era that they actually closed the deal it came with a 5 month break that allowed those guys to get healthy and stay healthy as they entered the bubble? I don’t think it’s coincidence at all. For a team built around an older LeBron and an oft injured AD surrounded by vets that break was huge for them. I think that if they don’t get that situation they don’t win that title and I’m leaning on what we know about the Lakers in this era. Hey, they won and nobody can take that away. Every title team needs a little luck along the way. That was the Lakers luck.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo Ball would look good in purple and gold when he's a FA. From Los Angeles.

:heh: