• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
about 40% of top 5 picks just become dudes. That was a pretty weak draft too.

It was.

And he might be

But going to the warriors also gived him a longer leash

They turned Uber bust Wiggins into a useful player

They resurrected looney’s career…twice

And now Otto Porter is going to have a chance to get reasonably paid if he wants (with limits due to health issues)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lux is only 24......which isnt "old" for a guy in baseball to take a leap--- he does have over 650 at bats under his belt. For a guy that was a top 5 prospect he was disappointing. At one point I wanted the Tribe to trade Lindor for him straight up.

Dodgers still have a great system though- which is just crazy considering the guys they have graduated/dealt.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of someone special....

that is a 6' 7" athletic freak short stop right there. I believe he made his major league debut tonight.

Damn...even in the replay you could see that ball had some sauce on it. Hope it didn't break the 1st basemans hand. lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit...you're ruining my joke.

This is how it's supposed to go...

Me - Who are those guys?

You - The Clippers.

Me - Oh, no wonder no one knows who they are.

:gaah:
son-of-a-bitch-chris-farley.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was.

And he might be

And now Otto Porter is going to have a chance to get reasonably paid if he wants (with limits due to health issues)
I was a little down on your Sox signing Story but he- after being ice cold the first 6 weeks has been scorching. I wonder if they let Bogaretes go and let him go back to SS. Sox havent spent the big money lately. I wonder if they will decide to choose between Bogartes and dEvers. Id take Devers.

too bad Sale is making a bajillion dollars forever. At least Eovaldi has come around. Sox have a couple good young position players, but havent developed much pitching lately. Tristan Casas is supposed to be a stud at 1B eventually. I cant stand Dalbec.....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lux is only 24......which isnt "old" for a guy in baseball to take a leap--- he does have over 650 at bats under his belt. For a guy that was a top 5 prospect he was disappointing. At one point I wanted the Tribe to trade Lindor for him straight up.

Dodgers still have a great system though- which is just crazy considering the guys they have graduated/dealt.

I think it may be deeper than back in the day when the O Malleys owned them, they were known for their farm system and The Dodger Way was a thing.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
about 40% of top 5 picks just become dudes. That was a pretty weak draft too.
Edwards is better than I expected.

Good Lord, if his I.Q. improves, he will be a monster.

Glad Sexton is finally healthy.

Cavs have some decisions to make.

Hope you take Branham in the draft, unless a guy like Daniels falls.

I just love him and Santa Clara Jalen Williams.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was.

And he might be

The Mitten too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edwards is better than I expected.

Good Lord, if his I.Q. improves, he will be a monster.

Glad Seaton is finally healthy.

Cavs have some decisions to make.

Hope you take Branham in the draft, unless a guy like Daniels falls.

I just love him and Santa Clara Jason Williams.
I have no clue what the Cavs are going to do with that pick. I guess id take a good wing if a guy they like is there. Branham would be fine.

I hope they resign Sexton.

Honestly though- I wouldnt mind them trading the guy they draft and LeVert and whatever else for someone fairly big if the right deal is out there.

Love is an FA after this season....what would you do with him?

trade him?

he has been a great leader and pretty damn good off the bench. Do you resign him using Bird Rights to a smaller deal?

Cavs have a lot of pieces--- Sexton, Love, LeVert, whoever they draft, Okoro, etc.......they certainly could swing a deal if something comes around.

I see all these teams in on Kyrie like the Clips and Lakers- and I just dont see how either is possible.

If Brooklyn asked for Sexton, Love, and the first in a sign and trade do you do it? Totally ruin the chemistry and sell your sole for to the devil for that talent? I say no--- but geez......its tempting.....seeing Kyrie and Garland in the back court with Allen and Mobley in the front court......

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is an interesting talent......bigs just dont shoot/pass/rebound like that- and the Cavs have the defensive bigs in Allen and Mobley to give him some cover.....Itll be interesting. He looks like he had a ton of fun last year.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little down on your Sox signing Story but he- after being ice cold the first 6 weeks has been scorching. I wonder if they let Bogaretes go and let him go back to SS. Sox havent spent the big money lately. I wonder if they will decide to choose between Bogartes and dEvers. Id take Devers.

too bad Sale is making a bajillion dollars forever. At least Eovaldi has come around. Sox have a couple good young position players, but havent developed much pitching lately. Tristan Casas is supposed to be a stud at 1B eventually. I cant stand Dalbec.....
i have no idea what they do at the deadline.

Story was fine, but he also had almost no spring training, then missed time due to food poisoning and paternity leave. He was eventually going to get there.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it may be deeper than back in the day when the O Malleys owned them, they were known for their farm system and The Dodger Way was a thing.
yah....a lot of these big market teams do a very poor job developing talent.

when you can spend and develop- (and spend more than ANYONE like the Dodgers) you can go on a run like the Dodgers have.

At the start of the season I kind of questioned if Buehler was an ace yet and looks like I was right. I had him in fantasy a couple years ago and he fucked me so I am kinda biased--- but he seems to get hurt, and be inconstent, and then just be amazing - he goes through all 3 stretches. One thing we know at this point- he aint, and never will be Kershaw- though no one is.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has been a great leader and pretty damn good off the bench. Do you resign him using Bird Rights to a smaller deal?

Unless he ''falls off a cliff'' as far as production, they should. Sounds like he's enjoying being a mentor and the young'uns seem to like learning from him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have no idea what they do at the deadline.

