• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What really pisses-me-off to no end about the Flyers is Chuckie should be analyzing the crap out of the Lighting or the Avs and take a fashioned blueprint off both clubs and then move in that direction. But any movement anywhere in this club can't be found as everyone believes the Flyers are a few players away from what exactly?

No, ya dumbasses, you need to formulate a plan based on two winning franchises and then implement it ASAP. Not wait, not sit around and talk what-ifs, not do any of that shit. But that is exactly what the Flyers are doing. Basically NOTHING!!

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What really pisses-me-off to no end about the Flyers is Chuckie should be analyzing the crap out of the Lighting or the Avs and take a fashioned blueprint off both clubs and then move in that direction. But any movement anywhere in this club can't be found as everyone believes the Flyers are a few players away from what exactly?

No, ya dumbasses, you need to formulate a plan based on two winning franchises and then implement it ASAP. Not wait, not sit around and talk what-ifs, not do any of that shit. But that is exactly what the Flyers are doing. Basically NOTHING!!
Pay Yzerman $100MM per year to bag Detroit and move to Phila.

Or hire Guido from the south side to make Clarke, Holmgren and Scott disappear.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay Yzerman $100MM per year to bag Detroit and move to Phila.

Or hire Guido from the south side to make Clarke, Holmgren and Scott disappear.
I know a couple of guys from my neighborhood bar if you need someone from out of state. :spy:

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have or had horrible scouts, I still don't see how we missed out on Makar versus Patrick? I mean the kid checked all the boxes coming into the NHL, and we desperately needed Dmen versus wingers. Hopefully if Briere or someone can show they can scout it will start to build a better culture of players. Fingers crossed. Now who coaches this team will also be someone who can groom some youth.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have or had horrible scouts, I still don't see how we missed out on Makar versus Patrick? I mean the kid checked all the boxes coming into the NHL, and we desperately needed Dmen versus wingers. Hopefully if Briere or someone can show they can scout it will start to build a better culture of players. Fingers crossed. Now who coaches this team will also be someone who can groom some youth.

I think development is a bigger issue. Flyers got a lot of rave reviews post-drafts on the guys they selected. Prospect pool was routinely rated highly by most of the industry. But basically everyone fell short of their projection. That's a development thing.

And as to Patrick/Makar in particular. I would challenge you to find a single mock draft leading up to it that had anybody other than Hischier/Patrick 1-2. They were as consensus 1-2 as it gets, at least from the draft prognosticators. Makar was 9th in central scouting's list for just North America. Obviously all of them were wrong, Makar is the clear best player from that draft, but it's not like the Flyers missed a 20mph pitch straight down the pipe in the moment.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think development is a bigger issue. Flyers got a lot of rave reviews post-drafts on the guys they selected. Prospect pool was routinely rated highly by most of the industry. But basically everyone fell short of their projection. That's a development thing.

And as to Patrick/Makar in particular. I would challenge you to find a single mock draft leading up to it that had anybody other than Hischier/Patrick 1-2. They were as consensus 1-2 as it gets, at least from the draft prognosticators. Makar was 9th in central scouting's list for just North America. Obviously all of them were wrong, Makar is the clear best player from that draft, but it's not like the Flyers missed a 20mph pitch straight down the pipe in the moment.
Obviously they were the 1+2 rated players in that draft. My thing is with our scouting dept and management. There was no reason to add Patrick at that point, and yes I know it's hard to pass on a potential sniper, but sometimes you gotta go need versus want. At that point our defensive pool wasn't very deep or strong. I guess it's all conjecture but agree there were and are a lot of intangibles and still are that need to be corrected going forward. Let's hope for some good luck for a change!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously they were the 1+2 rated players in that draft. My thing is with our scouting dept and management. There was no reason to add Patrick at that point, and yes I know it's hard to pass on a potential sniper, but sometimes you gotta go need versus want. At that point our defensive pool wasn't very deep or strong. I guess it's all conjecture but agree there were and are a lot of intangibles and still are that need to be corrected going forward. Let's hope for some good luck for a change!

Definitely need some good luck. That's for damn sure.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Patrick stock was dropping long before the draft. He was a consensus number 1 and the as the mock drafts started coming out he dropped to number 2. He was in a free fall and we just didn't believe it.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total cop - out move.
The sadder part is that there are gonna be excited fans. Yeah he's an overly outspoken Prima Donna, but I guess the good knock is that his old player's don't have any hate for him. Except for the Blue Jackets player who cried and ended up being traded to Winnepeg.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is, you could bring in Scotty Bowman and it doesn't matter unless you have the correct personal on the ice. Read an article that said we should look into trading Hart to someone like Edmonton. Only way I'd say yes to that is if Drisidle(sp)?was involved. They said we have another young and up in coming goalie(forgot his name), but you still need defensive help. Ristolainen is going to be the new McDonald contract. If, and that's a big If, Ellis can have a full or close to it, decent season and you can find a solid second pairing for Sandhiem to play with we may be okay, not great but ok. Also we signed seeler and we Have York and I forget who else but it will be interesting to see who can excel if any. I still see Ristolainen ending up on the 3 rd dman pairing before seasons end.:doh:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star Wars Reaction GIF

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing I remember about watch Torts coach is holding players accountable. Accountability is something the Flyers are lacking. How many times last season were two guys from the other team down low without a Flyer in sight. Pretty sure that shit is going to stop.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing I remember about watch Torts coach is holding players accountable. Accountability is something the Flyers are lacking. How many times last season were two guys from the other team down low without a Flyer in sight. Pretty sure that shit is going to stop.
He has a winning record and 637 wins. Well have to wait and see if he can coach a young team.

Last edited: