• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol the athleticism of bigs these days and versatility is a definite change from the bruisers of the past...
Absolutely spot on.

Guys like Gobert will become situational, at best.

You have to be able to guard in space, while being at least a lob threat, like Bam...

* Bam is more than a lob threat *

Be a point Center with range, like Joker....

Or, be such a savage on the block, with range and elite defense, like Embiid that you just can't be ignored.

A guy with zero offense, with cement feet on the perimeter, should not be a max player.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely spot on.

Guys like Gobert will become situational, at best.

You have to be able to guard in space, while being at least a lob threat, like Bam...

Be a point Center with range, like Joker....

Or, be such a savage on the block, with range and elite defense, like Embiid that you just can't be ignored.

A guy with zero offense, with cement feet on the perimeter, should not be a max player.

Shaq would be interesting in todays game...he's still Shaq, so he would be a monster and no one is stopping him in the paint.

But he would struggle more defensively against many of todays bigs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was answering questions, trying to explain what the article said about it and trying to clarify for a couple of folks who, like yourself, jumped to the ''Lakers fans always'' narrative.

If I shut down everyone who made outlandish statements etc. There wouldn't be many left posting. lol

I'm not looking to shut down anything. The folks who don't know better can learn, the ones who don't learn provide entertainment by getting clowned. It's how it's always worked.

Ok.

This is semantical. We are talking about 2 different things.

You are talking about the OP who originally posts the link on the board.

What I am talking about is the Laker fans who talk about these ludicrous ideas like they could actually happen.

I don’t care who originally posted it.

People who talk about one of these joke trade ideas like they are real deserve to be clowned.

And yes, I see that with Laker fans more than anybody else.

So no need to defend your people, because you know that is true. And that goes back many years.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny because they both obsess about the NBA as much as we do so it's not like they are casuals that don't know the game. They just start with their feelings about a team/player then make their takes from that instead of being objective.

Cane may obsess, so I can’t call him a casual.

But he really doesn’t understand how the game is actually played. Like not at all.

He knows enough to spew a few stats and come up with some original opinions, but his logic is always flawed because he doesn’t really understand the game he is watching.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of someone special....

that is a 6' 7" athletic freak short stop right there. I believe he made his major league debut tonight.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the #2 pick for sure-- he will be a rim running role player. he doesnt have the head for much more.
I was going to ask if you ever get tired of being wrong but the answer is clear.

Have you ever gotten a take right? Totally serious here. Other than fading Whiteside I can't think of a single thing you said like this that turned out to be on the money.