• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess what he's trying to say is that the benefit of having such a young squad without any true offensive superstars is that they will listen closely, execute the system and also probably run through a brick wall for you.
Hmmmmm. My takeaway was a bit different. I read systems don’t matter anymore, you have to coach “will”. I don’t know how you coach “will”. Always felt that is either in a player or not.

My other takeaway is him saying “don’t expect much out of this team or me. Systems don’t matter so if you don’t have players with talent or will - you’re screwed”

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our answer is out there. Sandheim for Simmonds

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need our players to not only stay healthy, but do more with less, so to speak. It's a lot to ask. Hopefully some guys have career years and also some young guys emerge as more than what we thought they were. Yeah, it looks like it's going to be a truly rough year, but there's also a lot of unexpected coming with a new coach and a lot of young, new players.

At the end of the day, if we still end up drafting top 2 or 3 and find a couple of young guys that can stick right now, that could be a lot of progress moving forward.

I know it fucking sucks to be in this position and this board is going to be full of negativity for the vast majority of the season, but it is what it is right now. There's nothing that anyone can do about it. It's just sad that we no longer have a competitive team from year to year. We've lost in the Cup Finals a lot, but at least we always got there every few years. Now it looks like that'll never happen again...Lol

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need our players to not only stay healthy, but do more with less, so to speak. It's a lot to ask. Hopefully some guys have career years and also some young guys emerge as more than what we thought they were. Yeah, it looks like it's going to be a truly rough year, but there's also a lot of unexpected coming with a new coach and a lot of young, new players.

At the end of the day, if we still end up drafting top 2 or 3 and find a couple of young guys that can stick right now, that could be a lot of progress moving forward.

I know it fucking sucks to be in this position and this board is going to be full of negativity for the vast majority of the season, but it is what it is right now. There's nothing that anyone can do about it. It's just sad that we no longer have a competitive team from year to year. We've lost in the Cup Finals a lot, but at least we always got there every few years. Now it looks like that'll never happen again...Lol
I will get behind the team if the focus is on getting the most out of players and it showing up on the ice. Other than wanting a top pick in the draft, the wins and losses aren’t going to be the deciding factor for me to watch or not watch. It’s the all in effort that will matter which we haven’t seen lately

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will get behind the team if the focus is on getting the most out of players and it showing up on the ice. Other than wanting a top pick in the draft, the wins and losses aren’t going to be the deciding factor for me to watch or not watch. It’s the all in effort that will matter which we haven’t seen lately
I have zero doubt that Torts will get the effort out of them, man to man, but will it be enough to stay competitive or at least interesting!? Also, if he doesn't get the effort out of someone, I'm pretty certain they will ride the bench and eventually be shipped out of here. That sends a pretty big message to everyone else and the rest fall in line.

Fucking covid19 ruined the last time that this team was truly exciting and looked destined to really do something special. That was all halted in March of 2020 after we had caught fire and gone 18-5-1 down the stretch. Later we swept the round robin to steal the top seed, beat Montreal 4-2 and finally ran out of gas in game 7 against the fucking Islanders.

I bet Torts wishes he had 100% of that roster instead of the what...60% that's left?

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how the Flyers looked in practice Sunday. They open the regular season Thursday night against the Devils at the Wells Fargo Center.

Forwards

Scott Laughton-Kevin Hayes-Travis Konecny

James van Riemsdyk-Morgan Frost-Wade Allison

Joel Farabee-Noah Cates-Owen Tippett

Nicolas Deslauriers-Tanner Laczynski-Hayden Hodgson

Cooper Marody-Jackson Cates-Zack MacEwen (extra line)

Defensemen

Tony DeAngelo-Ivan Provorov

Travis Sanheim-Rasmus Ristolainen

Nick Seeler-Justin Braun

Egor Zamula-Ronnie Attard (extra pair)

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big week for your Nittany Lions. Early lines have them as 7 point underdogs. I will be rooting them on !

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2022:

Phillies win wild card and still playing
Eagles 5-0 steam rolling to playoffs
Sixers have the 6th best odds to win the title
Flyers win the Stanley cup

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2022:

Phillies win wild card and still playing
Eagles 5-0 steam rolling to playoffs
Sixers have the 6th best odds to win the title
Flyers win the Stanley cup
Is this a multiple choice question ?
A & C are factual
B is half fact
D is ……. Well we all know what it is.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Iggles are playing damn good football because they have a huge and very good O-Line that is either the Number 1 O-line in the league or in the top 3 according to PFF.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big week for your Nittany Lions. Early lines have them as 7 point underdogs. I will be rooting them on !
It's huge, for sure. Overall, I definitely believe in them, so I'll take the points. That said, it's a little alarming when my number one concern is our senior QB. Clifford needs to be more accurate, more of a threat to run and also not turn the ball over. If not, just get him out of there and go with the 5-star freshman Allar.

This is one of those games where I wish we could trust another senior too, and that's Jake Pinegar, to be able to just make a 45 yard field goal when we really need it. If he's 50/50 or worse on those or we skip him (because we can't trust him) and try to go for it on 4th down, it could cost us in a very tight game on the road.

Both teams will probably try to run the ball down the other's throat in this one. Michigan with Corum and Penn State with Singleton and Allen. It will be a fun one to watch, for sure, unless maybe you're a loyal fan of either team...Lol

Last edited:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy hockey day!!!!!
Anytime hockey is on it's a great day. Not sure how much flyers hockey will be watched by me this year, not sure I have that much weed lol. If they're interesting I'll probably watch some to see if any or which youngster is succeeding. The biggest issue I have is if all these lame ducks we signed don't play like Golden geese were fucked! Also through in the fact if some of the younger kids start to develop nicely, you have worthless players locked into no move contracts where you can't bring in a big gun or two to build on your youth. Looks grim but who knows.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anytime hockey is on it's a great day. Not sure how much flyers hockey will be watched by me this year, not sure I have that much weed lol. If they're interesting I'll probably watch some to see if any or which youngster is succeeding. The biggest issue I have is if all these lame ducks we signed don't play like Golden geese were fucked! Also through in the fact if some of the younger kids start to develop nicely, you have worthless players locked into no move contracts where you can't bring in a big gun or two to build on your youth. Looks grim but who knows.
At least you can watch the Avs starting tomorrow