• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Draft stuff

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Iowa center remains the only oline guy I'd draft at 24.

no question, the jones boys created additional holes, can't fix um all in the draft
I remain 15% hopeful they add day one contributors early in this draft who play defense.
The 4th and all those 5th rounders can stock the line

BUT...I think you guys know the reactionary jerry I know. I'm sure two oline guys and wide receiver will be the first three selections.
Agree on the Iowa kid and pray Jerry only gets 1 vote

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
    Jordan Davis
    DT Georgia

Ed Ingram
    OG LSU

Sam Williams
    EDGE Mississippi

Calvin Austin III
    WR Memphis

Zyon McCollum
    CB Sam Houston State

Jamaree Salyer
    OG Georgia

Joshua Williams
    CB Fayetteville State

Danny Gray
    WR SMU

Jalen Wydermyer
    TE Texas A&M

Mocked this tonight. First mock using this site. I couldn't pass on Davis at 24. I did move back in round 2 and up in another round. Torn between adding a TE or RB to finish with. Doubled up on guards because I struck out on centers.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More rumblings of Cowboys trading up in the first, into the upper half. Target unknown. So much capital would be thrown away. Stupid, stupid stupid.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope we don't chase after WR in the first. I don't really care who "falls", they are not going to fill Coop's role or value to the team. I think we'd be better off grabbing 2, one day 2 and one day 3. This class is deep and there will be WRs throughout, enough to grab a good one with a 5th rounder. Danny Gray looks like a Gallup clone to me. Velus Jones is a sneaky missed-tackle making WR/return man. Charleston Rambo is a solid but unspectacular WR that will fit any team and can play inside/outside. Bo Melton can come in and help from the slot. Too many for me to list that can provide ST value late/undrafted and grab a role as our 5th WR.
I'm not looking for a WR but if London falls I'd be OK if he were the pick. Now if London is BPA and the 2nd BPA is a DT or OG, I'd prefer not taking London

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly there is a rumor that the Cowboys are desperate to trade up 10 to 12 spots. I agree that this draft is lacking in elite talent. I look at the players that are mocked in top 5 and I just don't think they are that special. I would want to trade down if I were a GM and had a top 5 pick. Or maybe even a top 10 pick. Supposedly the Cowboys like one of the top rated tackles is the rumor I keep hearing. Could be lots of trading going on tomorrow.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More rumblings of Cowboys trading up in the first, into the upper half. Target unknown. So much capital would be thrown away. Stupid, stupid stupid.
Yep, stingley could have been worthy,but he is getting the reputation of being injury prone. Jordan Davis? Every draft there seems to be a big guy like him and they always disappoint. I think Ngata was the last one that really lived up to the hype. And you know it would be asinine to waste more draft capital on trading up for a reciever. I don't see a lot of difference between Boye Mafe,Sam William's and the top rated guys. I would not mind a trade up in the 3nd and even 3rd rounds.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. We saw what Micah can do. If we see someone we love we should go get them. I’d have no problem if we moved up as long as it was for a player we love.

what I would hate would be if we sat there and did something like this:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. We saw what Micah can do. If we see someone we love we should go get them. I’d have no problem if we moved up as long as it was for a player we love.

I don't see him as the BPA especially when QB will go ahead of us dropping some nice talent.

Plus hes a bit on the VERY Small side.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hopefully they look back at the tape and watch those games where Coop,Lamb and Gallup were all on the field and it did not matter.

It did not matter because you had an OL that could not pass protect and committed way too many penalties. Conner William's was not good. If it wasn't a drive killing penalty it was him giving up a pressure or sack. Steele was not good at LT. Smith hurt or injured all year. Mcgovern looked bad. Steele shocked me. He looked good at RT. They need a starting lineman in this draft. Maybe draft a Tackle or Guard. The possible wildcard is Ball and Farniok. Let's see if they can be decent depth. In that last game Farniok looked better than Biadz. Way better. Ball could be a draft bargain like Doug Free was.

The problem I saw last year is they had a real weapon in Pollard and he rotted away on the bench.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see him as the BPA especially when QB will go ahead of us dropping some nice talent.

Plus hes a bit on the VERY Small side.
I would rather have that big reciever Christian Watson. I really hope we draft him. Watson is going to be a player. IDGAF that he played at a small college. He makes things happen. He is fast as hell. His game reminds me of Randy Moss in some ways. This kid I like over all the other wideouts in this draft. Call me crazy,but if we took him at 24 I would not be that pisst

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dotson does not remind me of DeSean Jackson. If we draft him at 24 I would be pisst. I would much rather snag Watson in the 2nd.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did my draft on PFF

R1-24 G; Zion Johnson, Boston College
R2-56 DE; Kingsley Enagbare, South Carolina
R3-88 CB; Marcus Jones, Houston
R4-129 OT; Kellen Diesch, Arizona State
R5-155 LB; Damone Clark, LSU
R5-167 CB; Joshua Williams, Fayetteville
R5-176. TE, Daniel Bellinger, SanDiego St.
R5-178 OT, Zachary Thomas, SanDiego St
R6-193 G, Joshua Ezeudu, North Carolina

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did a 2nd UNREALISTIC one.

I set it to completely random

R1 Tyler Linderbaum C
R2 Travis Jones DT
R3 Leo Chenal LB
R4 Kingsley Enagbare DE
R5 Jalen Tolbert WR
R5 Cam Taylor-Britt CB
R5 Bryan Cook S
R5 Marcus Jones CB
R6 Greg Dulcich TE

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reading the Cowboys want to move up about 10 spots. I hope they get their guy if they do. Ideally I'd like to see "our guy" drop to the late teens and only give up our 3rd instead of our 2nd if we move up. And I hope it isn't WR if we do. The one I do love is Jameson Williams but I think he goes earlier than people are thinking. I think he is the top WR in this class

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reading the Cowboys want to move up about 10 spots. I hope they get their guy if they do. Ideally I'd like to see "our guy" drop to the late teens and only give up our 3rd instead of our 2nd if we move up. And I hope it isn't WR if we do. The one I do love is Jameson Williams but I think he goes earlier than people are thinking. I think he is the top WR in this class
I don't like the idea of grabbing Jameson (another PUP player at a thin position). I do like the player, but that is one scenario (trading up for him) which would absolutely crush this team for 2022 - him and Gallup missing part of the season, plus being limited when they come back, plus giving up a high pick to move up. If that's who we get at 24, not thrilled, but also not upset about it.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's going to be another best WR ever. you know another Devanta Smith

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the idea of grabbing Jameson (another PUP player at a thin position). I do like the player, but that is one scenario (trading up for him) which would absolutely crush this team for 2022 - him and Gallup missing part of the season, plus being limited when they come back, plus giving up a high pick to move up. If that's who we get at 24, not thrilled, but also not upset about it.
I wouldn’t trade up for him either because trading up for a WR would be horrible for this team IMO.

But, on Jameson Williams as a prospect, I think he goes top 3 if he didn’t get injured and if I needed a WR I’d still take him in the top 5 and wouldn’t be shocked if he still does go top 5. I just don’t think any other WR is in his class and WR has become a premium position.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's going to be another best WR ever. you know another Devanta Smith
I’m actually hoping he doesn’t go to the Eagles. He will be what Smith was supposed to be IMO

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be happy to trade out of the dreaded 24th pick

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m actually hoping he doesn’t go to the Eagles. He will be what Smith was supposed to be IMO
rumors are that the Eagles are looking to move into the top 10 in the 1st round probably looking for a WR