• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on Beal:
He most likely takes the 5 year $250 million from Wizards. Only reason he moves is for a championship situation. The only team with interest that can make something palpable happen for Wizards is Philly with a Tobias Harris Maxey deal.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on Beal:
He most likely takes the 5 year $250 million from Wizards. Only reason he moves is for a championship situation. The only team with interest that can make something palpable happen for Wizards is Philly with a Tobias Harris Maxey deal.

What else are you sending?

Maxey is a nice piece, but Harris has negative trade equity.

Need a couple picks to give the Wizards some value.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What else are you sending?

Maxey is a nice piece, but Harris has negative trade equity.

Need a couple picks to give the Wizards some value.
Only way it happens is if Beal demands he wants out and names only a few teams. Among those teams Harris and Maxey is the best that you’ll get. TBH, I think the Sixers lose that trade. Harden Beal back court may be one of the worst defensive back courts in the league. I don’t really want Beal. Beal Harden Embiid is just a ton of loser energy on guys who have never done shit in the playoffs. For me, Maxey should be a deal breaker. But me stepping out on this is more a reading of Morey’s MO in over valuing adding stars. I’d rather use the Harris piece to acquire more depth that rounds out the rest of the squad around Harden Embiid Maxey. In my eyes, if the Wizards are dealing Beal, they’re getting fleeced because of his short list. That’s why I’m saying he is most likely to get the 5/250 from Wizards than it is he gets traded.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,623.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way it happens is if Beal demands he wants out and names only a few teams. Among those teams Harris and Maxey is the best that you’ll get. TBH, I think the Sixers lose that trade. Harden Beal back court may be one of the worst defensive back courts in the league. I don’t really want Beal. Beal Harden Embiid is just a ton of loser energy on guys who have never done shit in the playoffs. For me, Maxey should be a deal breaker. But me stepping out on this is more a reading of Morey’s MO in over valuing adding stars. I’d rather use the Harris piece to acquire more depth that rounds out the rest of the squad around Harden Embiid Maxey. In my eyes, if the Wizards are dealing Beal, they’re getting fleeced because of his short list. That’s why I’m saying he is most likely to get the 5/250 from Wizards than it is he gets traded.
I don’t think Beal is going to make any demands until that max deal is signed, if then.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Beal is going to make any demands until that max deal is signed, if then.

And if he does…

Can’t see him demanding a deal to Philly.

Boston would be the landing spot.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if he does…

Not sure why Boston would want him when they are already guard/wing heavy. They tried a similar style attack when they acquired Fournier and it was a disaster. Beal is a much better player than Fournier but both guys are turnstiles on a team that only became a contender because of their defensive commitment. Not sure why Boston would value him to be honest.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if he does…

Plenty of options, just a matter of who has the pieces to make a deal work. Cleveland could REALLY use that level of a wing scorer, and was on a run prior to their injuries. OKC/HOU could flood them with picks.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of options, just a matter of who has the pieces to make a deal work. Cleveland could REALLY use that level of a wing scorer, and was on a run prior to their injuries. OKC/HOU could flood them with picks.
If Beal is going it’s a disgruntled player forcing his way out situation. I doubt that Cavs, OKC, or Hou is on his list.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Beal is going it’s a disgruntled player forcing his way out situation. I doubt that Cavs, OKC, or Hou is on his list.

$50M in trade value going the other way is going to impair the team he goes to. Better to find a team that can absorb some of that cap.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,623.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$50M in trade value going the other way is going to impair the team he goes to. Better to find a team that can absorb some of that cap.
The Thunder won’t give up a single asset for anyone not excited to be there, that is unless they are going to move them.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he’s traded he isn’t going to a contender for $50 mil per season. He would likely take what’s needed in a sign and trade. If he wants the full bag he stays in Washington. Any other I’m out scenario has him taking less to the tune of 25-40 mil per season.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...only if they could get Kyrie in line too. This vacc crap would need to get cleaned up and Kyrie would need to be dedicated or it's a time bomb of a situation with Lebron.
Yup.

Plus, it's not really possible to get him unless he opts in.

I actively try to avoid all salary cap discussions outside of the basics.

But, doesn't a team need to be below the hard deck to be eligible for a sign and trade?

If that's true, a team like the Clippers would need to shed salary first.

I would guess the Lakers are in a similar position once Russ opts in.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard yesterday that he actually has a team he'd like to go to. but isn't willing to say which one publicly yet.