• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, agree with this. The time to get Kadri was when the Avs did in 2019, not this summer. Excellent move by the Avs. Good signing by the Leafs originally too. Hopefully the Flyers realize this and try to get out in front of the market instead of overpaying people at the end of their careers like they typically do.
Why would we change our strategy of signing players to big contracts at the end of their careers? It has worked so well.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Athletic:

There are 10 common elements that stand out as the staple pieces found in those championship-caliber teams:

• Elite first-line center that’s among the very best players in the world.
  • Elite first-line winger to support the elite center.
  • Two other top-line wingers on each of the top two lines.
  • Top-line center to play behind the elite center.
  • Two more top-six forwards for depth in the middle six.
  • Elite No. 1 defenseman.
  • A second No. 1 defenseman to play behind him.
  • A top-pairing defenseman to help anchor a strong second pair with the No. 2.
  • Another top-pairing caliber defender to crush soft minutes on the third pair.
  • A top-10 caliber starting goaltender.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hope:

Gotta start getting things right this summer. The Lightning are, without a doubt, the model to follow.
Absolutely. They made a stacked Florida team, who won the President's Trophy with 58 wins and 122 points, look like an Ahl squad. The Panthers were outscored 13-3 in four games. Huberdeau, who was tied for 2nd in the Nhl with 115 points, was almost completely shut down.

Even when it looked like Florida was dominating game 4 and might actually win a game, Tampa blanked them 2-0 and they had two goals disallowed.

They never lose two games in a row in the playoffs, which sort of makes it tough to beat them. When the rare mistake is made, Vasilevskiy just erases it, and he just gets better in the clutch too.

They did this all without Brayden Point also, who is an elite level forward.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed. For as long as they have Vasilevsky, Hedman, Stamkos, Kucherov, and Point it's going to be tough sledding to take them down. Looking at their Cap Friendly page and they can basically run it straight back next year too. You talk about getting to "contender status" while this Lightning team exists; that's 5 elite players the Flyers don't have comparables for.

6 shutouts in their last 7 closeout games for Vasilevsky. How do you beat that?
They simply cannot be beat. It's absurd. Even the oldest of those five elite players that you may consider starting to age (Stamkos, 32 and Hedman, 31) just had career years THIS season. The others are absolutely in their prime or just entering it.

They could have a dynasty for years to come. It's fucking disgusting.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we change our strategy of signing players to big contracts at the end of their careers? It has worked so well.
In order for teams to improve themselves in the world of salary caps, they have to spend wisely. This means in the deals they execute, they win and someone loses. By the laws of nature there has to be a loser in each transaction.

The flyers are the losers that fund the winners.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order for teams to improve themselves in the world of salary caps, they have to spend wisely. This means in the deals they execute, they win and someone loses. By the laws of nature there has to be a loser in each transaction.

The flyers are the losers that fund the winners.
Don't worry well be cup contenders by 2033.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched some of the Rags/Canes game last night. The speed of both teams was the first thing I noticed. Also, crisp passes and quick shots. I actually enjoyed watching what good teams look like.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched some of the Rags/Canes game last night. The speed of both teams was the first thing I noticed. Also, crisp passes and quick shots. I actually enjoyed watching what good teams look like.
If you want to see two other teams with team speed and crisp passing check out the Calgary vs Edmonton series.

They are skating faster than the camera can move.

side note: Connor McDavid is on another planet right now.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you want to see two other teams with team speed and crisp passing check out the Calgary vs Edmonton series.

They are skating faster than the camera can move.

side note: Connor McDavid is on another planet right now.
And the crazy thing is the Panthers were a fast team and fell into the muck and slow play of the Bolts. They're a wear you down club and teams fall victim to them time and again. I think right now they have the most constant mixture of raw talent all the way through their lineup.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the crazy thing is the Panthers were a fast team and fell into the muck and slow play of the Bolts. They're a wear you down club and teams fall victim to them time and again. I think right now they have the most constant mixture of raw talent all the way through their lineup.
Tampa was on OT goal away from losing in 6 to Toronto and barely won that series in 7 games. If the Leaf's didn't choke the series away Tampa would be golfing right now.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems likely the Flyers will have some combination of Nemec, Jiricek, and Savoie to pick from. Plus Guathier seems like a Fletcher/Flyer pick to me, though at #5 that's probably a little higher than most have him.
Geekie in 2nd round then. :)

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry well be cup contenders by 2033.
By then I’ll be able to get a seat in the handicapped areas of the arenas. Just wheel me in.

PS LAS. Flew over staten island on Monday as I had the privilege to connect through ERW. I waved in your general direction.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By then I’ll be able to get a seat in the handicapped areas of the arenas. Just wheel me in.

PS LAS. Flew over staten island on Monday as I had the privilege to connect through ERW. I waved in your general direction.
Ha :wave:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa was on OT goal away from losing in 6 to Toronto and barely won that series in 7 games. If the Leaf's didn't choke the series away Tampa would be golfing right now.
Yep and Toronto is a team that matches they're style of play the best IMO. They just don't have enough depth.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geekie in 2nd round then. :)

Lol. If he drops that far I'd be game.

If I were building a team though, anybody with concerns about their skating would be disqualified from at least the 1st round. Gimme that speed.