• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the 23 players who have played for the Florida Panthers this post season only 3 players were drafted by the club.

Of the 24 players who have played for Vegas this post season ( in the NHL for 6 drafts ) only 1 player has been drafted by the club.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the 23 players who have played for the Florida Panthers this post season only 3 players were drafted by the club.

Of the 24 players who have played for Vegas this post season ( in the NHL for 6 drafts ) only 1 player has been drafted by the club.

The Panthers at least are a pretty interesting case. Their 1C/captain and Norris-level 1D were draft picks, but they really did add a ton through trades. Hopefully that helps to open up the trade world more in the NHL.

Vegas is wild. It's amazing to me that only 4 of the guys they got in the expansion draft are still on the team.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be shocked if Carolina won 4 straight. In my opinion, they've been the better team and they're down 0-3.

Of course, Florida scores right after I say this, but I still think it's true.

I can't wrap my mind around a team finishing with 92 points (lowest of any playoff team) and now being this close to sweeping the conference finals against a team that won the Metro division with 113 points.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be shocked if Carolina won 4 straight. In my opinion, they've been the better team and they're down 0-3.

Of course, Florida scores right after I say this, but I still think it's true.

I can't wrap my mind around a team finishing with 92 points (lowest of any playoff team) and now being this close to sweeping the conference finals against a team that won the Metro division with 113 points.

And there you have it. Panthers finish off the clean sweep. Bob just a monster this postseason, particularly against the Canes. 0.965 sv percentage in that series is insane. That would top Bernie Parent for top sv% in a single playoff season.

Also, the odds makers had the Panthers at #3 to win the cup preseason at +900 (Avs/Leafs ahead of them). So it seems to just be a case of a really good team that struggled for a big stretch of the season but put it all together at the right time. They're 18-4-1 since March 29th. Talented team gets hot and the right time and look out.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there you have it. Panthers finish off the clean sweep. Bob just a monster this postseason, particularly against the Canes. 0.965 sv percentage in that series is insane. That would top Bernie Parent for top sv% in a single playoff season.

Also, the odds makers had the Panthers at #3 to win the cup preseason at +900 (Avs/Leafs ahead of them). So it seems to just be a case of a really good team that struggled for a big stretch of the season but put it all together at the right time. They're 18-4-1 since March 29th. Talented team gets hot and the right time and look out.
That was probably the tightest series this entire postseason and Carolina got swept...Lol They outshot Florida by 47, lost two games in OT (essentially three) and every game by just a single goal.

They are both good teams and the injuries to their top players probably doomed the Canes, but how fucking unlucky can you get!?! They did just about everything they needed to do except score a clutch goal.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was probably the tightest series this entire postseason and Carolina got swept...Lol They outshot Florida by 47, lost two games in OT (essentially three) and every game by just a single goal.

They are both good teams and the injuries to their top players probably doomed the Canes, but how fucking unlucky can you get!?! They did just about everything they needed to do except score a clutch goal.

Yep. Just missing that high end scoring threat to get past a scorching hot goalie. Sucks for the Canes because they have two of them in Pacioretty and Svechnikov but both are hurt. Sucks because they're a fun team to watch. Actually was a pretty fun series to watch, really good pace, close like you said even though it was a sweep.

We'll see if Vegas can complete the double sweep. If I were a gambling man, I'd bet on it. Vegas/FLA will be a weird cup final haha. Have to root for Florida. The Knights fans still haven't suffered enough yet to be worthy.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Panthers at least are a pretty interesting case. Their 1C/captain and Norris-level 1D were draft picks, but they really did add a ton through trades. Hopefully that helps to open up the trade world more in the NHL.

Vegas is wild. It's amazing to me that only 4 of the guys they got in the expansion draft are still on the team.
There was this narrative on this board a couple months ago where the only way to build a Stanley cup team was to do it only through the draft so i just wanted to make this board aware there are more ways to build a cup team. I hope Briere can get creative with trades and signings as well as solid draft picks.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Just missing that high end scoring threat to get past a scorching hot goalie. Sucks for the Canes because they have two of them in Pacioretty and Svechnikov but both are hurt. Sucks because they're a fun team to watch. Actually was a pretty fun series to watch, really good pace, close like you said even though it was a sweep.

We'll see if Vegas can complete the double sweep. If I were a gambling man, I'd bet on it. Vegas/FLA will be a weird cup final haha. Have to root for Florida. The Knights fans still haven't suffered enough yet to be worthy.
None of them have even been franchises for long enough to actually suffer.

Obviously our defense is lacking compared to that of Florida, but I think our forward group (when healthy) is actually not far off. Couturier and Konecny are lesser versions of their elite stars Barkov and Tkachuk, but also cost a lot less. Get Atkinson back. Add breakout seasons from Tippett and Farabee. Cates plays like a Selke trophy winner and we add Gauthier, who right now is 2nd in the World Championships with 7 goals and 1st with a +11 against grown men. We're really going to send him back to BC to play against kids his own age after this performance!? I think not. At this rate, he will be good enough to make the big squad in September, and yes, still as a 19 year old.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was this narrative on this board a couple months ago where the only way to build a Stanley cup team was to do it only through the draft so i just wanted to make this board aware there are more ways to build a cup team. I hope Briere can get creative with trades and signings as well as solid draft picks.
I wonder how much players want to play for the Flyers. With so much mismanagement from the ownership on down, it seems like they have to overpay to get an average guy. Hayes is the most recent example. Hopefully with Danny and Jonesy, the franchise becomes more attractive. First they need to get creative to get out of cap hell. 2024 - 2025 has $30,000,000 space, but only10 guys are signed for $54,000,000 and that doesn't include Hart, Tippett, York, Frost, Cates, Brink .....

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how much players want to play for the Flyers. With so much mismanagement from the ownership on down, it seems like they have to overpay to get an average guy. Hayes is the most recent example. Hopefully with Danny and Jonesy, the franchise becomes more attractive. First they need to get creative to get out of cap hell. 2024 - 2025 has $30,000,000 space, but only10 guys are signed for $54,000,000 and that doesn't include Hart, Tippett, York, Frost, Cates, Brink .....
I think we can get out of cap hell. Prov/Sanheim are solid defenseman that other teams want and DeAngelo would be a nice deadline pickup for a playoff team looking to improve their PP. Then the creative part would be to get someone to take on Hayes and thats almost 20 million in 3 players. Couts shouldnt be untouchable and if someone aquires about him that would give us another almost 8 million. It can be done, Danny B just has to figure out what he is willing to do to get rid of Hayes as that would be a hard sell.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still the tried and true method. The draft is the best place to build a team. We’ve put the list of cap-era cup winners up countless times, almost all of them had a core built through the draft. And even if Florida wins, they got a Selke 1C and Norris 1D at the top of the draft.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pleaaase hire Chirelli. That would be absolute gold.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still the tried and true method. The draft is the best place to build a team. We’ve put the list of cap-era cup winners up countless times, almost all of them had a core built through the draft. And even if Florida wins, they got a Selke 1C and Norris 1D at the top of the draft.
Times are changing, the draft is a good way to build a team but not the only way. This season Florida and Vegas proved there is more than one way to build a cup winner.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Times are changing, the draft is a good way to build a team but not the only way. This season Florida and Vegas proved there is more than one way to build a cup winner.
We’re all in for LAS’ 14-1 bet on VGK !

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Panthers should definitely be the favorite in the Cup Finals. They are 8-1 on the road in the playoffs and that's against 3 of the top 5 teams in the Nhl (according to final standings). Well, games 1, 2, 5 & 7 are road games for them in this series.