• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is going to stop Tampa. They are pretty much a perfect team. It's not even fair.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is going to stop Tampa. They are pretty much a perfect team. It's not even fair.

Indeed. For as long as they have Vasilevsky, Hedman, Stamkos, Kucherov, and Point it's going to be tough sledding to take them down. Looking at their Cap Friendly page and they can basically run it straight back next year too. You talk about getting to "contender status" while this Lightning team exists; that's 5 elite players the Flyers don't have comparables for.

6 shutouts in their last 7 closeout games for Vasilevsky. How do you beat that?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant be more of a Carolina fan right now but as of this moment Colorado, Calgary, St Louis and Edmonton are a close second.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed. For as long as they have Vasilevsky, Hedman, Stamkos, Kucherov, and Point it's going to be tough sledding to take them down. Looking at their Cap Friendly page and they can basically run it straight back next year too. You talk about getting to "contender status" while this Lightning team exists; that's 5 elite players the Flyers don't have comparables for.

Sigh

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This could be us in about 7 or 8 years.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:hope:

Gotta start getting things right this summer. The Lightning are, without a doubt, the model to follow.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read some good stuff on Nemec lately. Seems unlikely he gets to 5, but if you assume Wright, Cooley, and Slafkovsky definitely go before 5, it just takes one team going off the board for Nemec to be available at 5.

Read a twitter thread about his production that basically said anyone with the kind of NHL-equivalent numbers that he's put up the past 2 years has gone on to be an all-star, top pair, dman. And he's RH.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read some good stuff on Nemec lately. Seems unlikely he gets to 5, but if you assume Wright, Cooley, and Slafkovsky definitely go before 5, it just takes one team going off the board for Nemec to be available at 5.

Read a twitter thread about his production that basically said anyone with the kind of NHL-equivalent numbers that he's put up the past 2 years has gone on to be an all-star, top pair, dman. And he's RH.

He's got a goal and 5 assists for 6 points at the worlds right now. Im gonna check him out in their next game

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant be more of a Carolina fan right now but as of this moment Colorado, Calgary, St Louis and Edmonton are a close second.
Did you catch the Avs game last night? Freaking Kadri destroyed St.Louis and rightly so. I would love to have him here, he's a hard player and not afraid of dirty work. Man we need to seriously invest in some of these type of players.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you catch the Avs game last night? Freaking Kadri destroyed St.Louis and rightly so. I would love to have him here, he's a hard player and not afraid of dirty work. Man we need to seriously invest in some of these type of players.
I would love to have that type of player but with the season he had in a contract year he is going to be looking for 8.5 to 9.5 million per season. i can guarantee you he is not scoring 87 points for our team. I do love his grit though.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we pay yzerman $100MM per year to come to Flyers.

Yzerman would draft Nikita Kucherov, Andrei Vasilevskiy, Brayden Point, Ondrej Palat, Anthony Cirelli, Carter Verhaeghe and Callan Foote, signed undrafted players Tyler Johnsonand Yanni Gourde, and acquire Ryan McDonagh, Mikhail Sergachev, Erik Cernak, Patrick Maroon, Kevin Shattenkirk, Curtis McElhinney and Jan Rutta via trades and contract offers as future cornerstone rosters.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to have that type of player but with the season he had in a contract year he is going to be looking for 8.5 to 9.5 million per season. i can guarantee you he is not scoring 87 points for our team. I do love his grit though.
Oh I agree he's gonna get paid for sure. And sadly we can't afford him. Hopefully we have someone in our wings that turns out to be a hidden gem but then again it is us.:tsk:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we pay yzerman $100MM per year to come to Flyers.

Yzerman would draft Nikita Kucherov, Andrei Vasilevskiy, Brayden Point, Ondrej Palat, Anthony Cirelli, Carter Verhaeghe and Callan Foote, signed undrafted players Tyler Johnsonand Yanni Gourde, and acquire Ryan McDonagh, Mikhail Sergachev, Erik Cernak, Patrick Maroon, Kevin Shattenkirk, Curtis McElhinney and Jan Rutta via trades and contract offers as future cornerstone rosters.
Two things here, first Yzerman choose to go to Tampa because he had ties there at the time, second he wouldn't have gotten have those picks because the Flyers didn't suck during that span. He may have gotten a few of those players but not all IMO. But even a few of those players would be helpful.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things here, first Yzerman choose to go to Tampa because he had ties there at the time, second he wouldn't have gotten have those picks because the Flyers didn't suck during that span. He may have gotten a few of those players but not all IMO. But even a few of those players would be helpful.
Will be curious to see if he can repeat the magic back in Detroit.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be curious to see if he can repeat the magic back in Detroit.
If they give him the leeway Tampa did he most certainly can, a lot of these ex players have a better eye for talent IMO then people who haven't been on that side of it, Sakic is another good example who is putting together a good squad. I would like to see Briere get a crack at it for us, couldn't be any worse than Fletcher.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree he's gonna get paid for sure. And sadly we can't afford him. Hopefully we have someone in our wings that turns out to be a hidden gem but then again it is us.:tsk:
We certainly need some hidden gems as we haven't had one in a very long time. Like you say it is the Flyers so dont expect it. :mad2:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, agree with this. The time to get Kadri was when the Avs did in 2019, not this summer. Excellent move by the Avs. Good signing by the Leafs originally too. Hopefully the Flyers realize this and try to get out in front of the market instead of overpaying people at the end of their careers like they typically do.