• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Lions Off-Season Thread

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris resigned 2 years 14 million

There goes my "Im 100% per wrong, 99% of the time"
Gar-an-teed

Yep. That's cheaper than I thought he'd be paid.

Now, he needs to shore up that run defense and limit him in coverage drops too.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokes aside, Harris was cheaper than I thought he would be, if he regresses or does not fit the new scheme it won't be the end of everything.

I'd expect him to play more 7/9-tech on weakside. He rarely played on left/strongside last year.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There goes my "Im 100% per wrong, 99% of the time"
Gar-an-teed
I am confused by how many people we have resigned from a 3 win team. They did play for more competitively than the record, but at some point the players you had for 3 wins need to be upgraded. So far Lions are run it back only with Chark. That won't cut it.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris resigned 2 years 14 million

This is still a little bit odd with the resigning of him and Campbell announcing his players were more suited to a 4-3 Base. J. Okwara has versatility, but Romeo and Harris are fairly specific oriented in where they are best lined up at.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confused by how many people we have resigned from a 3 win team. They did play for more competitively than the record, but at some point the players you had for 3 wins need to be upgraded. So far Lions are run it back only with Chark. That won't cut it.

Injuries were a huge detriment to Brockers, Hand, Flowers, Romeo, Bryant, Strong. Hell, at no time were they all healthy and available at the same game.

I like that Holmes, so far, has only gone beyond his players once and that is Chark.

I sincerely believe they have to sign a Vet NB who can also play split safety and a Power Base End whereas both are on the inexpensive side.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-signing Charles Harris and having Julian Okwara gives me pause to question what type of 4-3 Base they'll be running because neither of those two are anywhere similar to player or scheme that was being used in Naw' Lins.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries were a huge detriment to Brockers, Hand, Flowers, Romeo, Bryant, Strong. Hell, at no time were they all healthy and available at the same game.

I like that Holmes, so far, has only gone beyond his players once and that is Chark.

I sincerely believe they have to sign a Vet NB who can also play split safety and a Power Base End whereas both are on the inexpensive side.
Will Okwara be ready after an achilles injury? Even with Harris Lions are still in need of 2 Passrush players imo.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J Okwara is too small to play at the LOS at the NFL level IMO

I think Harris and Julian are nearly the same size, but I'm probably wrong........... AGAIN

I'm curious as hell as to what type of 4-3 they'll be running.

Both Harris and Julian are so much better playing 7 and 9 tech. The only time you'd see either in a tight alignment 6-tech would be on short yardage expected run downs.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Okwara be ready after an achilles injury? Even with Harris Lions are still in need of 2 Passrush players imo.

I don't have confidence in Okudah or Romeo being ready to go at beginning of season, but fans will state medical technology is more advanced in today's world. You know, they'll bring up the Adrian Peterson miraculous healing - even though that was his ACL.

Romeo was injured during game 3 or 4. Every person heals differently, and Okudah's Achilles tear is not going to be the exact same as Romeo's and neither will each other's rehab.

Now, Cam Akers tore his Achilles back in July and was back for the playoffs, but once again everyone's injury and rehab is somewhat unique.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Harris Lions are still in need of 2 Passrush players imo.

Agree.

Hell, Romeo could very well have to be eased back into play sloooooooooowly, like mid-season, until he has strength in his calf and that mental hangover of fear to re-injure. The mental plight can be just as damning as the physical.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite surprised that JRM hasn't been signed already. I assumed he was also a depth player and both Holmes and Campbell spoke highly of him.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have confidence in Okudah or Romeo being ready to go at beginning of season, but fans will state medical technology is more advanced in today's world. You know, they'll bring up the Adrian Peterson miraculous healing - even though that was his ACL.

Romeo was injured during game 3 or 4. Every person heals differently, and Okudah's Achilles tear is not going to be the exact same as Romeo's and neither will each other's rehab.

