• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Athletic:

There are 10 common elements that stand out as the staple pieces found in those championship-caliber teams:

• Elite first-line center that’s among the very best players in the world.
  • Elite first-line winger to support the elite center.
  • Two other top-line wingers on each of the top two lines.
  • Top-line center to play behind the elite center.
  • Two more top-six forwards for depth in the middle six.
  • Elite No. 1 defenseman.
  • A second No. 1 defenseman to play behind him.
  • A top-pairing defenseman to help anchor a strong second pair with the No. 2.
  • Another top-pairing caliber defender to crush soft minutes on the third pair.
  • A top-10 caliber starting goaltender.
Written by Captain Obvious

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Athletic:

That leaves Philadelphia with two options — at least if the Flyers would like to get ideal value out of Konecny.

Option No. 1: Keep Konecny and get better forwards so he can slot in where he should.

Option No. 2: Trade him as part of a package in an attempt to acquire a player who can be who he isn’t — a top-of-the-lineup weapon.

My sense is that the Flyers would only consider moving Konecny if it achieves Option No. 2. He certainly isn’t off the table in talks, but the front office believes that he is a good player now and that untapped potential remains. Plus, they view him as a quality person, someone who could potentially be a part of the post-Giroux leadership core. He’s not a player they’ll be giving away.

But in pursuit of the types of high-end forwards the franchise so desperately needs? Konecny can’t be viewed as untouchable. The last two seasons have made that abundantly clear.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From the Athletic:

That leaves Philadelphia with two options — at least if the Flyers would like to get ideal value out of Konecny.

Option No. 1: Keep Konecny and get better forwards so he can slot in where he should.

Option No. 2: Trade him as part of a package in an attempt to acquire a player who can be who he isn’t — a top-of-the-lineup weapon.

My sense is that the Flyers would only consider moving Konecny if it achieves Option No. 2. He certainly isn’t off the table in talks, but the front office believes that he is a good player now and that untapped potential remains. Plus, they view him as a quality person, someone who could potentially be a part of the post-Giroux leadership core. He’s not a player they’ll be giving away.

But in pursuit of the types of high-end forwards the franchise so desperately needs? Konecny can’t be viewed as untouchable. The last two seasons have made that abundantly clear.
LOL they view Konecny as a leadership piece? Decent enough player sure, but everything I have seen from him doesn't exactly ring "leader" to me. If I am being honest...he doesn't come off as the brightest bulb in the room if you catch my drift.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL they view Konecny as a leadership piece? Decent enough player sure, but everything I have seen from him doesn't exactly ring "leader" to me. If I am being honest...he doesn't come off as the brightest bulb in the room if you catch my drift.
He is definitely not the smartest hockey player in the world. Probably too many punches to the head. I love his style of play though but if they can get someone good back in a trade for him i would take it. He played great before Lavi and after Lavi so i think he didn't like playing for him. If we dont trade him i expect to see the TK we saw in the post Lavi era which was one of our top players.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if anyone saw it but Nathan McKinnon's coast to coast goal last night to get a hat trick was magical.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is definitely not the smartest hockey player in the world. Probably too many punches to the head. I love his style of play though but if they can get someone good back in a trade for him i would take it. He played great before Lavi and after Lavi so i think he didn't like playing for him. If we dont trade him i expect to see the TK we saw in the post Lavi era which was one of our top players.
Did he play for Lavi? I thought he was gone before then or am I on better drugs then you this morning?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if anyone saw it but Nathan McKinnon's coast to coast goal last night to get a hat trick was magical.
I saw it, was pissed at their fuckin swipe a stick at the player defense though. Gonna cost you every time if you don't take a body!

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Smith (EDM Goalie) looks like Boris the animal from men in black 3

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was down on Gaudreau but he had a great season and playoffs. Still not sure if it would be smart for Philly to sign him unless price was right.

Say no to Torts he can't hold it together long enough but Muller is intriguing he could be a solid coach. Trotz would settle down the D so in the long run he may be the best but hard to say if he's coming to Philly lots of options for him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Athletic:

I liked the paragraph right before this too. Summed up the situation with TK pretty well IMO

"Every contender would be happy to have Konecny in its middle six; it’s not like his $5.5 million cap hit is outlandish for second-line production and value. But if he’s one of the top two or three forwards on a team, it’s probably not going to be a very good one. Which is exactly where the Flyers find themselves at the moment."