• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bacon i was just reading Landeskog is out all season next year as well.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Gauthier will be getting some help at BC next year as Will Smith and Ryan Leonard two top 10 picks in the upcoming draft will be heading there. Maybe we draft one of them who knows.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bettman always laughs how people think he fixes things...I wonder why Bettman you little puke!
This is just a really bad look for the Nhl. Out of all of the fucking teams that could've won the lottery, only one (Chicago) has had a fairly resent dynasty after drafting a generational talent #1 overall just 16 years ago. The very year that they finally part with Patrick Kane, not only do they get two prospects and two picks for him, they AGAIN get to draft a generational talent at #1 overall. Mind you, many of the other teams in this lottery haven't won a Cup or drafted #1 overall in ages or ever.

I saw this posted on Twitter, which makes me feel even worse about it:

If Athanasiou hadn't scored late against the Flyers to force OT, the Blackhawks would've finished 31st.

If Toews had scored on his OT breakaway, the Blackhawks would've finished 29th.

In either scenario, they wouldn't have won the lottery. The margins were that slim.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At #7 flyers pick

Dvorsky is the latest product of Slovakia's recent impressive run of player development. At 6-foot-1, 201 pounds, his pro-ready build could put him on the fast track to the NHL. Dvorsky will need to improve his skating if he's going to stick at center, but his high motor and pure offensive skill should make him a productive player, regardless of position.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone hear that sound? That was the last gasp of the NJ Devils in this postseason. Their season is unofficially over after Carolina scored 5 second period goals tonight to inevitably go up 3-1 headed back home for game 5.

I can't help but find myself rooting for the Canes, probably due to the Brind'Amour and Ghost connections. Also, they are lesser rivals than really anyone else within our division that made the playoffs.

Also, fuck NJ....Lol

So, the eastern conference finals will be an unlikely Florida vs. Carolina matchup, just like you'd expect with a cold-weather sport like hockey...Lol

I personally don't see anyone beating Carolina.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m intrigued by Reinbacher tonight. Top pair RHD projection with good size and skating. Pronman’s comparable was Brett Pesce.

Not the flashiest of picks. But the Flyers could really use a top pair RHD.
We would definitely have to trade back several spots though based on what I've seen. You're not taking a defenseman 7th overall (or higher) in this draft.

If we like the 1st round depth and can grab an extra pick late in the round, I'm all for that. This doesn't help us get us that elite, top line forward though.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would definitely have to trade back several spots though based on what I've seen. You're not taking a defenseman 7th overall (or higher) in this draft.

If we like the 1st round depth and can grab an extra pick late in the round, I'm all for that. This doesn't help us get us that elite, top line forward though.

True. But they have a serious need a RHD as well, so if the draft breaks in that those super high end forward picks are all taken, I think it makes sense to get a guy like Reinbacher. They don't really have a good avenue to get that otherwise either. And even though he's not flashy, they do have a path to flashier offense from the blueline on the left side with York and Andrae in particular. And I think if they move back, Reinbacher will be gone. If they do target defense and want to move down, I think they're looking at Sandin-Pellikka who is more that flashy offense type. In reality though, I'd love to be able to move up a couple spots for Smith or Carlsson, but I doubt teams will move back from that high.

I think this is where I am right now (obviously the top half of the list is almost certainly taken by the time the Flyers pick):

Bedard
Fantilli
Smith
Carlsson
Michkov
Reinbacher
Danielson
Moore
Benson
Leonard

In my feelings the past few days, I think the Flyers should put a little priority on premium positions (RHD and C). It seems like there's not much of a consensus for like 6-15 in the draft, so if you're getting relatively equal caliber player, prioritize the position. And prioritize the type of player obviously. So for me, RHD and C get premium. Speed gets a premium. High-end talent gets a premium.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At #7 flyers pick

Dvorsky is the latest product of Slovakia's recent impressive run of player development. At 6-foot-1, 201 pounds, his pro-ready build could put him on the fast track to the NHL. Dvorsky will need to improve his skating if he's going to stick at center, but his high motor and pure offensive skill should make him a productive player, regardless of position.
Good call i posted this as our pick that i want at number 7. He's the 3rd best skater in Europe and we sorely need some good skaters in our organization.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But they have a serious need a RHD as well, so if the draft breaks in that those super high end forward picks are all taken, I think it makes sense to get a guy like Reinbacher. They don't really have a good avenue to get that otherwise either. And even though he's not flashy, they do have a path to flashier offense from the blueline on the left side with York and Andrae in particular. And I think if they move back, Reinbacher will be gone. If they do target defense and want to move down, I think they're looking at Sandin-Pellikka who is more that flashy offense type. In reality though, I'd love to be able to move up a couple spots for Smith or Carlsson, but I doubt teams will move back from that high.