Now, Cam Akers tore his Achilles back in July and was back for the playoffs, but once again everyone's injury and rehab is somewhat unique.
Rams probably wish Akers waited to come back.....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you also been @broncosmitty this weekend with Holmes and Dan Campbell when contemplating bring back Anzaolne and now this?

I expect Austin Bryant to get cut come time for the final 53-man roster to be decided.

Julian Okwara could play that 4-3 Base Leo position like Avril and Aldon Smith did at Seattle. That's pretty much what Leonard Floyd plays for the Rams. Harris doesn't have the get-off, imo, to play that position.

Romeo is better off in a 3-point stance, Base End, edge rusher off the left side of the defense. Julian thrives in a 2-point stance.
Almost jumped on the Anzalone stuff a couple days ago.

I honestly don’t mind at all that he’s back and got himself a little scratch. If a coaches guy needs to be there, I like it at an effort position. He’s no All Pro, but he’s got his own value. And I’m not concerned about the organization holding a spot for him or anything. When the linebacker group is good enough to keep him on the sidelines, I think that’s where he’ll be. And that might be during this upcoming season even.

He’s an extension of the coaching staff already IMO. And that role will grow, I think.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is a little bit odd.
Idk if it's coming from being comfortable with those players and how Holmes/DC view their probable projected play while factoring in injuries that hindered or knowing that with little money available to truly change the roster correctly wasn't feasible so the stayed with the same.

I think the one uh-oh signing was Anzalone. Like you stated, Holmes and DC spoke highly of him any chance they could. Hell, I didn't see one damn MIKE LB on the open market worthy of taking a gamble without paying a premium. Also, that would stunt the development of Barnes.

We definitely needed change of players at several positions.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost jumped on the Anzalone stuff a couple days ago.

I honestly don’t mind at all that he’s back and got himself a little scratch. If a coaches guy needs to be there, I like it at an effort position. He’s no All Pro, but he’s got his own value. And I’m not concerned about the organization holding a spot for him or anything. When the linebacker group is good enough to keep him on the sidelines, I think that’s where he’ll be. And that might be during this upcoming season even.

He’s an extension of the coaching staff already IMO. And that role will grow, I think.

This is all true and yet somewhat disappointing all at the same time. Not the part where Anzalone can be a mentor as I see the same role for Brockers with the DL. It's knowing his play style and what he has displayed since his rookie year. In all honesty, his contract is dirt cheap as many of these have been so far, therefore it's truly a no harm, no foul

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all true and yet somewhat disappointing all at the same time. Not the part where Anzalone can be a mentor as I see the same role for Brockers with the DL. It's knowing his play style and what he has displayed since his rookie year. In all honesty, his contract is dirt cheap as many of these have been so far, therefore it's truly a no harm, no foul
I don’t feel the same about Brockers.

He’s not a staff guy, he’s the front office guy. Getting twice the money and he’s old.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the Lions didn't have the money to toss it away like the Jags did. Maybe their free agency pans out, but it rarely does.

Look at where the Vikings, Saints, Packers, Chiefs, Bills, Cowboys and Rams are after having paid their own free agents in prior years and, in some cases, spending on outsiders. All of those teams are in cap hell, kicking the can down the road today, and they will be for the next few years, in hope of chasing a chance at a SB.

Rogers, Adams, D. Campbell, P. Smith and other signings the Packers have vested in will put themselves at such a huge disadvantage they'll be in our shoes in a couple of years, but not because of current lack of talent. It'll be because of not fiscally managing talent properly. By 2024 the Lions will have the upper hand if all goes well these next two years with personnel - Draft and lightly free agent investments

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Brockers and Nick Williams guaranteed to make this team? Brockers could be a cap cut and Williams has been pedestrian. Although I think we keep Brockers. Cornell showed flashes inside and we Have Levi and Akim and Penisini. Cant keep everyone. We need to bring in some safety and NBs too. Harris and Breeze cost us several games with blown coverages for TDs. This team could have been 6 wins easy and 8 if you include the Ravens screwjob and missed FG from an unknown kicker.