Story was fine, but he also had almost no spring training, then missed time due to food poisoning and paternity leave. He was eventually going to get there.
they need bullpen so bad. Especially with Whitlock out- he was a godsend for the bullpen. Barnes has some arm talent but is just so inconsitent. Their bullpen is a wreck.

If Sale ever gets healthy- he is fine--- but still- Eovaldi, Sale, Pivetta, Wacha, Hill isnt scaring anyone.

Since Dombroski left- they have focused on development more---- but that starting pitching isnt going to win in the AL. They need a guy- but I dont see them willing to deal any of their best prospects to get one.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he ''falls off a cliff'' as far as production, they should. Sounds like he's enjoying being a mentor and the young'uns seem to like learning from him.
what do you give him though? I cant see 20 million......10? 15? 3 years 45? I would do that.

I could see him wanting to be a starter again though- and going out West where he has always wanted to play though too. He wont be a starter in Cleveland with Mobley and Allen.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue what the Cavs are going to do with that pick. I guess id take a good wing if a guy they like is there. Branham would be fine.

I hope they resign Sexton.

Honestly though- I wouldnt mind them trading the guy they draft and LeVert and whatever else for someone fairly big if the right deal is out there.

Love is an FA after this season....what would you do with him?

trade him?

Cavs have a lot of pieces--- Sexton, Love, LeVert, whoever they draft, Okoro, etc.......they certainly could swing a deal if something comes around.

I see all these teams in on Kyrie like the Clips and Lakers- and I just dont see how either is possible.

If Brooklyn asked for Sexton, Love, and the first in a sign and trade do you do it? Totally ruin the chemistry and sell your sole for to the devil for that talent? I say no--- but geez......its tempting.....seeing Kyrie and Garland in the back court with Allen and Mobley in the front court......
Yesh.

Let's start with Love....

He seems to relish in his role.

So, unless you needed him for salary matching purposes, I'd resign him for the right number.

The Kyrie trade makes me dizzy just thinking about it.

I wouldn't want to do anything to take the ball out of Garland's hands.

But, if Kyrie was willing?

I can't even wrap my mind around the chaos of trying to guard a Kyrie/Garland backcourt.

I agree about the LA teams.

Unless George or Davis is involved, which I just can't see happening.

If you couldn't make that move, how bout a combo of players, pick for John Collins?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know who is one of the weirdest regressions I have ever seen? Cody Bellinger. I thought that guy would be a 10 time all star. He was amazing early on. His first 2 years he was very good-----WAR of 4.2 both years--- and then a WAR of 9 in year 3.....47 bombs, 115 rbis, 121 runs, obp over .400.....that is a prime Manny Ramirez year.

and then he just fell off a cliff.......last 3 years his war is a COMBINED 0.1 (1.4, -1.5, 1.3 so far this year).

what the heck happened.

Dodgers do have Turner as a UFA after this year....though with Price coming off the books- they can just give him Price's money......paying Freeman, Betts, and Turner a combined over 100 million is just crazy--- but those are 3 of the best in the game......I think they have to pay Turner- esp. with Lux not doing shit.

Urias still has next year before free agency- but they are gonna have to pay him too. Buehler is a super 2----- so he has a 4th Arb. year-- lucky.... 2 more years till free agency.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is an interesting talent......bigs just dont shoot/pass/rebound like that- and the Cavs have the defensive bigs in Allen and Mobley to give him some cover.....Itll be interesting. He looks like he had a ton of fun last year.
Keep him, deal Markannen/Levert or Pick for John Collins.

He must really hate playing with Trey.

Otherwise, I don't get why they can't keep them both.

I was watching a front office show that said Atlanta is having a fire sale for everyone outside Young and Hunter.

Why Hunter and not Collins?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah....a lot of these big market teams do a very poor job developing talent.

And the Dodgers did their fair of that between the O' Malleys and the current ownership.

At the start of the season I kind of questioned if Buehler was an ace yet and looks like I was right. I had him in fantasy a couple years ago and he fucked me so I am kinda biased--- but he seems to get hurt, and be inconstent, and then just be amazing - he goes through all 3 stretches. One thing we know at this point- he aint, and never will be Kershaw- though no one is.

Yeah, he's been kind of disappointing. He's mostly been good, but just hasn't reached the level everyone thought he'd get to. To be fair, Kershaw is some big shoes to step into. Trying to be the ace after him has got to be like being the 1st baseman that followed Garvey. lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesh.

Let's start with Love....

He seems to relish in his role.

So, unless you needed him for salary matching purposes, I'd resign him for the right number.

The Kyrie trade makes me dizzy just thinking about it.

I wouldn't want to do anything to take the ball out of Garland's hands.

But, if Kyrie was willing?

I can't even wrap my mind around the chaos of trying to guard a Kyrie/Garland backcourt.

I agree about the LA teams.

Unless George or Davis is involved, which I just can't see happening.

If you couldn't make that move, how bout a combo of players, pick for John Collins?
with Love, Mobley, Allen they really dont need- nor could afford- to pay another big man.

Its either a small forward, or trade Sexton and get a big time shooting guard. Only major upgradeable position is small forward, and while I like Okoro- a big time vet there could take them to the next level- but getting a bigtime wing is all but impossible. Plus- i dont want to pay for someone like Beal- both acquisition cost- and then $ cost.