• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seravali saying the Flyers interviewed David Quinn and Jeff Blashill. Thinks they plan to interview Cassidy as well. Follow up tweet said they haven't gone to round 2 of interviews yet, but that Torts would be one that makes it to the second round.

Honestly, my only preference at this point in the coaching search is just not Torts. If it's Torts, that's just a sign that the old school guys like Clarke and Homer are still running this team and if there's one thing we can all agree on, it's that those two in particular are not very good at building cup contenders in the cap era.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from the Athletic:

5. Philadelphia Flyers: Cutter Gauthier, C/LW, USNTDP-USHL

Gauthier is the top contender outside of the consensus names to break into the top five, as he has fans in the scouting world who think he’s a clear top 5 pick, if not a top 3, and some who aren’t close to as sold. As a tall, quick, skilled, competitive forward who can play the middle or wing he won’t last long, especially since a lot of teams seem to think he could be an NHL center. I could see Nemec or David Jiricek as options here too, but Gauthier could be a dynamic young center with size that the Flyers would covet.

I am warming to Cutter. Pronman also has him at #3 in this "highest upside" ranking.

Which is good because he's got Fletcher pick written all over him. If I were to put money on it, he'd be my bet.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seravali saying the Flyers interviewed David Quinn and Jeff Blashill. Thinks they plan to interview Cassidy as well. Follow up tweet said they haven't gone to round 2 of interviews yet, but that Torts would be one that makes it to the second round.

Honestly, my only preference at this point in the coaching search is just not Torts. If it's Torts, that's just a sign that the old school guys like Clarke and Homer are still running this team and if there's one thing we can all agree on, it's that those two in particular are not very good at building cup contenders in the cap era.
I honestly dont think it will be Torts. That would be dumb of us to offer him the job and dumb of him to accept our offer. This will be a young team so i would like a coach who works well with young players and develops them. The next several years will be all about developing team to compete for a cup.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am warming to Cutter. Pronman also has him at #3 in this "highest upside" ranking.

Which is good because he's got Fletcher pick written all over him. If I were to put money on it, he'd be my bet.
I really dont care who it is ,I just want an impact player who can jump into the league and produce pretty quickly.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly dont think it will be Torts. That would be dumb of us to offer him the job and dumb of him to accept our offer. This will be a young team so i would like a coach who works well with young players and develops them. The next several years will be all about developing team to compete for a cup.
So who would this be ? Hextall brought in Hakstol to do this - OR there were pictures out there. I actually thought Hakstol was going to be a 2-4 year interim to develop the pipeline, then bring in a coach that could win a cup. All wishful thinking at the time.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiring Torts ids not thinking-outside-the-box. That is re-hashing the hash. If you want innivation and team building, ya have to get a young creative thinker who works well with youngsters and who has a clear purpose/direction in mind. Right now, none of the suggested retreads appear to not have a lick of any purpose/direction that builds a Tampa-type team here.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Awesome job in not getting anything for NAK
Hey we needed the space and money to sign that defensive stud Ristolainen.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W
So who would this be ? Hextall brought in Hakstol to do this - OR there were pictures out there. I actually thought Hakstol was going to be a 2-4 year interim to develop the pipeline, then bring in a coach that could win a cup. All wishful thinking at the time.
Which is kind of what happened. Hakstol was followed up by AV, just that the talent pool wasn't as deep as everyone thought..

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish i had an answer on who it would be but hopefully lts someone who will be steering the ship in the right direction.

Hextall riddled this team with mediocre talent at best. Hakstol developed the players we have the best he could. Its just that Hextall killed this franchise with players he thought were really good but they were mediocre to terrible.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W

Which is kind of what happened. Hakstol was followed up by AV, just that the talent pool wasn't as deep as everyone thought..
It wasn't a money issue. The Flyers waived NAK when Kevin Hayes came off of LTIR. For some idiotic reason we waived NAK instead of Patrick Brown.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a money issue. The Flyers waived NAK when Kevin Hayes came off of LTIR. For some idiotic reason we waived NAK instead of Patrick Brown.
Sorry I should of used the sarcastic font. He's a great hustle/high energy guy. He's finally been put in the best situation for him and he's thriving. Unfortunately Colorado has an outstanding depth chart so at this point it may bump him off the roster.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do we have to give up to get Debrincat? Do we even go for him or just rebuild? Its not every day where you get a two time 40 goal scorer hit the trade market.

TRADE TARGETS :#Blackhawks41-goal scorer Alex DeBrincat leads off the first board of the summer as the No. 1 player available.

Here are@DailyFaceoff's 25 names in play with exactly 5 weeks until the#NHLDraft:Trade Targets: Chicago's Alex DeBrincat is No. 1 player available ahead of wild NHL offseason - Daily Faceoff

— Frank Seravalli (@frank_seravalli)June 9, 2022

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do we have to give up to get Debrincat? Do we even go for him or just rebuild? Its not every day where you get a two time 40 goal scorer hit the trade market.

TRADE TARGETS :#Blackhawks41-goal scorer Alex DeBrincat leads off the first board of the summer as the No. 1 player available.

Here are@DailyFaceoff's 25 names in play with exactly 5 weeks until the#NHLDraft:Trade Targets: Chicago's Alex DeBrincat is No. 1 player available ahead of wild NHL offseason - Daily Faceoff

— Frank Seravalli (@frank_seravalli)June 9, 2022
Isn't Pasternak a FA this summer to? I could go for either one, only downside to each is their offensive players only, def no defensive game what so ever.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Pasternak a FA this summer to? I could go for either one, only downside to each is their offensive players only, def no defensive game what so ever.
Pasta is a free agent after next season so he is off the board to sign this year.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to think Damn 1st and then try to acquire a sniper. Anybody else besides Debrincat available, I haven't been paying too much attention.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we need a lot of defense and maybe a sniper or two. I would love to find a solid damn because I know Ellis is an over rated injury prone hack!
Our defenseman already take up 28% of our cap. If anything we need to trade either Prov or Sanheim to get rid of some money from our back end.

It would be nice to trade Ellis or Risto but only we wanted those two dumb contracts not any other team.

Funny last summer i was saying that Ellis is not Bobby Orr and we got him so cheap because he was an injury waiting to happen a response to my post was "why am i even a Flyer fan" . I guess we know now why we got him so cheap.