I think this is where I am right now (obviously the top half of the list is almost certainly taken by the time the Flyers pick):

Bedard
Fantilli
Smith
Carlsson
Michkov
Reinbacher
Danielson
Moore
Benson
Leonard

In my feelings the past few days, I think the Flyers should put a little priority on premium positions (RHD and C). It seems like there's not much of a consensus for like 6-15 in the draft, so if you're getting relatively equal caliber player, prioritize the position. And prioritize the type of player obviously. So for me, RHD and C get premium. Speed gets a premium. High-end talent gets a premium.
I dont see Dvorsky on your list. The Athletic has him going 8th to the Caps as the safe pick in the draft.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see Dvorsky on your list. The Athletic has him going 8th to the Caps as the safe pick in the draft.

The stuff I’ve read question his speed and offensive ceiling. Very capable defensively and steady, but I’d rather go after someone with more upside even if it has a higher risk.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stuff I’ve read question his speed and offensive ceiling. Very capable defensively and steady, but I’d rather go after someone with more upside even if it has a higher risk.
Hes ranked the third best skater in Europe and i saw this was printed about him from an article yesterday.

Dalibor Dvorsky, F, AIK, Allsvenskan - At the IIHF U-18 worlds, Dvorsky answered a lot of questions. He’s one of the best pure scorers in the draft, potting eight goals and 13 points in seven games. Originally discussed in the top five, Dvorsky could prove a steal if teams allow him to fall.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes ranked the third best skater in Europe and i saw this was printed about him from an article yesterday.

Dalibor Dvorsky, F, AIK, Allsvenskan - At the IIHF U-18 worlds, Dvorsky answered a lot of questions. He’s one of the best pure scorers in the draft, potting eight goals and 13 points in seven games. Originally discussed in the top five, Dvorsky could prove a steal if teams allow him to fall.

I think the rankings you're referencing are Central Scouting's rankings? Those are using the term skater to differentiate between goalies and non-goalies (skaters), not actual skating ability.

But perhaps I'm still summarizing his characteristics wrong. Here's Pronman's analysis, which paints him as a better offensive threat than I have in my head, but does reference 'below average skating'. Pronman was pretty spot on with the Flyers picks at least recently. A little against the grain of the rest of the media, he never bought in to the Flyers prospect pool from a few years ago that had others excited (Provorov, Sanheim, Patrick, TK, Farabee, Myers etc.) He's got him 8th as well.

Analysis: Dvorsky is quite dangerous inside the offensive zone. He has excellent puck skills in small areas and can make checkers miss routinely in open ice. He can make tough plays and find seams. He excels as a goal scorer, though, with a wrist shot and one-timer that he can often finish from range. Dvorsky’s compete is good, he wins puck battles and he isn’t shy from using his body. Like a lot of shooters he can stay too much on the perimeter instead of taking it to the net, but I never watch his games and think he lacks effort. His footspeed is going to be an issue for higher levels. I think with his offensive talent, his work ethic and strong and consistent track record of scoring he finds a way to become a very important part of an NHL lineup, but I’m less sure of whether he sticks down the middle or has to be a winger due to his skating.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the rankings you're referencing are Central Scouting's rankings? Those are using the term skater to differentiate between goalies and non-goalies (skaters), not actual skating ability.

But perhaps I'm still summarizing his characteristics wrong. Here's Pronman's analysis, which paints him as a better offensive threat than I have in my head, but does reference 'below average skating'. Pronman was pretty spot on with the Flyers picks at least recently. A little against the grain of the rest of the media, he never bought in to the Flyers prospect pool from a few years ago that had others excited (Provorov, Sanheim, Patrick, TK, Farabee, Myers etc.) He's got him 8th as well.

Analysis: Dvorsky is quite dangerous inside the offensive zone. He has excellent puck skills in small areas and can make checkers miss routinely in open ice. He can make tough plays and find seams. He excels as a goal scorer, though, with a wrist shot and one-timer that he can often finish from range. Dvorsky’s compete is good, he wins puck battles and he isn’t shy from using his body. Like a lot of shooters he can stay too much on the perimeter instead of taking it to the net, but I never watch his games and think he lacks effort. His footspeed is going to be an issue for higher levels. I think with his offensive talent, his work ethic and strong and consistent track record of scoring he finds a way to become a very important part of an NHL lineup, but I’m less sure of whether he sticks down the middle or has to be a winger due to his skating.

Here is where i got the skating rankings from.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is where i got the skating rankings from.

Ya, they're just using 'skater' to differentiate the goalies, but keep forwards/dmen together.

For example, pretty much every Moore scouting report says has the highest skating ability in the draft and that it's not even that close. But he's ranked 8th in NA in those rankings.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn’t get much more Flyers to name a former player GM and another former player President of Hockey Ops. Could work. But there’s nothing about those hires that says “exhaustive search”. Didn’t even have to press 9 to dial outside the office.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn’t get much more Flyers to name a former player GM and another former player President of Hockey Ops. Could work. But there’s nothing about those hires that says “exhaustive search”. Didn’t even have to press 9 to dial outside the office.
….. can’t get any more milquetoast than Jones. Very safe hire, but is he the best that’s out there ?

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here you go

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m both surprised they kept it to former flyers, and surprised at my surprise. Really thought they’d go outside the box this time. Jokes on me I guess.