• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Dodgers did their fair of that between the O' Malleys and the current ownership.

Yeah, he's been kind of disappointing. He's mostly been good, but just hasn't reached the level everyone thought he'd get to. To be fair, Kershaw is some big shoes to step into. Trying to be the ace after him has got to be like being the 1st baseman that followed Garvey. lol
at this point- long term- I might bet my money on Urias over Buehler. Half the time Buehler is a 5 and fly guy. He just does not consitently get deep into games--- not many do - and to a certan extent I am knit picking- hes a very good player.....but like I said- if I had to pick- I might decide to pay Urias over Buehler if I had to give a guy 6-7 year deal to keep him.

Buehler has 12 starts and has gotten past 6 innings twice.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep him, deal Markannen/Levert or Pick for John Collins.

He must really hate playing with Trey.

Otherwise, I don't get why they can't keep them both.

I was watching a front office show that said Atlanta is having a fire sale for everyone outside Young and Hunter.

Why Hunter and not Collins?
Collins is a pure PF.....thats where Mobley is- and where Love is backing up.........with Allen, Mobley, Love- they dont need another big man thats going to demand tons of money and minutes.

they need either a sf or sg---- they have options at both- but if they could put some assets together and make a deal for an elite guy at either position id be good with that.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins is a pure PF.....thats where Mobley is- and where Love is backing up.........with Allen, Mobley, Love- they dont need another big man thats going to demand tons of money and minutes.

they need either a sf or sg---- they have options at both- but if they could put some assets together and make a deal for an elite guy at either position id be good with that.
So, O.G or Dort?

Josh Hart might be cheaper.

Would love to see you look at smaller wings like Bruce Brown or Dillon Brooks too.

I'm still not out on Caris.

Lets see what they look like full strength, healthy with a full training camp.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, O.G or Dort?

Josh Hart might be cheaper.

Would love to see you look at smaller wings like Bruce Brown or Dillon Brooks too.

I'm still not out on Caris.

Lets see what they look like full strength, healthy with a full training camp.
Im not out on LeVert either. They have plenty of solid options at the 2 and 3--- Markkanen, LeVert, Okoro, Sexton.....its just that if there was a real no-doubt upgrade I would go for it. I wouldnt make a deal just to make one. Maybe Hart--- but not sure Hart is as good as LeVert--- different skill set--- yes--- but I just want the Cavs to be opportunistic- and make a deal if someone becomes available- since they def. have the assets to outbid a lot of other teams.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DJ From the Ringer.

The Russell Westbrook interest that Marc Stein reported months back is real. Though Westbrook makes little sense as a player next to Ball, he does have an expiring contract and the Hornets could be dropping the bag for restricted free agent Miles Bridges, plus LaMelo Ball’s extension is around the corner. It’s a good time to move some other long-term salary (e.g., Gordon Hayward and Terry Rozier) for an expiring deal in Russ. They could also explore moving up from 13 and 15 into the top 10. No matter what, the Hornets should prioritize finding a big scoring wing who can complement LaMelo. Bridges is good. With him or not, the Hornets need someone.

From Shams.....

Rival executives expect Hornets restricted free agent Miles Bridges to command a maximum — or near-max — deal in July, and sources said there’s hesitancy from Charlotte to match a max sheet. Bridges had a breakout season in 2021-22, averaging 20.2 points, seven rebounds and 3.8 assists per game. In a league that saw wings such as Golden State’s Andrew Wiggins and Boston’s Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown have game-changing impacts on a run to the NBA Finals, Bridges’ two-way ability on the wing has become incredibly valued toward winning.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue what the Cavs are going to do with that pick. I guess id take a good wing if a guy they like is there. Branham would be fine.

I hope they resign Sexton.

Honestly though- I wouldnt mind them trading the guy they draft and LeVert and whatever else for someone fairly big if the right deal is out there.

Love is an FA after this season....what would you do with him?

trade him?

he has been a great leader and pretty damn good off the bench. Do you resign him using Bird Rights to a smaller deal?

Cavs have a lot of pieces--- Sexton, Love, LeVert, whoever they draft, Okoro, etc.......they certainly could swing a deal if something comes around.

I see all these teams in on Kyrie like the Clips and Lakers- and I just dont see how either is possible.

If Brooklyn asked for Sexton, Love, and the first in a sign and trade do you do it? Totally ruin the chemistry and sell your sole for to the devil for that talent? I say no--- but geez......its tempting.....seeing Kyrie and Garland in the back court with Allen and Mobley in the front court......
Garland and Kyrie arent exactly the defensive guard tandem I had in mind lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know who is one of the weirdest regressions I have ever seen? Cody Bellinger. I thought that guy would be a 10 time all star. He was amazing early on. His first 2 years he was very good-----WAR of 4.2 both years--- and then a WAR of 9 in year 3.....47 bombs, 115 rbis, 121 runs, obp over .400.....that is a prime Manny Ramirez year.

and then he just fell off a cliff.......last 3 years his war is a COMBINED 0.1 (1.4, -1.5, 1.3 so far this year).

what the heck happened.

He had some lingering injuries that he played through that affected his swing and he developed some bad habits. He's been working on it and making some adjustments but he just hasn't been able to quite get it back. I'm starting to think he may not get it back...at least not all the way.

He's only 26, so there is time and he is one of the best defensive centerfielders in the game, so he will get plenty of chances...especially since they have enough bats to cover for him.

But yeah, the difference in first 3 years and last 3 years is crazy.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I was low man on Wiseman when I said he was clealry outside the top 2 in the 2020 draft.

But there's a reason he went that high.

Teams think he might be able to play in space.

Same reasno a few teams have Duren and Mark Williams as late lottery guys.
Another reason is you can't coach height/wingspan. He's got the body to be good.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at this point- long term- I might bet my money on Urias over Buehler. Half the time Buehler is a 5 and fly guy. He just does not consitently get deep into games--- not many do - and to a certan extent I am knit picking- hes a very good player.....but like I said- if I had to pick- I might decide to pay Urias over Buehler if I had to give a guy 6-7 year deal to keep him.

I cant say I disagree. Urias can be a little inconsistent himself, but not as inconsistent as Buehler. Urias can be a bit of a slow starter at times, but when he gets going, his stuff is just filthy.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Russell Westbrook interest that Marc Stein reported months back is real. Though Westbrook makes little sense as a player next to Ball, he does have an expiring contract and the Hornets could be dropping the bag for restricted free agent Miles Bridges, plus LaMelo Ball’s extension is around the corner. It’s a good time to move some other long-term salary (e.g., Gordon Hayward and Terry Rozier) for an expiring deal in Russ. They could also explore moving up from 13 and 15 into the top 10. No matter what, the Hornets should prioritize finding a big scoring wing who can complement LaMelo. Bridges is good. With him or not, the Hornets need someone.

Didn't we all just decide that Westbrook was going to the Nets for Kyrie?

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant say I disagree. Urias can be a little inconsistent himself, but not as inconsistent as Buehler. Urias can be a bit of a slow starter at times, but when he gets going, his stuff is just filthy.
Take your baseball talk outta here, white boy!

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't we all just decide that Westbrook was going to the Nets for Kyrie?
My bad.

I think I blacked the fuck out the last 2 pages of that debate...lol

If this is really on the table, and it makes sense if the Bridge's rumors are believed, would you do it?

It mucks up your cap for nest Season.

But, if Rozier can thrive next to Ball, gotta think he'd fit even better with Lebron.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you give him though? I cant see 20 million......10? 15? 3 years 45? I would do that.

I could see him wanting to be a starter again though- and going out West where he has always wanted to play though too. He wont be a starter in Cleveland with Mobley and Allen.

Yeah, 3 for $45 sounds about right. He seems to have a good thing going in Cleveland and its not like there aren't going to be playoff runs in the future if he stays.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the topic of baseball…Trout needs to ask for a trade.