• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Free Agents

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
France’s power numbers are coming on as of late, he’s been a pretty good hitter for almost all season, except when he tried to play through his wrist injury. Also idk why Seager has been put in the 3 hole for most of the season, sure he has the home runs and rbis, but when looking at advanced metrics, he’s like averageish?

With Haniger, Seager, France, I'm sure it was for the L-R-L matchups

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like this better....i would go with .......Ray....if i could not ..do below

if pax is ready...by opening day..then i could go with him...otherwise..i would have to get an other...with kuchi spot start.
Chris Flexen 77
Marco Gonzales 7...L/L
Logan Gilbert 36
Tyler Anderson 31...L/L

Ken Giles 58
Diego Castillo

Diego Castillo 63

Yusei Kikuchi 18...L/L

.kikuchi..was seattls..best pitcher..till the all star break...to me...that means he is a bull pen guy....cuz he dropped like a rock..in the second half..or a space shuttle...
he could last..till and through the playoff..as a bull pen guy...but..i dont think..that s worth..14 mil...no....not by a long shot....but to me also..if they..pull a graveman...sighn him for....good spot starter..bull pen money.....im good with it...and have a good bull..pen ..LHP

Anthony Misiewicz 38...L/L
Drew Steckenrider 16
Casey Sadler 65
Yohan Ramirez 55
Paul Sewald 37
Erik Swanson 50

the trade

NamePositionMTV ($Ms)
MargeviciusSP0.9
MisiewiczLHRP5.2
Moore3B1.5
MurphyC1.6
NewsomeRHRP1.7
SheffieldSP6

Total Value: 16.90​

NamePositionMTV ($Ms)
GrammesRHP2.9
Smith, pavinOF1B14.2
YerzyC0.6

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed this part above. I actually like Torrens as a platoon bench player who can catch if needed, play 1B and 3B in a pinch. He has probably the only legit power bat from the right side off the bench.
This assuming Murphy is gone then right? Unless White is traded there isn’t a roster spot.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what we would have to replace if we lost Seager:

He is 2nd amongst 3B since 2011 in RBI's

View attachment 280394

And 6th amongst 3B since 2011 in WAR

View attachment 280395

This will be a tough replacement.
This is why I would prefer Seager to re sign with the club. Or if he doesn’t come back go hard at a guy like baby Seager or Trevor Story to play play 2B or move Crawford to 2nd and give Toro 3B. France can spell a day off at 3rd, or the whole if they bring Moore back he can do that as well. Would also like JD if he is available in the OF or just a big righty bat outfielder who can slide into DH if they feel Julio is ready. Oh, and move Lewis to LF.

Won’t happen, but I don’t care about off field stuff and would love Bauer to sign a friendly contract once he is released.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I've read he should be knocking on the door to make his debut next year. Obviously not at the start because the service time stuff but I think we really do have a special kid here, even more so then Jarred
There won’t be anything can be deemed service time going into next year IMO.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This assuming Murphy is gone then right? Unless White is traded there isn’t a roster spot.
No, I have no thoughts of White being up next year unless he goes all Marmo in Tacoma.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I have no thoughts of White being up next year unless he goes all Marmo in Tacoma.
Eh, you have way more faith in ego than I do. It would be a hard sell for Jerry to say a dude in AAA is making more guaranteed money than like 18 or so dudes on the 26 man.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, you have way more faith in ego than I do. It would be a hard sell for Jerry to say a dude in AAA is making more guaranteed money than like 18 or so dudes on the 26 man.
I said I have no thoughts on it. The cheap ass bastards known as Mariners ownership will probably have a totally different take on it. But it is the best thing for him and the Mariners if he did stay down.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said I have no thoughts on it. The cheap ass bastards known as Mariners ownership will probably have a totally different take on it. But it is the best thing for him and the Mariners if he did stay down.
Well yeah, that is what is best for him and more importantly the team but I think Jerry got jealous of the Acuna and Albies deals and wanted to show he was smarter. I mean, allegedly he offered Kelenic and Gilbert the same. But I am just saying from an ego standpoint it would be hard to put what’s best for him over what is best for Jerry. Jerry signed the extension but it really is a 1 year deal and if there isn’t results next year he is gone.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah, that is what is best for him and more importantly the team but I think Jerry got jealous of the Acuna and Albies deals and wanted to show he was smarter. I mean, allegedly he offered Kelenic and Gilbert the same. But I am just saying from an ego standpoint it would be hard to put what’s best for him over what is best for Jerry. Jerry signed the extension but it really is a 1 year deal and if there isn’t results next year he is gone.
Ya I don't even attempt to guess what goes through the mind of Dipoto. I still don't mind the move of signing him and attempting to sign the others if that is true. I would love to know the numbers they offered the others.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I don't even attempt to guess what goes through the mind of Dipoto. I still don't mind the move of signing him and attempting to sign the others if that is true. I would love to know the numbers they offered the others.
I would assume slightly more than White got just because they were higher rated prospects. I can’t even remember specifically White’s numbers but going into next year but isn’t he like the 3rd highest paid player on payroll behind Marco, Haniger and JP.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would assume slightly more than White got just because they were higher rated prospects. I can’t even remember specifically White’s numbers but going into next year but isn’t he like the 3rd highest paid player on payroll behind Marco, Haniger and JP.
payroll.jpg

