• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Draft stuff

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add.
IF jerry insists on WR at 24.
I'd draft Calvin Austin before Treylon Burks
I just not a big fan of burks. I agree with you. I would take several wideouts over him. I just want lineman. I think Penning a reach at 24 but he could develop. That nasty streak i like. Penalties could be a problem though. Although if anybody cheap shot Dak he obviously would probably be the first one involved in a fracas. He obviously just wants to maul people every play. I have seen Penning mocked as high as 14. I have also seen Linderbaum and Green also mocked in that area. I think i am down to Green,,penning and Johnson. Penning is just the kind of nasty lineman this team needs. Of course i really liked Lewan who is just as nasty as Penning. I think back to players like Gogan,Columbo and Erik Williams and miss not having that kind player. Gogan and Williams were bullies.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be tempting to draft that big DT from UConn at 24 or trade up for him in 2nd. He would help stop the run. I see Zion Johnson also mocked to us. I like him,but that big DT from Uconn tossed him aside in Senior bowl practices.
I have seen a lot with G/C Zion Johnson & G. K. Green at 24. (this area of the draft is our deadzone) So if we dont take a Trenches guy at 24 (off. or Def.) The player will probably be a disappointment. I would still be happy to trade out of 24.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that we haven't gone out and acquired anyone to fill in at LG yet is tipping our hand to what to expect in the first round. Plenty of WRs and CBs in this draft class. Even rushers can be found in the 3rd. I actually like Penning to slide in at G, but those "finishing" throw downs vs linemen will cease in the NFL due to the step up in competition. Sure he can still get a hold of undersized guys, but man, its dangerous to be throwing dudes down into the legs of fellow linemen. I just want our line to get propped back up with 2 selections this year.

LG, WR and DE/edge will be 3 of the top 4 picks. It would be great to grab a solid nose with one of those first 4 picks too, I also like the UConn DT.
LB is probably going to have to wait until day 3. CB will get a look on day 3 now. We can take the second lineman on day 3. RB is going to look a lot different next year so we may grab one late or make a priority FA to backfill. Pretty sure we will draft at least 8 due to the inactivity during FA. It would make sense to trade down just a little and grab a G to add some capital to move around later with our many day 3 picks.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that we haven't gone out and acquired anyone to fill in at LG yet is tipping our hand to what to expect in the first round. Plenty of WRs and CBs in this draft class. Even rushers can be found in the 3rd. I actually like Penning to slide in at G, but those "finishing" throw downs vs linemen will cease in the NFL due to the step up in competition. Sure he can still get a hold of undersized guys, but man, its dangerous to be throwing dudes down into the legs of fellow linemen. I just want our line to get propped back up with 2 selections this year.

LG, WR and DE/edge will be 3 of the top 4 picks. It would be great to grab a solid nose with one of those first 4 picks too, I also like the UConn DT.
LB is probably going to have to wait until day 3. CB will get a look on day 3 now. We can take the second lineman on day 3. RB is going to look a lot different next year so we may grab one late or make a priority FA to backfill. Pretty sure we will draft at least 8 due to the inactivity during FA. It would make sense to trade down just a little and grab a G to add some capital to move around later with our many day 3 picks.
While I hate targeting need (you should use FA to eliminate huge needs), I think the team has already decided they are taking an OL unless something very unexpected happens. I'm not sure it's as cut and dry that it will be a LG as you are, but it sure seems to be their ideal choice. I wonder if one of the OTs or the Iowa Center is available if they might go that route instead.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Iowa center remains the only oline guy I'd draft at 24.

no question, the jones boys created additional holes, can't fix um all in the draft
I remain 15% hopeful they add day one contributors early in this draft who play defense.
The 4th and all those 5th rounders can stock the line

BUT...I think you guys know the reactionary jerry I know. I'm sure two oline guys and wide receiver will be the first three selections.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bullseye. either Green or Johnson makes total sense. but when has JJ shown any common sense

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 visitor list included O-Line guys Charles Cross (Miss. State), Bernhard Raimann (Central Michigan), Zion Johnson (Boston College), & Kenyon Green (Texas A&M).
I got the feeling that we'll stand pat at 24 if a key guy falls. Who are the key guys? My guess is Jordan Davis, Cross, and Devin Lloyd. If those aren't there, we are moving back to draft a lineman. Zion Johnson and Kenyon Green are the ones I'd put money on.
I have to wonder how far we are willing to move back. I read somewhere that we put way more draftable grades on players this year than in years past. So if that is the case, it will be in consideration to horde picks and let the darts fly in the 3rd, 4th & 5th.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 visitor list included O-Line guys Charles Cross (Miss. State), Bernhard Raimann (Central Michigan), Zion Johnson (Boston College), & Kenyon Green (Texas A&M).
I got the feeling that we'll stand pat at 24 if a key guy falls. Who are the key guys? My guess is Jordan Davis, Cross, and Devin Lloyd. If those aren't there, we are moving back to draft a lineman. Zion Johnson and Kenyon Green are the ones I'd put money on.
I have to wonder how far we are willing to move back. I read somewhere that we put way more draftable grades on players this year than in years past. So if that is the case, it will be in consideration to horde picks and let the darts fly in the 3rd, 4th & 5th.
The could also try and trade down a bit as long as they can fleece another team. The Cowboys are not the only team that needs IOL help.

