• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking at the roster. Who is going to make the plays in the offensive zone and score the goals!? I like Farabee a lot and I think guys like Hayes, Konecny, Atkinson, JvR and Laughton can and will probably contribute more, but who is going to score goals that we won't have to grind for all game long!? Young guys will have to emerge or we'll just plain struggle to score for most of the season.

Also, this expands to our power play. We may be able to do something on PP1 at times, but PP2 is going to be trash...Lol

Hopefully we end up playing a true team game and also activate the defensive in the offensive zone when needed.

I feel bad for Carter Hart already. Hopefully he at least gets plenty of support in our own zone.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking at the roster. Who is going to make the plays in the offensive zone and score the goals!? I like Farabee a lot and I think guys like Hayes, Konecny, Atkinson, JvR and Laughton can and will probably contribute more, but who is going to score goals that we won't have to grind for all game long!? Young guys will have to emerge or we'll just plain struggle to score for most of the season.

Also, this expands to our power play. We may be able to do something on PP1 at times, but PP2 is going to be trash...Lol

Hopefully we end up playing a true team game and also activate the defensive in the offensive zone when needed.

I feel bad for Carter Hart already. Hopefully he at least gets plenty of support in our own zone.

Ya. I really don't see how this team gets to 3 goals in a game. There's not a single guy on the roster that when they're on the ice we'll feel like the team has a good chance at creating something. Atkinson and Laughton on the PK, maybe? Not a single guy can create a chance with speed. Not a single guy can create a chance with a clever stickhandle. Not a single guy can create a chance with a great pass (maybe Hayes if the other team gives him 2 weeks to get in to position to make said pass). Their entire offense will have to be throw the puck at the net, crash, and hope it gets knocked in.

Probably a blessing because they will probably get a little better in terms of GAA. Can't have that screwing up the lottery balls.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya. I really don't see how this team gets to 3 goals in a game. There's not a single guy on the roster that when they're on the ice we'll feel like the team has a good chance at creating something. Atkinson and Laughton on the PK, maybe? Not a single guy can create a chance with speed. Not a single guy can create a chance with a clever stickhandle. Not a single guy can create a chance with a great pass (maybe Hayes if the other team gives him 2 weeks to get in to position to make said pass). Their entire offense will have to be throw the puck at the net, crash, and hope it gets knocked in.

Probably a blessing because they will probably get a little better in terms of GAA. Can't have that screwing up the lottery balls.
We finished 31st of 32 teams in goals last season and didn't pick up any offensive players in free agency or via a trade. Basically we will be offensively challenged just as we were last season with better defensive play hopefully.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We finished 31st of 32 teams in goals last season and didn't pick up any offensive players in free agency or via a trade. Basically we will be offensively challenged just as we were last season with better defensive play hopefully.
Yea I don't really see this as a recipe for anything but a tank job. Look tough on paper, be soft on the ice.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please god let JVR have a great first half of the season so his trade value is at its peak when we can finally get rid of that Big Puss!!!
We probably aren't going to get much in return for this guy. As long as we can clear that cap space I'm good. Use it in the off season to hire a declining vet to a no trade claus contract, lol.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We probably aren't going to get much in return for this guy. As long as we can clear that cap space I'm good. Use it in the off season to hire a declining vet to a no trade claus contract, lol.
If he scores 12-15 goals by the deadline we can get a 2nd/3rd rounder for him. We need to recoup the draft picks that Fletcher was handing out like candy. This way we clear cap space and get a pick.

Then we can use that pick to trade for a declining vet and sign him to a no trade clause. :pound::pound::pound:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he scores 12-15 goals by the deadline we can get a 2nd/3rd rounder for him. We need to recoup the draft picks that Fletcher was handing out like candy. This way we clear cap space and get a pick.

Then we can use that pick to trade for a declining vet and sign him to a no trade clause. :pound::pound::pound:

Agree with you here. They'll be able to retain salary too, even take some back if necessary. So the team taking him on will be able to get him at a pro-rated 3M for the rest of the year. Any team playoff bound team with a PP they want to improve will give up a decent asset for him.

Unfortunately, I also agree with your second point :(. But maybe Fletcher will be fired by then? :hope:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agree with you here. They'll be able to retain salary too, even take some back if necessary. So the team taking him on will be able to get him at a pro-rated 3M for the rest of the year. Any team playoff bound team with a PP they want to improve will give up a decent asset for him.

Unfortunately, I also agree with your second point :(. But maybe Fletcher will be fired by then? :hope:
If he isn't fired yet I am not sure what he could do to get canned. :trash:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tortorella is doing his usual smoothie to cover what is wrong with the Flyers. WTFC has to run his dumbass mouth. Everybody knows how bad this shit-show is but we shall see what magic Torts can pull-off in say the first 10 games or so.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atkinson is toast for the opener.

Well, fuck, promising news!? That article seems to also suggest that Risto, Farabee and Hart could all be out for tonight as well.

This is really starting to look like a tank job. It seems like we're encouraging guys to be extra careful with their rehab and take more time off. That and if they don't feel absolutely 100%, don't play.

At this rate, we won't dress our full team once the entire season. I'm not even including Ellis in that.

This is really a recipe for disaster.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he is..... THIS is our Blueprint, not the word salad that WTFC and Tortellini spew. My dislike for Tortellini goes back many years...
Once Torts turns us into a respectable hard working yet boring to watch team you will come around to liking him .

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first game of the season and its blacked out in NY and on the Center ice package UGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2: