• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I've read two articles as of late, and both have me pretty intrigued. Both revolve around the Coyotes. The first one was an article about sending Ellis and his contract to the yotes to reach the salary cap ceiling. I am on board with this 1000%.

The second article was about Clayton Keller and his desire to be moved from said franchise. Would love to see Jonesy work some magic and make both a reality.
I agree with both of these 100%

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just have to take a bigger risk I think. A guy like Benson seems to have all the skill/smarts/drive to be a high end point producer on a top line. But he's also 5'9 and not a dynamic skater. So he's almost a top line guy in the NHL, or he's an AHL-er.

I'm on board with a home-run swing.
I was reading a story that said if it wasn't such a deep draft this year Benson would be a top 3 pick.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right, it's the lack of physicality that definitely exaggerates it. Good news is we don't have JVR anymore, hoping we can lose Hayes(in a good way), hope Allison can fill a void left by JVR.
A 12 year old pee wee could fill the void left by JVR in the physicality department :pound::pound::pound::pound:

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I've read two articles as of late, and both have me pretty intrigued. Both revolve around the Coyotes. The first one was an article about sending Ellis and his contract to the yotes to reach the salary cap ceiling. I am on board with this 1000%.

The second article was about Clayton Keller and his desire to be moved from said franchise. Would love to see Jonesy work some magic and make both a reality.
So why is our President of Hockey Operations still calling games from the booth / “on the ice” tonight ? Hard to do “the magic” in making hockey team moves when you’re on TV.

From my perspective, not a good look….AT ALL !!!!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why is our President of Hockey Operations still calling games from the booth / “on the ice” tonight ? Hard to do “the magic” in making hockey team moves when you’re on TV.

I'm assuming it is very temporary, but yes, I was absolutely shocked to see such a thing as well. His new job is to essentially help evaluate and build the Philadelphia Flyers into contenders and he's behind the glass, giving us insight on teams that are still in the playoffs. First off, he's way above that right now and secondly, there's absolutely no way that he could find the time to do both jobs at once. He will have his plate full in Philly alone.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming it is very temporary, but yes, I was absolutely shocked to see such a thing as well. His new job is to essentially help evaluate and build the Philadelphia Flyers into contenders and he's behind the glass, giving us insight on teams that are still in the playoffs. First off, he's way above that right now and secondly, there's absolutely no way that he could find the time to do both jobs at once. He will have his plate full in Philly alone.

Here's an inside as to why, you don't have to like it, but I kinda agree with some of it.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an inside as to why, you don't have to like it, but I kinda agree with some of it.
The Writer wants to brown nose Jones so he gets access.

He doesn’t have to work 24-7 on flyers but he should be with Briere and scouts figuring out pre-draft or draft day moves. How can you have meaningful conversations with other hockey people if you don’t know what you are trying to accomplish - in detail.. what’s the plan ?

Still don’t like it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watched the game that they won 2-0 and Gauthier scored to make it 1-0 and basically iced the game. He looks much better this tourney than he did in the World juniors. He's flying around the ice.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watched the game that they won 2-0 and Gauthier scored to make it 1-0 and basically iced the game. He looks much better this tourney than he did in the World juniors. He's flying around the ice.

Certainly been an exciting week or so for him. Ray of hope in a dark time for the Flyers.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly been an exciting week or so for him. Ray of hope in a dark time for the Flyers.
I don't think elite level players are everything, but we could definitely be adding a couple down the road with Gauthier and the upcoming 7th overall pick.

To further add on that, look at what Seattle did in year two. They very nearly made it to the conference finals with just a really good team full of experienced vets that are pretty much in their prime. None of their players are really elite, but none of them are truly bad either. It's basically a group of 26-31 year olds that just has a lot of two-way capability and playoff experience. They play defense very well, roll four lines and everyone can chip in some offensively. It worked pretty damn well this season for them, so why can't it work for us!?

If anything, I think we need to completely overhaul our defense before we do anything else and then we can start winning lots of hockey games with Hart in net and a strong defense in front of him.

If we have to trade away Konecny, Provorov, Hayes and others to get this done, so be it. If we have to drop down in the draft to get extra picks and draft a defenseman in the 1st round too, so be it.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It pains me to say this too because I fucking love Konecny right now, but he does only have two "bargain" years left, so to speak. We're very likely not going to be great during those two seasons, so it does make sense to sell high on him asap and get a boatload in return.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how Giroux feels with Florida one game away from a cup without him. :pound::pound::pound::pound:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like the new “owner” is more interested in his arena being full than winning a Stanley Cup.

I really don’t want to hear about a Taylor swift concert when addressing what I’m doing to help build a winning hockey franchise.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like the new “owner” is more interested in his arena being full than winning a Stanley Cup.

I really don’t want to hear about a Taylor swift concert when addressing what I’m doing to help build a winning hockey franchise.
You are 100% correct. I wish they would sell the team so we can get back to respectability.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutter Gauthier tallies and assist and plus 1 in an overtime OT victory for the U.S. against Sweden. Thus U.S. now moves onto the quarter finals. :usa2:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers vs Devils in an out door game in February at Met Life stadium.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yikes

If you look around the nation, any sector, you see a lot of businesses that were built by people that are now dead and that have been horribly mismanaged by the people left behind to run it.

I loved flyers hockey. I loved the sport of hockey. It's the fastest, with the toughest players. Non-stop action. But it's been almost a decade of nothing worth following and what is the point if you can't have nice things?