• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For you Purdue:

6. Cutter Gauthier, LW, USA U-18 (NTDP)

Jan. 19, 2004 | 6′ 2.25″ | 189 pounds | Shoots left

Tier: Projected bubble top and middle of the lineup player

Skating: NHL average
Puck skills: NHL average
Hockey sense: NHL average
Compete: Above NHL average
Shot: High-end

Player comparable: J.T. Miller

Background: Gauthier was a versatile and important player for the U.S. NTDP this season, playing often on both special teams, lining up at wing and center for full games depending on their roster. He became a go-to player as the season went along, lining up on Cooley’s wing and playing PP1. He’s committed to Boston College.

Analysis: Gauthier has the tools that can make you easily envision him in the NHL. He has a thick 6-foot-2 frame and can skate like an NHL player. With his size and speed he can overpower opponents to force turnovers or in how he attacks the net and it makes him an asset on the PK. Gauthier can create with his skating and skill, but his main offensive weapon is his shot. He can pick corners from distance with a powerful wrist shot. I didn’t love his playmaking early on but that part of his game grew on me as the season went on especially how he made passes on the move. I see a potential very good top-six forward whether at center or the wing with a chance to pop and become a true top-of-the-lineup type.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For you Purdue:

6. Cutter Gauthier, LW, USA U-18 (NTDP)

Jan. 19, 2004 | 6′ 2.25″ | 189 pounds | Shoots left

Tier: Projected bubble top and middle of the lineup player

Skating: NHL average
Puck skills: NHL average
Hockey sense: NHL average
Compete: Above NHL average
Shot: High-end

Player comparable: J.T. Miller

Background: Gauthier was a versatile and important player for the U.S. NTDP this season, playing often on both special teams, lining up at wing and center for full games depending on their roster. He became a go-to player as the season went along, lining up on Cooley’s wing and playing PP1. He’s committed to Boston College.

Analysis: Gauthier has the tools that can make you easily envision him in the NHL. He has a thick 6-foot-2 frame and can skate like an NHL player. With his size and speed he can overpower opponents to force turnovers or in how he attacks the net and it makes him an asset on the PK. Gauthier can create with his skating and skill, but his main offensive weapon is his shot. He can pick corners from distance with a powerful wrist shot. I didn’t love his playmaking early on but that part of his game grew on me as the season went on especially how he made passes on the move. I see a potential very good top-six forward whether at center or the wing with a chance to pop and become a true top-of-the-lineup type.
I could get behind this guy

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game tonight, need to go to Edmonton up 2-0, bring the momentum (and a little defense) and go for the sweep or at the least a split.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man could you imagine how much fun this board would be if we had a team like the Avs? That game was pure perfection, didn't retaliate on stupid shit and made the oilers pay when they did. Awesome all the way around. Now we need to go for the sweep.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man could you imagine how much fun this board would be if we had a team like the Avs? That game was pure perfection, didn't retaliate on stupid shit and made the oilers pay when they did. Awesome all the way around. Now we need to go for the sweep.
I could imagine how much fun it would be if we had a team like any of the playoff teams.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could imagine how much fun it would be if we had a team like any of the playoff teams.
True that, It's just been fun to watch and if you truly pay attention you can see where these teams excel as where a lot of teams including the Flyers, don't even come close to bridging the gaps. The main thing I see is teams like us giving long term ludicrous contracts to people like Hayes, JVR, Ellis, and those other teams giving those same contracts to players like Landeskog, McDavid, Panarin, McKinnon, Etc.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True that, It's just been fun to watch and if you truly pay attention you can see where these teams excel as where a lot of teams including the Flyers, don't even come close to bridging the gaps. The main thing I see is teams like us giving long term ludicrous contracts to people like Hayes, JVR, Ellis, and those other teams giving those same contracts to players like Landeskog, McDavid, Panarin, McKinnon, Etc.
Its so terrible that bad we are years away from becoming good because of years of bad management. :L

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its so terrible that bad we are years away from becoming good because of years of bad management. :L
Well if they don't start cutting their loses and building a better team then yeah we're fucked for years to come. We just seem to have bad personal all the way around. Someone has to start making better offers to better players, build a culture of winning to make other players want to come here and play. Prime example of a player in our system versus a winning culture/system would be Aube-Kuble, he isn't lighting it up but his game has improved 100% since he left. Hmmm.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if they don't start cutting their loses and building a better team then yeah we're fucked for years to come. We just seem to have bad personal all the way around. Someone has to start making better offers to better players, build a culture of winning to make other players want to come here and play. Prime example of a player in our system versus a winning culture/system would be Aube-Kuble, he isn't lighting it up but his game has improved 100% since he left. Hmmm.
After Hexy destroyed us and the beginning of this regime we cant get it done anytime soon so sit back and wait at the very least 5 years to be good again. Like i have pointed out a few times already we were 20 points and 10 games behind the final playoff spot in our division.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Hexy destroyed us and the beginning of this regime we cant get it done anytime soon so sit back and wait at the very least 5 years to be good again. Like i have pointed out a few times already we were 20 points and 10 games behind the final playoff spot in our division.
I agree we're probably going to be a bad team but I'm hoping in a couple of years when some of the other contracts expire that money will build us a brighter future, trying to stay optimistic lol.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to begin to develop a winning culture, you have to seek-out and keep players who are highly productive and talented. I don't have the foggiest clue as to why the Flyers would then a cut a guy who scores? Doesn't make any sense.

BTW, the Avs are just about to go up 3-0 on the Earlers. That's the kind of team I want the Flyers to be in afew years but I am not holding my breath any time soon.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down 0-2, I still don't see Tampa losing to NYR, but we shall see. It should be exciting to watch either way. Game three in two hours.