• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defenseman already take up 28% of our cap. If anything we need to trade either Prov or Sanheim to get rid of some money from our back end.

It would be nice to trade Ellis or Risto but only we wanted those two dumb contracts not any other team.

Funny last summer i was saying that Ellis is not Bobby Orr and we got him so cheap because he was an injury waiting to happen a response to my post was "why am i even a Flyer fan" . I guess we know now why we got him so cheap.
Yea the risto trade is another reason I don't want Fletcher driving this ship. Ellis and risto we're both bad signings and now we're stuck with 2 more bad JVR/ Hayes type contracts. These long term deals with no trade clauses has to stop asap! Unfortunately we're a long ways off to having a competitive team.:tsk:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea the risto trade is another reason I don't want Fletcher driving this ship. Ellis and risto we're both bad signings and now we're stuck with 2 more bad JVR/ Hayes type contracts. These long term deals with no trade clauses has to stop asap! Unfortunately we're a long ways off to having a competitive team.:tsk:
We need new players, new coaches and new management not a good situation to be in right now.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. This inability of Philadelphia Pro Sports teams to see and adapt to a new way of doing things has all of them, including the Flyers, stuck in habit that is decades old. The FO's and the ownership of the Eagles, Phillies, Flyers, and Sixers appear to be stuck in a major fear of thinking innovatively and killing the old losing ways of doing things. Hiring Torts is not thinking innovatively. It is recycling the old, possibly sure thing because, in all likelihood, the Flyers braintrust doesn't know who or what an Avs or even Rangers or Oilers think to get the teams they have. The Flyers just sit an admire but haven't a clue on how to get where "they" are!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I hope to hell your wrong, but then again after the Ristolainen B's I can def see this team continuing to move in the wrong direction. Good news for me is the Avs will be a force for years so I can relish in their success and forget the flyers.
It would be even better for you if they met up in the Stanley cup in a couple of years. :nod:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. This inability of Philadelphia Pro Sports teams to see and adapt to a new way of doing things has all of them, including the Flyers, stuck in habit that is decades old. The FO's and the ownership of the Eagles, Phillies, Flyers, and Sixers appear to be stuck in a major fear of thinking innovatively and killing the old losing ways of doing things. Hiring Torts is not thinking innovatively. It is recycling the old, possibly sure thing because, in all likelihood, the Flyers braintrust doesn't know who or what an Avs or even Rangers or Oilers think to get the teams they have. The Flyers just sit an admire but haven't a clue on how to get where "they" are!
This post is spot on!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure why somebody in the Flyers organization isn't studying the Tampa franchise. Great defense, decent scoring, and making their third straight trip to Lord Stanley's Cup which is an NHL record.

What are the Flyers doing? Sittin' around with their thumbs up their asses trying to decide who to hire as a Head Coach while Rome burns to the ground and thinking that recycling a worn-out coach is the answer. Not much will change with that approach.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure why somebody in the Flyers organization isn't studying the Tampa franchise. Great defense, decent scoring, and making their third straight trip to Lord Stanley's Cup which is an NHL record.

What are the Flyers doing? Sittin' around with their thumbs up their asses trying to decide who to hire as a Head Coach while Rome burns to the ground and thinking that recycling an worn-out coach is the answer. Not much will change with that approach.
Don't worry by 2032 we will have this mess cleaned up. :dhd:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this but the problem is the dudes at Comcast don't have a flippin clue as to where the Flyers are heading and for what purpose. At least W-T-F Chuck should have a direction in mind but he doesn't have anything either. Looks like the collective action is to sit on their damn thumbs-up-their-asses and do nothing. WTH!