Trading down too far has burned this team before. The 2009 draft was all about trade downs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need top end players. I have no interest in trading down unless we get an incredible offer and we have more guys ranked evenly than spots we trade down. You never know who another team is going to take and you can't assume it won't be your guy. The bottom of this first round is going to have some really good players and I'm sure the team will have one or two on the board that they really like when we are on the clock. I'd prefer trading up and giving up a 3rd or so. I never bought the idea that you are getting just as good of a player in round 3. Sure you can always get a super star in the 5th or a Taco in the 1st but the odds for this team clearly show the first is their round. If we don't get a player at a position of need we have plenty of cap space to find a decent player in free agency at said position.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need top end players. I have no interest in trading down unless we get an incredible offer and we have more guys ranked evenly than spots we trade down. You never know who another team is going to take and you can't assume it won't be your guy. The bottom of this first round is going to have some really good players and I'm sure the team will have one or two on the board that they really like when we are on the clock. I'd prefer trading up and giving up a 3rd or so. I never bought the idea that you are getting just as good of a player in round 3. Sure you can always get a super star in the 5th or a Taco in the 1st but the odds for this team clearly show the first is their round. If we don't get a player at a position of need we have plenty of cap space to find a decent player in free agency at said position.
The only trade down I would accept would be if we somehow got two picks at the top of 2nd round. Maybe fleece the the Jets. Otherwise like you say trade a 3rd and another low pick and move up in 1st round.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see more players in this draft with what I would consider to be 1st round grade . If we had a chance at Trey McBride in 2nd i would do it. I got a feeling he is a future stud in the NFL. I also like Woods

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see more players in this draft with what I would consider to be 1st round grade . If we had a chance at Trey McBride in 2nd i would do it. I got a feeling he is a future stud in the NFL. I also like Woods
i would attempt to get a second 2nd round pick just to get McBride and Sam Williams

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Sun Down"

We should certainly not rule out this guy. I doubt he falls, but who knows. There is also the Quinn factor. I think Quinn will have some pull. Jordan Davis would look good in the Cowboys line.

I keep seeing Zion Johnson mocked to Cowboys. I am starting to sour on this one a bit. Now maybe Johnson will be great,but my gut feeling is telling me he may not be a 1st rounder. I think i would take Penning or Green over Johnson.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should certainly not rule out this guy. I doubt he falls, but who knows. There is also the Quinn factor. I think Quinn will have some pull. Jordan Davis would look good in the Cowboys line.

I keep seeing Zion Johnson mocked to Cowboys. I am starting to sour on this one a bit. Now maybe Johnson will be great,but my gut feeling is telling me he may not be a 1st rounder. I think i would take Penning or Green over Johnson.
IF we go OL. My favorite OL remains Linderbaum. Second is a tie with about 4 or 5 guys and Johnson is definitely one of them

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
IF we go OL. My favorite OL remains Linderbaum. Second is a tie with about 4 or 5 guys and Johnson is definitely one of them
Linderbaum would be awesome. Real deal but the injury and position may allow him to drop. If he drops to 24, a no brainer.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linderbaum would be awesome. Real deal but the injury and position may allow him to drop. If he drops to 24, a no brainer.
If we stay at 24 I want an interior Lineman. Whether C, G, or DT. Whoever we think is the BPA there.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading about domestic violence issues with my this year's "pet cat" Devonte Wyatt and thought "oh well, there goes that". Then I did a little research and only found this. I'm not saying it's ok to do, but if the only thing he did was kick a door in college, I can certainly move past that. But, if it is true, that there are 2 or 3 additional instances then that would change things. Too bad because I think this guy is a top 10 player in this draft.

I guess we will have to see if anything else comes out

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope we don't chase after WR in the first. I don't really care who "falls", they are not going to fill Coop's role or value to the team. I think we'd be better off grabbing 2, one day 2 and one day 3. This class is deep and there will be WRs throughout, enough to grab a good one with a 5th rounder. Danny Gray looks like a Gallup clone to me. Velus Jones is a sneaky missed-tackle making WR/return man. Charleston Rambo is a solid but unspectacular WR that will fit any team and can play inside/outside. Bo Melton can come in and help from the slot. Too many for me to list that can provide ST value late/undrafted and grab a role as our 5th WR.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope we don't chase after WR in the first. I don't really care who "falls", they are not going to fill Coop's role or value to the team. I think we'd be better off grabbing 2, one day 2 and one day 3. This class is deep and there will be WRs throughout, enough to grab a good one with a 5th rounder. Danny Gray looks like a Gallup clone to me. Velus Jones is a sneaky missed-tackle making WR/return man. Charleston Rambo is a solid but unspectacular WR that will fit any team and can play inside/outside. Bo Melton can come in and help from the slot. Too many for me to list that can provide ST value late/undrafted and grab a role as our 5th WR.
I'll take it one step further. I don't even care if we draft a WR at all and I'll be disappointed if we do so in the first two rounds. We have Lamb and Gallup. Yes Gallup will likely miss a couple of games but you don't draft a guy for the first 3 games of the year. If we need a better #3 than Washington (and I do think we do), sign one. Yes if we love a guy and he falls I'll be ok with it even in the first but we better think the guy is a sure fire Pro Bowler for that because we don't need a #1 we need a #3.