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed................either..do i ....unless......france ..has an injury...........then unless they have an other..it would be white.....or if he starts hitting..320-360
at tacoma .....consistently...which..he is capable of...he just skipped a lvl..that he needed to learn......

..how long that takes..it could happen..by fall..next year..or it could be the year after........he is too good to just let go..so...they are ......oblige........to let him take his time to learn to hit...crawford did..

phili..got in a hurry...and yes..it took till this year...for him to take off...but now he has he would be one of the best ......ss.in the league..and a gold glove..
==....++offence..and....++ defence..from crawford......
and now we will...hope..white will follow..

hence..the trade i posted on the other thread...seager back up......and white.....back up.....which right now is a france back up...

but by july next year.......could be either one..............`

other needs...
replace moore....trevor stoy would do as a....high profile............but anyone who can hit will do.....
they should have........enough outfield next year....with 3 or 4 guys at tacoma..including ...julio,.rod.............and ..trammell

Last edited:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the red in the article? Seager is gone, no way do they pick up the option on Kikuchi. I knew Giles was up there, but also thought JP got a solid bump this past off-season.
I think the red means contract years left.

Seager for 1 year/$20M is still worth it, but I don't think they do it. He gets far less in free agency in my opinion.

Kikuchi probably picks up his option that is why I mentioned before I make it all so clear to him and his agent that if he picks it up he pitches out of the pen next year.

I don't recall anything on JP getting any bump other than via arbitration maybe. Being paid $2,050,000 this year and is arb years through 2024 and free agent in 2025. I see a deal being made there.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the red means contract years left.

Seager for 1 year/$20M is still worth it, but I don't think they do it. He gets far less in free agency in my opinion.

Kikuchi probably picks up his option that is why I mentioned before I make it all so clear to him and his agent that if he picks it up he pitches out of the pen next year.

I don't recall anything on JP getting any bump other than via arbitration maybe. Being paid $2,050,000 this year and is arb years through 2024 and free agent in 2025. I see a deal being made there.
Well I read that wrong. Was that projection not actual salaries? Seager at 1 year I don’t like, mostly because wouldn’t accept it IMO. I am actually fine with him getting a multi year deal. Worst case scenario his play falls back and he becomes a ten times better version of Dylan Moore where he can play serviceable 2B and SS.

I think a deal will be made with Kikuchi, he may pick up his option but I would put money on it he does not throw pitch for the Mariners in 2022. JP I wasn’t saying his bump was huge, I just recall in the spring they talked about him getting more than White, I could be way off.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I read that wrong. Was that projection not actual salaries?
Actual salaries.

Seager at 1 year I don’t like, mostly because wouldn’t accept it IMO
The 1 year/$20M is a team option so he has no choice, but I doubt management does it.

I think a deal will be made with Kikuchi, he may pick up his option but I would put money on it he does not throw pitch for the Mariners in 2022. JP I wasn’t saying his bump was huge, I just recall in the spring they talked about him getting more than White, I could be way off.
You could be right with Kikuchi. That will be interesting to see what happens.

Ya I have no idea about the JP part. He deserves more than White but we know it doesn't always works that way.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would probably also help if we'd had a legit threat, someone hitting .300+ hitting behind him for most of the year. Why give in to him if Seager's .210 was lurking there all season? France might turn into that guy here shortly, but that wasn't happening for most of the season up until the last week or so.
Good point.

Regarding Ty France, I do feel as if he is the best hitter on the team currently. If you recall, Ty France had a ball hit off his hand and was playing while recovering from that injury. Since the All-Star break, France has been hitting .327/.397/.487. To put that into a bit of perspective, only 16 players in baseball have a BA .300 or above on the year thus far and a .327 BA would have him with the 2nd highest BA in baseball behind Frank Schwindel who has only played in 59 games (less than the 67 games that France has played in since the AS break).