• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DJ From the Ringer.

The Russell Westbrook interest that Marc Stein reported months back is real. Though Westbrook makes little sense as a player next to Ball, he does have an expiring contract and the Hornets could be dropping the bag for restricted free agent Miles Bridges, plus LaMelo Ball’s extension is around the corner. It’s a good time to move some other long-term salary (e.g., Gordon Hayward and Terry Rozier) for an expiring deal in Russ. They could also explore moving up from 13 and 15 into the top 10. No matter what, the Hornets should prioritize finding a big scoring wing who can complement LaMelo. Bridges is good. With him or not, the Hornets need someone.

From Shams.....

Rival executives expect Hornets restricted free agent Miles Bridges to command a maximum — or near-max — deal in July, and sources said there’s hesitancy from Charlotte to match a max sheet. Bridges had a breakout season in 2021-22, averaging 20.2 points, seven rebounds and 3.8 assists per game. In a league that saw wings such as Golden State’s Andrew Wiggins and Boston’s Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown have game-changing impacts on a run to the NBA Finals, Bridges’ two-way ability on the wing has become incredibly valued toward winning.
I knew it!!!!!!!

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His wingspan is ridiculous.

* 7'6 *

That's one of the reasons I'm so enamored with Jalen Williams from Santa Clara.

On the CBS mock draft show, they said they measured Jalen 12 times at the combine because they thought he, his agent and Santa Clara exaggerated his wingspan.

They weren't.

6'7 point forward with a 7'2 wingspan.

Yeah, you can't teach that.
Saw him a few times last season and I don't care.....I say what I say and I mean it. Reminds me of a poor man's Scottie Pippen.....kid can dish it, score, and play defense.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook for Hayward and Scary Terry...Haywards injury history scares me...but yeah, I'd do it. If he can stay healthy, Hayward goes a long to solving some of the issues the Lakers have on offense. I heard today that they had something like the 2nd highest percentage of open 3s in the league...that doesn't happen if you can actually make them.

And who doesnt love Scary Terry
Rozier is a dog.....James would love him and hopefully it would rub off on AD.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a clown. He really thinks Barkley is somehow jealous players today make more money. Dude is fucking rich as hell. He don't give two shits that stars make big bucks. Durant is salty as fuck. Wonder if something happened over the last few days that triggered him...
This.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His wingspan is ridiculous.

* 7'6 *

That's one of the reasons I'm so enamored with Jalen Williams from Santa Clara.

On the CBS mock draft show, they said they measured Jalen 12 times at the combine because they thought he, his agent and Santa Clara exaggerated his wingspan.

They weren't.

6'7 point forward with a 7'2 wingspan.

Yeah, you can't teach that.

Almost as good as THT...(6'4, 7'1 wingspan)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, I guess Lebron and Kevin Love worked out together in NY with a highly sought trainer, so we can add Love to the Lakers to the speculation list.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a clown. He really thinks Barkley is somehow jealous players today make more money. Dude is fucking rich as hell. He don't give two shits that stars make big bucks. Durant is salty as fuck. Wonder if something happened over the last few days that triggered him...
Durant is never going to live down his "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" tenure with the Warriors. Flailing like this in denial isn't helping his case.

That said, Barkley criticizing other people's rings is a laughable take. Chuck just chose the wrong teams lol.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely worth it, just sayin, Russ is a different case BUT if they somehow flipped Russ for Kyrie they would be favs to win it

Still don't see it happening, especially if the trade is sending Westbrook to the Nets...why would KD want a reunion with Westbrook?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't see it happening, especially if the trade is sending Westbrook to the Nets...why would KD want a reunion with Westbrook?
None if it makes sense even if rumors are Kyrie and Lebron "reconciled". KD + Russ and Lebron + Kyrie. Would that ever happen again and in the same trade. That is a pipeline dream

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None if it makes sense even if rumors are Kyrie and Lebron "reconciled". KD + Russ and Lebron + Kyrie. Would that ever happen again and in the same trade. That is a pipeline dream

Russ for KD fixes all those problems. Russ/Kyrie/Ben sounds like pure magic....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, Lebron and Kyrie went to what? 3 or 4 straight finals together and won a title...so the 2 of them wanting to play together again actually makes some sense. KD and Westbrook never won anything and you could see KDs frustration with him at times.

I guess Kyrie could opt out of his $36 million and go to the Lakers for their TPMLE. lol

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, gotta keep it real.

I meant, without a top free agent/trade upon signing.

I know they were trying to get Davis.

But, I thought he would pull a Kawhi.

Klaw wasn't signing first and letting them work it out later.

I thought LeBron would stay in Ohio or go to the 76ers.
Sixers could have been a player if not for a couple of factors:
Sixers were in the middle of Burner Gate with little Colangelo and were without a GM. It was pretty much Brett Brown’s show until they hired Elton Brand toward the end of the summer and then it was still a ton of Brown influence. Additionally, the family didn’t want any parts of Philly especially Mrs LeBron. I felt like at that time that if there was anyone that could unlock Ben Simmons and get him on the right arc it would have come from working with LBJ on the regular. Oh well. Just another shoulda coulda woulda for Sixers fans. I don’t think it would have ever happened unless the Sixers had a dynamic GM that could sell LeBron on a vision.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Lebron and Kyrie went to what? 3 or 4 straight finals together and won a title...so the 2 of them wanting to play together again actually makes some sense. KD and Westbrook never won anything and you could see KDs frustration with him at times.

I guess Kyrie could opt out of his $36 million and go to the Lakers for their TPMLE. lol
So long Malik!!!!!