• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star Wars Reaction GIF
Not my first choice but I'm not going to kill him until he proves he isn't a good fit for our team.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is, you could bring in Scotty Bowman and it doesn't matter unless you have the correct personal on the ice. Read an article that said we should look into trading Hart to someone like Edmonton. Only way I'd say yes to that is if Drisidle(sp)?was involved. They said we have another young and up in coming goalie(forgot his name), but you still need defensive help. Ristolainen is going to be the new McDonald contract. If, and that's a big If, Ellis can have a full or close to it, decent season and you can find a solid second pairing for Sandhiem to play with we may be okay, not great but ok. Also we signed seeler and we Have York and I forget who else but it will be interesting to see who can excel if any. I still see Ristolainen ending up on the 3 rd dman pairing before seasons end.:doh:
100% correct you need good players to be a good coach.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my first choice but I'm not going to kill him until he proves he isn't a good fit for our team.
Coach needs to have huge input into the type of players that build the roster. This based on the “system” he plans on deploying. That would be my requirement to take the Flyer’s rebuild job. 2nd would be supporting coaching staff.

We probably should be happy as the Flyers job was the least desirable head coach opening.

Let’s now see what happens to Yeo and most interestingly Lappy. That will be the first moves out of the box IMHO

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach needs to have huge input into the type of players that build the roster. This based on the “system” he plans on deploying. That would be my requirement to take the Flyer’s rebuild job. 2nd would be supporting coaching staff.

We probably should be happy as the Flyers job was the least desirable head coach opening.

Let’s now see what happens to Yeo and most interestingly Lappy. That will be the first moves out of the box IMHO
Good point our job was the least desirable and that's why i cant believe he is going to accept our offer if he does.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W-T-F Chuck took the easy road out and so did the peeps at Comcast. They took the easy road, re-hashing the hash, and not creating any MAJOR problems with the Flyer fans. They are all hoping it works but this is the same let's-fling-a-bunch-of-shit-up-on-the-wall-and-see-what-sticks approach that got the Flyers stuck in mediocrity and losing to begin with.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how much this team can improve unless they can stay healthy. Seems to be a reoccurring curse year after year. On a positive side, Tort's system will benefit Hart quite a bit I'd imagine. I'm expecting our games to be low scoring and not much for offense, which we already have now.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lappy will keep his job or get promoted. He fits right in with the leadership's desire to try to build a team/culture that can win a cup in the mid-90s.

30 years of the game changing be damned.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, their can't be a worse coach in all of hockey than Lappy. Everything he's touched has turned into dog shit.

Player development, the PK, the Phantoms. Everything has gotten worse under his watch.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, their can't be a worse coach in all of hockey than Lappy. Everything he's touched has turned into dog shit.

Player development, the PK, the Phantoms. Everything has gotten worse under his watch.
Why would Tort's keep him? I would think he would bring in his own personnel if he accepted the job, no?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Tort's keep him? I would think he would bring in his own personnel if he accepted the job, no?

I don't think he'll have much say over who coaches the Phantoms where Lappy did last year. But ya, he would bring his own people to the Flyers bench, i would think.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he'll have much say over who coaches the Phantoms where Lappy did last year. But ya, he would bring his own people to the Flyers bench, i would think.
If it was your choice, Tort's is the HC, who if available would you bring in as far as assts, running PP and PK?

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF Chuck’s strings are pulled by Scott / Comcast. His job should be to protect his head coach from the meddling of CEO and the shadow organization (Clarke etc)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lappy will keep his job or get promoted. He fits right in with the leadership's desire to try to build a team/culture that can win a cup in the mid-90s.

30 years of the game changing be damned.
There hasn't been one move made yet. What tells you the leadership is building a team to win in the mid 90's?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if Tort's and WTF Chuck are going to pattern their team building after the Avs or the Lightning, (and I have no evidence to suggest they are doing any of that), they would start with defense by finding an excellent goalie to pair with big, fast, and agressive defensemen. Their plan should be a 5-year deal with judicous draft choices that fit their intended mold and a revitalization of the farm system to find players of that caliber.

Next, you want to get the fiscal financial house in order and start removing over-paid, low productive players that don't do much to contribute to a winning culture. If you aren't accountable, your ass will be out the door. Trade succinctly and judiciously should be the order of the day. If possible, move players that are useless and scour the FAs available who can FIT their plan and system.

Periennial winning sports franchises don't tolerate losers in any of its variations. If you are not all-in, your ass is gone. It is that simple. If the two principals mentioned at the beginning are on that track, then we will see results, otherwise, we will see more of the same bullshit Flyers attempting to pose as champions while being nothing but ass-whipped douchebags.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if Tort's and WTF Chuck are going to pattern their team building after the Avs or the Lightning, (and I have no evidence to suggest they are doing any of that), they would start with defense by finding an excellent goalie to pair with big, fast, and agressive defensemen. Their plan should be a 5-year deal with judicous draft choices that fit their intended mold and a revitalization of the farm system to find players of that caliber.

Next, you want to get the fiscal financial house in order and start removing over-paid, low productive players that don't do much to contribute to a winning culture. If you aren't accountable, your ass will be out the door. Trade succinctly and judiciously should be the order of the day. If possible, move players that are useless and scour the FAs available who can FIT their plan and system.

Periennial winning sports franchises don't tolerate losers in any of its variations. If you are not all-in, your ass is gone. It is that simple. If the two principals mentioned at the beginning are on that track, then we will see results, otherwise, we will see more of the same bullshit Flyers attempting to pose as champions while being nothing but ass-whipped douchebags.
This is the exact opposite of what Hextall did for us so hopefully someone in power reads your post.